TForce | Pay scale CDL versus non-CDL

Hi, I have a question does T force have a different pay scale for full-time CDL versus non-CDL
If you are hired as a dock only, you get 80% of top pay , which will be 26 per hour. If you have a CDL and work the dock there is a . 60 cent difference (only if it is a dock bid) . City drivers are paid top rate when working the dock.
There aren't many 80% jobs that I know of(those were made when casuals work 8 hrs over a certain amount of time )because a CDL holder is a more valuable asset.

Last edited:
If you are hired as a dock only, you get 80% of top pay , which will be 26 per hour. If you have a CDL and work the dock there is a . 60 cent difference (only if it is a dock bid) . City drivers are paid top rate when working the dock.
There aren't many 80% jobs that I know of(those were made when casuals work 8 hrs over a certain amount of time )because a CDL holder is a more valuable asset.
at hrs 129 theres 80-100 guys at 80% on the dock board.
At the hubs they hire straight dock quite a bit.

Were they converted positions? The 80% clause has only been in place for the past 5 years. So all these positions are newer hires?

It's been in longer than 5 years.and no they weren't converted.
Hired off the street as full time non cdl dock workers
Or in the case of SOH there are guys that are 80% and have been here since before the union. Once the union came in SOH made it so the only way you could get full time was with a CDL. They went on like a 7-8 year full time hiring freeze for the dock