FedEx Freight | on this Day of Days

the1papabear

TB Lurker
Credits
Just sitting hear late Christmas Eve .... early Christmas morning having just got home from church ...... and the thought came to me, while waiting for the kids to go to sleep and the fat man to make an appearance, that this has really been a good day ..... lots of good food ... opened a few gifts at the family get together ..... drank a little Wild Turkey and then went to church .... doesn't get much better eehh? .... anyway I wonder off topic (might be the Turkey). The point of this rambling thread is what I most enjoy , and look forward to each Christmas .... most would think its the presents, but that ruins the mood for me....... its the part during church when we light the candles and sing "Silent Night" ..... I feel more at peace than at any time of the year, all the stress and disappointments of the year just don't seem to matter .... so the point/question is what is the best part of the Christmas holiday for you? Any special traditions that make it a special day, and make it seem not like Christmas if you don't do it? :smilie_132:

Just sitting hear late Christmas Eve .... early Christmas morning having just got home from church ...... and the thought came to me, while waiting for the kids to go to sleep and the fat man to make an appearance, that this has really been a good day ..... lots of good food ... opened a few gifts at the family get together ..... drank a little Wild Turkey and then went to church .... doesn't get much better eehh? .... anyway I wonder off topic (might be the Turkey). The point of this rambling thread is what I most enjoy , and look forward to each Christmas .... most would think its the presents, but that ruins the mood for me....... its the part during church when we light the candles and sing "Silent Night" ..... I feel more at peace than at any time of the year, all the stress and disappointments of the year just don't seem to matter .... so the point/question is what is the best part of the Christmas holiday for you? Any special traditions that make it a special day, and make it seem not like Christmas if you don't do it? :smilie_132:

Papabear Nice Thread...As I read your post, you hit Home Big Time....The part of lighting the candles and singing Silent Night brought tears to my eyes as I read them, I could not of said it better my friend, it has such a calming effect on your heart...Merry Christmas and May God Bless You...

Me and my gal have a little different Christmas Tradition:Bondage:Somebody come let me loose:hysterical:

Way to go!

You turned a nice thread into cb chatter - I think it has now, officially "jumped the shark".

its the part during church when we light the candles and sing "Silent Night" ..... I feel more at peace than at any time of the year, all the stress and disappointments of the year just don't seem to matter .... so the point/question is what is the best part of the Christmas holiday for you? Any special traditions that make it a special day, and make it seem not like Christmas if you don't do it? :smilie_132:

Yes papabear I know exactly what you mean about that wonderful inward peace during moments like that.

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is when we all gather (big family) at my Mom and Dads house and bless the meal we are about to eat. We always have one adult say a prayer and then one of the kids to follow with one. This year my little 5yr.old nephew Zane said "thank you Jesus for laying in that cold manger for me" brother there is nothing like the prayer of a child to stir your soul! I am sure that God pays special attention to the prayers of the little ones. So I too thank Jesus for laying in that cold manger for me!