R&L | One down,two to go

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Well,saw the announcement posting on the wall today.Looks like they have one of the three things they wanted.They got the logistics company now.Whats next?

According to that release R&L posted in that trade paper it was interest in purchasing a truckload carrier,LTL carrier and a logistics Company.

According to that release R&L posted in that trade paper it was interest in purchasing a truckload carrier,LTL carrier and a logistics Company.
Correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt that mean they already have 2 of 3. R+L was an LTL trucking co. last time I checked. Or did they want to buy another one?

Theres a posting on our wall saying that they have entered into a partnership with Paramount Logistics out of Florida.I don't know if its a coincidence that the name is Paramount or not but check your bulletin board at the terminal.And in answer to the other post,yes R&L is an LTL co and yes it said they were interested in purchasing other LTL and or truck load carriers.

Theres a posting on our wall saying that they have entered into a partnership with Paramount Logistics out of Florida.I don't know if its a coincidence that the name is Paramount or not but check your bulletin board at the terminal.And in answer to the other post,yes R&L is an LTL co and yes it said they were interested in purchasing other LTL and or truck load carriers.

THIS IS THE FIRST THAT I HAVE HEARD THIS ONE OUT HERE IN PHI.ARE THEY GOING TO BUY ANYONE ELSE???????

This is the first concrete mention of anything.As far as the post on the wall,it was put up Fri I think or Thurs night.

Partners according to the letter but the old man probably owns it somehow.The name and location seem funny.Paramount Logistics in Fort Myers FL.

Partners according to the letter but the old man probably owns it somehow.The name and location seem funny.Paramount Logistics in Fort Myers FL.

The "new" company has the same address as one of the roberts properties in Fort Meyers..

The MCS-150 form was filed on May 7 2008 with no mileage listed for last year..

Just another start-up company for the family.

The "new" company has the same address as one of the roberts properties in Fort Meyers..

The MCS-150 form was filed on May 7 2008 with no mileage listed for last year..

Just another start-up company for the family.

well what i was told is that we owned that at one time.but who really knows?:hide:

It is interesting that it is named Paramount Logistics. The opening up of the Northeast we were called Paramount Transportation. Sr may have bought an existing broker/logistics company and renamed it. This will give them the ability to have an existing base and then grow from there. More information will be coming out in the next couple weeks.

I haven't heard anything about working with or buying a company for truck loads but my TM told me on Thursday that we can now start taking trailer loads without needing a request to pick it up. Right off the bat on the first day we grabbed a one bill van for 38K. Called Central and they sent a team in and took it to Wilmington.

I haven't heard anything about working with or buying a company for truck loads but my TM told me on Thursday that we can now start taking trailer loads without needing a request to pick it up. Right off the bat on the first day we grabbed a one bill van for 38K. Called Central and they sent a team in and took it to Wilmington.
Very Interesting!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I HEARD WE ARE TAKING TRUCK LOADS TO OH OR VA NO ? ASKED:TR10driving03:

If you do your homework on Paramount Logistics, you will see that the company was started by R+L Carriers. They did not buy a company, they started another.

Check out the paramount logistics website. The place to send bills to an office that R&L owns in Fort Meyers, FL and the fax # is a Wilmingonton, OH #. If you look at the real estate link of the company website , you see that they match. Obviously R&L is affiliated with or owns the new company paramount logistics.

Then maybe they will stop having out side
carriers coming in with over flow everyday.
I heard that Paramount logistics are not
aloud to give R/L pricing,that what a sales men
told me.