TForce | One Line Seniority

Now you are fighting each other. The carriers must love it.
You should probably demand that only linehaul drivers ger to vote on the line haul section of the contract and local cartage on their portion.
Good work!
I actually like that idea. To be honest idk what a P&D driver goes through daily and likewise he doesn't know what i go through at night.

All it takes to change the rules is a Business Agents signature.
Not in the northeast.. some guy’s tried and the union said no “because of the New England supplement “ funny thing is the road driver that’s been there 30 years never heard of it!

Nobody ever remembers voting on it ever! The union ended up getting paperwork on it. ( I think they just manufactured it to shut the road driver’s up) we were told the reason they have the supplement is so senior drivers don’t bid off the road in the winter! Also we bid once a year and if you bid the road it’s for the whole year even if something opens in the city or dock!

Not in the northeast.. some guy’s tried and the union said no “because of the New England supplement “ funny thing is the road driver that’s been there 30 years never heard of it!

Nobody ever remembers voting on it ever! The union ended up getting paperwork on it. ( I think they just manufactured it to shut the road driver’s up) we were told the reason they have the supplement is so senior drivers don’t bid off the road in the winter! Also we bid once a year and if you bid the road it’s for the whole year even if something opens in the city or dock!
Our contract specifies 2 bids per year 1 in June the other in December. We don't have supplements nor have we been unionized for 30 years.

Our contract specifies 2 bids per year 1 in June the other in December. We don't have supplements nor have we been unionized for 30 years.
We didn’t know we had a supplement either! Until we were told that this is the way it is! That contract isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on! It’s all a gray area that can be interpreted either way!

That’s what happens when you send a truck driver to negotiate with lawyers!

You should probably demand that only linehaul drivers ger to vote on the line haul section of the contract and local cartage on their portion.
Good work!
Not really fighting, just stating how i feel and my position.

i mean if the majority wants 2 line, then i'm ok with it. It's what i've been working under all this time anyways.....

There is a thing called a labor charge, and the court system. The union would be liable if found so in an nlrb hearing or court of law
Nope. Your elected representative has the power to act on your behalf. The union is not a democracy that requires a membership vote on everything.

Good work!
I thought you were smarter than this....I would hardly classify discussion and making your position known as "fighting", after all everyone has an opinion, even misguided opinions like yours....