ODFL | Pay Scale Question

Yes drmike...the teams are paid by gps miles which are pretty much on the money by our route guides at 54.3 cents a mile...

Yes drmike...the teams are paid by gps miles which are pretty much on the money by our route guides at 54.3 cents a mile...

Not here to start anything, but at Con-Way (LTL) teams are paid .697 CPM. Those are the Freightliners (with sleepers) you'll see running doubles...Not to be confused with Con-Way Truckload, different division of CNW and paid much less (then again, they don't do any loading or unloading).

could be a mistake?

I don't know where you got those figures from, but according to the guys I called at Conway in Kernersville,N.C. and I know quite a few of them, and my region manger came from Conway, says those figures are more than likely some mistake..There is NO company in LTL anywhere paying that kind of scale..I would suggest that you get real proof and facts of this statement...cause to be frank with you, I'm laughing at anyone that would say such a thing...I do know alot about Conway and it's a great company, and I know about the truckload carrier part also, and I'm sure you have be given a mistake on the pay milage. Also I'm not comparing with anyone..I just answer the question that drmike ask me about milage on teams at OD. Also I check the Union Carriers and they are only at .56 for teams, so I feel like you need more research...thanks for the interest....shifter...:biglaugh:

2 and 2 equals 5

Take your gps miles and your route guide miles and compare them to how many miles you are really driving .Are you driving 10 miles free ? 20, 30 ? If you run wild how many miles do you eat a week,month,year ? If you think 54.3 is top ,you need to have a more inquiring mind.Son,I been around.

Take your gps miles and your route guide miles and compare them to how many miles you are really driving .Are you driving 10 miles free ? 20, 30 ? If you run wild how many miles do you eat a week,month,year ? If you think 54.3 is top ,you need to have a more inquiring mind.Son,I been around.

Ya got that right JIM That few extra miles can make a difference.

Yeah, that's right jimmy bob. By the way, how many gps miles did you average a night driving around the yard as a "trucker wannabe" in your company issued F-150?

that con-way rate is split between the two drivers. also, not all terminals have the teams. last year when i worked for them our team run got cut. the still run that sleeper truck, but it's used for solo runs.

aint this a OD room ?

if you refer back to page one of this thread, i was clearifying backin'herup's post about the con-way pay rate, and the following post that said that no ltl drivers make that much. just trying to be helpful, sorry to enter your sacred halls.

if you refer back to page one of this thread, i was clearifying backin'herup's post about the con-way pay rate, and the following post that said that no ltl drivers make that much. just trying to be helpful, sorry to enter your sacred halls.
Don't worry too much about it, he's a FXer,lol.

FM