TForce | One Line Seniority

Heard today from another driver that the union asked for one line seniority. If that’s true I’ll be voting NO!
Heard today from another driver that the union asked for one line seniority. If that’s true I’ll be voting NO!
I'm all for one line seniority, even if it means I get bumped down. Seniority should prevail on everything in my opinion.

Everything requires a 50% +1 vote. There are more local cartage employees than road. And all the laidoff guys get to vote on the contract.

O’Brien and Taylor need to make sure this is taken out. Allowing a dock worker who just got their CDL to bump over to the road board and displace them is horse****! They didn’t earn it.
How about a COO that moves the road operation out. In a two board system, senior road drivers would be forced to move or be laid off while a city new hire stays. That is both horse and bull chat.

How about a COO that moves the road operation out. In a two board system, senior road drivers would be forced to move or be laid off while a city new hire stays. That is both horse and bull chat.
That’s exactly what happened to me. Started out in city, Bid to road, then two years my road run got cut…I could either bump the bottom city driver and work the dock mostly, take a permanent layoff, or bid back to the city. After 18 years, there’s one driver with 14 months less company seniority than me, but he bids before me. How is that fair? I didn’t choose to go back to city like some do, because they can’t sleep during the day…I was forced back to city and lost my seniority.

That’s exactly what happened to me. Started out in city, Bid to road, then two years my road run got cut…I could either bump the bottom city driver and work the dock mostly, take a permanent layoff, or bid back to the city. After 18 years, there’s one driver with 14 months less company seniority than me, but he bids before me. How is that fair? I didn’t choose to go back to city like some do, because they can’t sleep during the day…I was forced back to city and lost my seniorit
You didn't know this was a possibility when you took the bid?

You didn't know this was a possibility when you took the bid?
Actually, no. We had 4 road drivers near retirement, so I thought I would be set for a career. We went from 7 road drivers to 2. The other union outfits when you bid out of classification, you go to the bottom for 1 year, then get your spot back.

Actually, no. We had 4 road drivers near retirement, so I thought I would be set for a career. We went from 7 road drivers to 2. The other union outfits when you bid out of classification, you go to the bottom for 1 year, then get your spot back.
Well maybe you should have read the contract you work under , instead of ones you don't work under.
You made the choice, it isn't the contracts fault.

So i think these means one board for everyone?

Sorry FD, but i think if you came in, in the middle of the night and froze your azz off for 20 years, and then one day decide to get your CDL, then you DESERVE to go to the top of the board as far as i'm concerned.

At my terminal, the new guy is driving the new truck. i first saw him driving down the road one time and thought this is bull's hit. Then i thought more about it: No, he comes in every morning 4am sometimes earlier, works inbound, then goes out and does a route. AND he's a good worker. He deserves the new truck as far as i'm concerned.