ABF | Operating ration 90.2% Second Quarter 2021

Sumting Wong

TB Lurker
Credits
Asset-Based

Second Quarter 2021 Versus Second Quarter 2020

• Revenue of $652.8 million compared to $460.1 million, a per-day increase of 41.9 percent.
  • Total tonnage per day increase of 22.7 percent, with double-digit percentage increases in both LTL-rated tonnage and TL-rated spot shipment tonnage moving in the Asset-Based network.
  • Total shipments per day increase of 13.5 percent including a 13.7 percent increase in LTL-rated shipments per day and an increase of 10.8 percent in LTL-rated weight per shipment.
  • Total billed revenue per hundredweight increased 15.4 percent and was positively impacted by higher fuel surcharges. Revenue per hundredweight on LTL-rated business, excluding fuel surcharge, improved by a percentage in the mid-single digits.
  • Operating income of $63.9 million and an operating ratio of 90.2 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $21.0 million and an operating ratio of 95.4 percent. On a non-GAAP basis, operating income of $71.4 million and an operating ratio of 89.0 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $25.8 million and an operating ratio of 94.4 percent.

Asset-Based

Second Quarter 2021 Versus Second Quarter 2020

• Revenue of $652.8 million compared to $460.1 million, a per-day increase of 41.9 percent.
  • Total tonnage per day increase of 22.7 percent, with double-digit percentage increases in both LTL-rated tonnage and TL-rated spot shipment tonnage moving in the Asset-Based network.
  • Total shipments per day increase of 13.5 percent including a 13.7 percent increase in LTL-rated shipments per day and an increase of 10.8 percent in LTL-rated weight per shipment.
  • Total billed revenue per hundredweight increased 15.4 percent and was positively impacted by higher fuel surcharges. Revenue per hundredweight on LTL-rated business, excluding fuel surcharge, improved by a percentage in the mid-single digits.
  • Operating income of $63.9 million and an operating ratio of 90.2 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $21.0 million and an operating ratio of 95.4 percent. On a non-GAAP basis, operating income of $71.4 million and an operating ratio of 89.0 percent compared to the prior year quarter operating income of $25.8 million and an operating ratio of 94.4 percent.
For the first two quarters of 2021, our operating ratio is at 92.4. If the operating ratio is 93.0 or better for the calendar year, that is a 3% bonus. Who would have ever thought that was even possible when that was put in the contract?

That’s the cousin that ran off with the safety man. She was always a little simple in the head, but she ‘shore was Purdy. LOL!!!
Kinda like my cousin the highway patrolman.
He said he can't stand truck drivers.
He said every time I hear an air horn, it tears me to pieces.
I asked, why would an air horn be so upsetting?
Well my wife ran off with an ABF driver, every
time I hear an air horn, I'm afraid he's bringing her back.

For the first two quarters of 2021, our operating ratio is at 92.4. If the operating ratio is 93.0 or better for the calendar year, that is a 3% bonus. Who would have ever thought that was even possible when that was put in the contract?
I’ve never seen this place so busy. As a road driver you get your rest off and that’s it. I’ve been told on my exact minute to come back to work for the past two months. It’s crazy! The same for the city guys. All but the top 10 guys have to work overtime. Mandatory!

I’ve never seen this place so busy. As a road driver you get your rest off and that’s it. I’ve been told on my exact minute to come back to work for the past two months. It’s crazy! The same for the city guys. All but the top 10 guys have to work overtime. Mandatory!
They make almost a billion dollars in the 2nd quarter & the propaganda compensation statement shows up the same day….perfect timing Ft.Smith.

Kinda like my cousin the highway patrolman.
He said he can't stand truck drivers.
He said every time I hear an air horn, it tears me to pieces.
I asked, why would an air horn be so upsetting?
Well my wife ran off with an ABF driver, every
time I hear an air horn, I'm afraid he's bringing her back.
I sure hope the safety man brings my cousin back before ABF381 comes back to Arkansas for a visit. He is soooo picky about his women. One little flaw like missing teeth, or a glass eye, and he is ready to go back home. It's a long story, but I told him to never ask her to remove her glass eye, but he did it anyway and it freaked him out. The cousin with the glass eye asked me the other day if ABF381 was ever coming back to visit. I told her that I was sure that he would. She replied, "I'll keep an eye out for him". LOL!!!

I may have met your cousin.
I was having a drink beside a young lady at the bar in Little Rock.
She sneezed and out popped her glass eye.
As luck would have it, I caught it before it hit the floor.
She was embarrassed but grateful and insisted on buying my drink, asked me out to dinner, (I call it supper) she picked up the tab, invited me back to her apartment for one of the wildest nights I can remember.
The next morning, she made a fabulous breakfast.
I asked "why would you do this for me? a perfect stranger"
Well really, you just happened to catch my eye!

Wow a 90.2 O.R. I haven't seen that sense the late 80"s early 90's. Back then it was common to see O.R.'s in the low 90's, I recall once or twice seeing an O.R. in the high 80's.

I hope that in 6 month's I'm reading that your getting a 3% bonus, that will be a WIN-WIN
for everyone involved.

I have to agree with the steward, when they put this article in the contract, I thought it was
a waste of ink on paper. I must say I'm glad I was wrong on this one, cause didn't you get a bonus a year or two ago? Keep up the good work .