FedEx Freight | Pallet Jacks (City Driver)

Glock76

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know why we don’t have the option to buy our own pallet jacks like other LTLs…for sake Southeastern and R+L have a company paid (electric) pallet Jack program where they take $20 dollars a check until paid off… Fedex too cheap for that but just the option to buy your own would be nice…the reason is I just counted tonight we have 38 pallet jacks and 50 drivers in the city tomorrow. I’m 0930 guy and it’s hard to get a Jack especially when needing one for a lift gate. Our barn says can only buy 5 a month but yet there is no accountability for our jacks. Drivers will leave them at customers and the barn won’t let us lock a Jack up. So what are my options. Just bring the Frieght back when I’m 2 hrs away from yard and stop delivering? This is been a ongoing issue and leadership just says we will order more later but this doesn’t stop the lazy drivers from leaving them at customers there for us not having any…

Does anyone know why we don’t have the option to buy our own pallet jacks like other LTLs…for sake Southeastern and R+L have a company paid (electric) pallet Jack program where they take $20 dollars a check until paid off… Fedex too cheap for that but just the option to buy your own would be nice…the reason is I just counted tonight we have 38 pallet jacks and 50 drivers in the city tomorrow. I’m 0930 guy and it’s hard to get a Jack especially when needing one for a lift gate. Our barn says can only buy 5 a month but yet there is no accountability for our jacks. Drivers will leave them at customers and the barn won’t let us lock a Jack up. So what are my options. Just bring the Frieght back when I’m 2 hrs away from yard and stop delivering? This is been a ongoing issue and leadership just says we will order more later but this doesn’t stop the lazy drivers from leaving them at customers there for us not having any…
Why stress yourself over this issue? That's a management problem to solve. If you don't have a jack to use just attempt the delivery and then bring it back. Put managerial issues back on management. If there's no tractor for you to use are you expected to go rent one for yourself?

Why stress yourself over this issue? That's a management problem to solve. If you don't have a jack to use just attempt the delivery and then bring it back. Put managerial issues back on management. If there's no tractor for you to use are you expected to go rent one for yourself?
If he used his bonus to buy a jack, is it considered tax deferrable?? Just thought of that while taking lunch….. :17142:

So you want to buy your own, but only if you can make payments to the company? There is nothing stopping you from buying your own.

We have the option to lock ours up with company supplied locks, drivers who care keep em locked up the lazy ones never take there's off trailer at night and grab what ever they can find the next day. They are assigned but no one keep up with it.

No jack? No unloading.

Turn around drive straight back to your yard. Tell Management, no jack no unloading safely. Until they buy a jack you cannot work without getting hurt etc.

Be Severe. This is strictly business. Management will not get off their 1000 silk count suited asses to spend a dollar on jacks until they are buried in Trailers needing to be delivered all over the area like a western tumbleweed burying a town in the spring time.

We had a couple of drivers who used to work for R&L bring their own pallet jacks in to use. After a few months they were told they had to take them home per company policy. We had a driver ask if he could buy his own 2 wheeler since he could never find a decent one to use. Our TM said you can buy your own, but if it stays at the terminal then anyone will be able to use it.

You could ask them to lay off 12 drivers. :lmao: :lmao:

If I had to buy one, it wouldn't be an electric. I've been knocked off the liftgate with that thing b/c the touchy throttle. But I do sympathize with not having ANY jack available, I was a 09:00 guy for a while. Even if there ARE some left over, they're the ones nobody else wants to use.

No jack? No unloading.

Turn around drive straight back to your yard. Tell Management, no jack no unloading safely. Until they buy a jack you cannot work without getting hurt etc.

Be Severe. This is strictly business. Management will not get off their 1000 silk count suited asses to spend a dollar on jacks until they are buried in Trailers needing to be delivered all over the area like a western tumbleweed burying a town in the spring time.
Working for an (at will) employer, that may go over like a turd in the punch bowl.