Estes | Over-board line-haul position questions...

BR-DRIVER

TB Lurker
Credits
I had an interview already and I am in the final process to be hired for an over-board line-haul position. Is there any driver from ESTES here that could help me understand how much money average (weekly) I can make in this position? They are offering me 0.45 cpm, 5 days out, 2 in. I'm working right now, and I'm afraid that I will make less money going this way, but they keep saying that I will make " a lot money", I'm a 18 years veteran, and I heard and saw (almost) everything in this business, and I don't want to jump in a bad ship. Help guys... Thank you in advance!

they say 5 out and two in, but if you are out friday and they have no freight to send you home, then you go where the freight goes.yes you can make some money, probably what you make where you are now. you will sleep in nasty bunk houses with no tv. some are so small you cant open the door without hitting the bed. most are in the same area as the dock and office so you dont sleep well. most motels are crack houses are ***** houses, estes isnt spending much for you to be comfortable.they will give you enough on the bone to keep you coming back for more.it isnt the best place to work, but i guess it isnt the worst.

I had an interview already and I am in the final process to be hired for an over-board line-haul position. Is there any driver from ESTES here that could help me understand how much money average (weekly) I can make in this position? They are offering me 0.45 cpm, 5 days out, 2 in. I'm working right now, and I'm afraid that I will make less money going this way, but they keep saying that I will make " a lot money", I'm a 18 years veteran, and I heard and saw (almost) everything in this business, and I don't want to jump in a bad ship. Help guys... Thank you in advance!
It's extraboard, lol..you should see an increase every 6 months.. As far as I'm concerned, it don't get no better. look at some other threads

Ya know what, donut?? If I had it as bad as you do, I would go elsewhere. You obviously have a problem with the way things are around here. You know the rules, just like everybody else.
The truth is...the money is very good on the extra board, most of the bunk rooms are OK, and the hotels are fine too.
I will hit 80,000 ++ this year and I go home on Friday night.
They have never made me stay out or go elsewhere because of lack of freight. If I'm ready to go home, they will send me empty if need be.
Just quit spreading lies and hate about your job.
If you hate it that bad, LEAVE!! It's better for everybody.
Just sayin.

Littledawg, what's the true about this job? I'm making 60k + now, but I need better benefits and more money, do you think I would be able to make there? I just want to know where I'm stepping in..

ha ha yeah right.be in dallas on friday night and theres no freight going to your terminal and see if you go home. and as far as the motels not being bad i sure would like to see what you think is bad.

They don't know yet if the starting day will be Monday night or Sunday night. Do you work there Flyingby? Any input about the position?

If I were 30 years younger,that's where I'd be...Make the green while you can.....I did...And I don't regret it a bit...The family has to understand though, it's Monday night to Saturday morning...Dad will be gone...

If I were 30 years younger,that's where I'd be...Make the green while you can.....I did...And I don't regret it a bit...The family has to understand though, it's Monday night to Saturday morning...Dad will be gone...

I think he wants to stay where he's at. He was quick to hold on to the negative advice and run with it

the moneys here if you want it thats for sure im xtra board out monday night back saturday morning looking like 80 g this year also theres plenty of us who have good things to say about the company only very few that complain good luck with your decision

If I can make near to 80k, i would deal with the negative side of the job, since every company have a bad side. Thank you for the input.

If I can make near to 80k, i would deal with the negative side of the job, since every company have a bad side. Thank you for the input.

You probably won't make that your first year..But by the time you top out,or possibly before, you will...I've had to start over 2 times in this business,3 if you count the O/O stint. One with Red Ball Motor Freight, which went outta business and another, which I decided that one...I won't go into details, because it irrelevant..But it will be a starting over point in your life, but you have to weigh the odds and see if it's worth it...There's negative about everything in this business, if you have been in it long enough, you know this coming in...I like it here..I like the people I work with..I get along with everyone here..Yeah, you're gonna have people get under your skin, but get your hooks and get outta there and you won't have to deal with those people...But, good luck on your decision,and I hope you make the right call...