XPO | Onions vs non-onions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credits
What do you think about onion companies vs non-onion companies.

onions make me cry , thats why i like non-onion companies.

Onions may look good and make you really want one, but soon as ya peel the skin and get in one, it really makes you cry. maybe its just that i have never tasted a good onion ?
are yellow onions better ?

please, share your feelings with the group .

vote

wonder what would happen if a bunch of people wanted onions at cnw ? would the smell just send everyone running for the hills ? should we vote on onions ? is everyone still happy without onions?
me personally , i hate onions at work , but if the $#!~ gets too deep at work and it smells bad anway, i might not mind the onion as bad. as for right now though , im still wanting an onion free work place.

so what do you think about yellow onions at $1.56 a bushel ? is it worth the risk of the smell and can ya finish the bushel before it gets rotten and ya have to throw it away?

You guys are wickedly mean!
Brown Onions taste and smell better.
Emmmm, the aroma of a well seasoned brown onion will make any non-onion cry.

so a properly seasoned onion that fits everyone's taste buds is possible? you have any recipes ?

I have a nice one:

• Take a non-onion and take it's layers off little by little.
  • Toss it in salt.
  • Rub it in salt.
  • Tease and caramelize it by gently brushing or stroking some sugar on it.
  • As it simmers in it's own happy juices.
  • Turn up the heat and watch it boil.
  • Than without notice, toss it in the trash.

so you would recommend brown onion over a yellow or an Arkansas green onion?
what are brown onions up to these days... $25 ..$26 .. a bushel ?

Definitely go Brown!
Brown onions are currently 58.62 a bushel. Premium price to pay for pleasing ones palette.
A Blue Non-onion is going for a discounted price of 25.77 a bushel. Thats cause they have ingrown shoots.
The Yellow and Green ones are rotting so they are almost free.

OKAY! This is a funny topic but it's getting strange and hard to follow.

Me too. The brown ones give me velvet smooth crap.:biglaugh:

You ever notice the onion left in the ground will regrow year after year? Most time it wont grow any bigger, but it will regrow none the less...

And also, if you leave an onion patch so to say, grow, it will eventually outgrow the garden and nothing else can grow, nothing else will survive, not even the garden...onions are a self-destructive species in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.