ABF | Operating Income $39.8 Million Vs $31.2 Million Q32019

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
https://arcb.com/about/news-events/press-releases/arcbest-announces-third-quarter-2020-results

• ower fuel surcharges versus prior year. Excluding fuel surcharge, LTL-rated freight experienced a percentage decrease in the low-single digits.
  • Operating income of $36.6 million and an operating ratio of 93.5 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $31.7 million and an operating ratio of 94.4 percent. On a non-GAAP basis, operating income of $42.8 million and an operating ratio of 92.4 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $38.5 million and an operating ratio of 93.2 percent.
ArcBest’s Asset-Based business reflects the positive impact of an improving marketplace and sequential growth in shipments and tonnage compared to the second quarter. As business levels improved, labor and freight handling resources were added to handle the additional freight in order to sufficiently serve our customers’ needs. Operational costs were managed relative to growing freight levels. The resulting improvement in operational efficiencies, reduction in empty miles and cost decreases contributed to improved profitability. Throughout the quarter, customer shipments were strategically matched with available network capacity, resulting in improved resource utilization and better operational metrics. In a continuing rational industry pricing environment, freight mix changes and reduced fuel surcharges contributed to lower third quarter revenue per hundredweight. However, profitable growth resulted from optimal freight selection and enhanced matching of revenue and costs.

Asset-Light2

Third Quarter 2020 Versus Third Quarter 2019

• Revenue of $267.8 million compared to $253.7 million, a per-day increase of 4.7 percent.
  • Operating income of $5.8 million compared to operating income of $3.6 million.
  • Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (“Adjusted EBITDA”) of $8.6 million compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $6.6 million.

Central States Pension Fund has 55 billion dollars in liabilities. How many centuries of profits would it take ABF to pay their withdraw penalty?

https://arcb.com/about/news-events/press-releases/arcbest-announces-third-quarter-2020-results

• ower fuel surcharges versus prior year. Excluding fuel surcharge, LTL-rated freight experienced a percentage decrease in the low-single digits.
  • Operating income of $36.6 million and an operating ratio of 93.5 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $31.7 million and an operating ratio of 94.4 percent. On a non-GAAP basis, operating income of $42.8 million and an operating ratio of 92.4 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $38.5 million and an operating ratio of 93.2 percent.
ArcBest’s Asset-Based business reflects the positive impact of an improving marketplace and sequential growth in shipments and tonnage compared to the second quarter. As business levels improved, labor and freight handling resources were added to handle the additional freight in order to sufficiently serve our customers’ needs. Operational costs were managed relative to growing freight levels. The resulting improvement in operational efficiencies, reduction in empty miles and cost decreases contributed to improved profitability. Throughout the quarter, customer shipments were strategically matched with available network capacity, resulting in improved resource utilization and better operational metrics. In a continuing rational industry pricing environment, freight mix changes and reduced fuel surcharges contributed to lower third quarter revenue per hundredweight. However, profitable growth resulted from optimal freight selection and enhanced matching of revenue and costs.

Asset-Light2

• Revenue of $267.8 million compared to $253.7 million, a per-day increase of 4.7 percent.
  • Operating income of $5.8 million compared to operating income of $3.6 million.
  • Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (“Adjusted EBITDA”) of $8.6 million compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $6.6 million.
They keep this up we will make bonus pay again.

Central States Pension Fund has 55 billion dollars in liabilities. How many centuries of profits would it take ABF to pay their withdraw penalty?

I don't get you (whoever you are) this is ALL you bring up. I am in Central States and it is really not a concern of mine. I have made other preparations.
Sure I wish I could count on it or be given the money they put in but that's not going to happen.
Why are you so happy to bring up the fact that some people will lose their pension?
Does that get you going? It's a bit strange.
I DO work at ABF and I am happy the numbers look like they do. Maybe we will get that (little) carrot they dangle (bonus)

Bubba Gump get some mental health help your family will appreciate it

I don't get you (whoever you are) this is ALL you bring up. I am in Central States and it is really not a concern of mine. I have made other preparations.
Sure I wish I could count on it or be given the money they put in but that's not going to happen.
Why are you so happy to bring up the fact that some people will lose their pension?
I DO work at ABF and I am happy the numbers look like they do. Maybe we will get that (little) carrot they dangle (bonus)

Definitely a troll.

He's the kind of person that if he won the powerball he would be pissed he had to drive to get it....

Asset-Light2

Funny that my compensation statement came the same day as the third quarter results....

bba Gump get some mental health help your family will appreciate it
[QUO
BuTE="SAC75, post: 1577781, member: 36249"]Definitely a troll.[/QUOTE]
He's the kind of person that if he won the powerball he would be pissed he had to drive to get it....
I was just reminding ABF employees of their billions of dollars in unfunded pension liabilities. Liabilities that could affect ABF's ability to stay in business. I'm a little confused why you don't insist on meaningful pension reform.

Truthfully I would just because I figure I’ll get in a car wreck and die. As my ticket flutters down to the ground a deer eats it and they just figure me as a drug king pin and screw my family over.
I might have over thought this?

Well Bubba....
If ABF goes dark, you’re out of a job too...being that you’re a company schill and all.
I don't work for ABF, I do remind TEAMSTERS, pension reform is essential for union companies survival. If anyone sees DOCKER/NO UNION FOOL or PAPAJOHN tell them I said HEY.

Truthfully I would just because I figure I’ll get in a car wreck and die. As my ticket flutters down to the ground a deer eats it and they just figure me as a drug king pin and screw my family over.
I might have over thought this?
you must be a line haul driver .. plenty of time to dream stuff up