Central Transport | Pallet Jack, do you have one?

crash935

TB Lurker
Credits
Before i left Pjax, we had almost enough pallet jacks so that almost everyone one could have one every day. About a year ago, they even went so far as to buy 6 new ones for the straight trucks and liftgate trailers. Recently, drivers have been telling me that they dont have enough pallent jacks and have to go to dispatch with their bills and show that they need a pallet jack for the day before someone will unlock one for the driver.

So, some of the drivers up here want to know what is going on in other terminals with pallet jacks. Do you have one every day, are there enough for all of your drivers, do they fix or replace trashed ones or have yoou been forced to buy your own.

If you dont get one for the day, are you asking customers to move freight around on your trailer if dispatch adds pickups while still doing deliveries or do you just block the frieght in and say to heck with it?

Vitran

When I was at Vitran in Fontana, CA (LAX) I was never able to get a pallet jack nor were the other 10 drivers that were starting at the 1000 and 1100am shift. This lasted about 3 months(the entire time I worked there). :thumbsdown: