Holland | our new Image Redo

I wanted to start over with this thread. I think that the image of this tractor shows the problem with the yrcw companies.
When we went through the last mou vote, Mr. Welch said that we were being paid industry AVERAGE wages and benefits . He's right, if you do the math considering we get time and a half and do not pay for our benefits.
The problem is Holland and our and our brother teamster companies used to be ABOVE AVERAGE companies.
There has always been a driver shortage, but not at our companies, because we were not AVERAGE companies we were ABOVE AVERAGE companies, paying ABOVE AVERAGE wages, ABOVE AVERAGE benefits, an ABOVE AVERAGE pension, providing ABOVE AVERAGE service with ABOVE AVERAGE equipment and employees.
Because of this there was always a line of drivers trying to get a job with our companies, you needed 5 years experience, drivers would get that experience at your AVERAGE company then come looking to our companies for a good job, an ABOVE AVERAGE job.
Mr. Welch wants to pay us industry average wages and benefits, provide us with below average equipment.
This formula does not work, it is not the formula that made us once the industry leaders
The old formula is the one that works, the one that provide a proud workforce going above and beyond and looking good doing it.
I would love for Mr. Welch to see this and give us his thoughts, I wonder if he would say as he did after the last vote. "get on board or get out" and then wonder why drivers are quitting.

Fjsh50U.jpg

I wanted to start over with this thread. I think that the image of this tractor shows the problem with the yrcw companies.
When we went through the last mou vote, Mr. Welch said that we were being paid industry AVERAGE wages and benefits . He's right, if you do the math considering we get time and a half and do not pay for our benefits.
The problem is Holland and our and our brother teamster companies used to be ABOVE AVERAGE companies.
There has always been a driver shortage, but not at our companies, because we were not AVERAGE companies we were ABOVE AVERAGE companies, paying ABOVE AVERAGE wages, ABOVE AVERAGE benefits, an ABOVE AVERAGE pension, providing ABOVE AVERAGE service with ABOVE AVERAGE equipment and employees.
Because of this there was always a line of drivers trying to get a job with our companies, you needed 5 years experience, drivers would get that experience at your AVERAGE company then come looking to our companies for a good job, an ABOVE AVERAGE job.
Mr. Welch wants to pay us industry average wages and benefits, provide us with below average equipment.
This formula does not work, it is not the formula that made us once the industry leaders
The old formula is the one that works, the one that provide a proud workforce going above and beyond and looking good doing it.
I would love for Mr. Welch to see this and give us his thoughts, I wonder if he would say as he did after the last vote. "get on board or get out" and then wonder why drivers are quitting.

Fjsh50U.jpg
But you do pay for your benefits,where do you think your 15% beg back is going. Do the math!

below average pay , is why all these new hires are dingbats and why none of the good driver's will apply with us !!!
Its not below average when you look at the bottom line of what you bring home its above average iv worked for average and this place is way above average made 87k last year and only could AVERAGE about 60k a year at southeastern freight lines

Fjsh50U.jpg
I would think him or Ware would be to embarressed to respond!! Like to see them ride around in something that looks as tacky as this crap does!!!

below average pay , is why all these new hires are dingbats and why none of the good driver's will apply with us !!!
And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the equipment is getting beat up by the rookies also. And since the company supposedly doesn't have any money for repairs, you'd think that they'd be smart enough to take care of the veterans and help protect the equipment. Instead, all that they look at is the lower wage that they are paying the "school boys" as though it's actually saving them money.

And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the equipment is getting beat up by the rookies also. And since the company supposedly doesn't have any money for repairs, you'd think that they'd be smart enough to take care of the veterans and help protect the equipment. Instead, all that they look at is the lower wage that they are paying the "school boys" as though it's actually saving them money.
What's your meaning by rookies is a fresh out of school driver or just a driver new to holland period?

Its not below average when you look at the bottom line of what you bring home its above average iv worked for average and this place is way above average made 87k last year and only could AVERAGE about 60k a year at southeastern freight lines
I never said it was a BELOW AVERAGE job. Just because you have the opportunity to work a boat load of hours or miles that doesn't make it above average.

What's your meaning by rookies is a fresh out of school driver or just a driver new to holland period?
Since he said rookies and "school boys" I think he meant, the drivers they are hiring that do not meet the requirements that used to be required.
Its not personal, in the old days you had to have all this experience to het hired as a casual, then while working as a casual if anything happened before you got your letter and passed your 30 days probation, such as an accident, damaged or missed delivered frt. or a customer complaint.
you would be let go. Now you can crash a truck 2 weeks after getting hired and no big deal.

Since he said rookies and "school boys" I think he meant, the drivers they are hiring that do not meet the requirements that used to be required.
Its not personal, in the old days you had to have all this experience to het hired as a casual, then while working as a casual if anything happened before you got your letter and passed your 30 days probation, such as an accident, damaged or missed delivered frt. or a customer complaint.
you would be let go. Now you can crash a truck 2 weeks after getting hired and no big deal.
Understood I took it the wrong way cause I put my time in with truckload and non union freight carriers before I knocked on hollands door hard to get spots down south couple years back

To be sure that there is no confusion on what I consider a "rookie".

A rookie is a newbie with minimal or no real experience.

Just because you're new at a company, doesn't make you a rookie in my eyes. Experience carries over to another company, and that experience can't ever be taken away.

:1036316054:

Thx for the reply flash. You get some guys at different terminals who just depise new hires and my 2 cents have been given to them

That looks like one of those pictures from the trucking boneyard, you know companies that have went belly up.
I have no idea how old that picture is and luckily it DIDN'T come from the trucking boneyard. But since it's obvious that the company is (at least) laying on it's side and not gone belly up, there's still time to right the ship with good leadership.........though it's not likely until they get the anvil (A.K.A. YRCW) from hanging around their neck.

all the guys I have met have been cool, I have only gotten attitudes from TM's so far, and only 1 at that really.

imo, there are 2 types of guys that apply at Holland, guys who couldn't get on a few years ago, like myself, and guys who picked up the card at the truckstop. I have met other guys like myself who worked other jobs, tried applying at NMFA carriers years ago, and didn't get on. I didn't get on because of my age, I applied at Yellow, Roadway, New Penn, Holland, and ABF.

I'm still happy with this job, I would rather be here than at wally world, I hate wearing uniforms so I don't want UPS, and ABF only has 2 road drivers out of Buffalo.

all the guys I have met have been cool, I have only gotten attitudes from TM's so far, and only 1 at that really.

imo, there are 2 types of guys that apply at Holland, guys who couldn't get on a few years ago, like myself, and guys who picked up the card at the truckstop. I have met other guys like myself who worked other jobs, tried applying at NMFA carriers years ago, and didn't get on. I didn't get on because of my age, I applied at Yellow, Roadway, New Penn, Holland, and ABF.

I'm still happy with this job, I would rather be here than at wally world, I hate wearing uniforms so I don't want UPS, and ABF only has 2 road drivers out of Buffalo.
Majority of them senior guys extend there hand just a select few frown upon new hires
I was in the same boat as you bill my age and high school driving habits hurt me thank god I'm maturity kicked in