FedEx Freight | Optum card

Brennan Huff

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone tried using the Optum card at the online store? I've tried purchasing medicine that I'm eligible for, but my card gets declined at checkout time. I thought we were allowed to use our allowance before we lose it on those items

Last edited:
Are you trying to use the FSA (FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT)? or HRA (HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT)? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only purchase medicine and medical related items from the FSA account. HRA account can I be used for medical co-pays and medical bills.
I think only FSA is for the medicine. I was able to get reimbursed by Optum HRA account for chiropractic services.

Our HR woman told us that optum has an online store of some sort. She was saying that as of Jan 1 2025 you lose any money over $1000 in your HSA. So her recommendation is to spend any extra money in their online store so you don't lose it.

Can optum fsa be used for prescription glasses?
Yes. Including reading glasses and bifocals
You can use it just for frames, but the receipt should say they are for prescription glasses, just to CYA so they won’t give you a hard time….lol

The only time I had to send in documentation to Optum Financial (the card) was occasionally for some pharmacy prescriptions that was filled by……ahem……..OPTUM Rx !!!!!!!! :cuss::scratchhead::wtflol::wtflol:

Last edited: