Central Transport | pay

things seemed ok to me, at least nobody is going to give up any hourly, and the extra personal days and paid holidays softened the blow for the added insurance cost. The only question I had left was on OT, right now were getting it @45, while vitran is at 40, that wasnt addressed in the video, anyone know anything about what there going to do about that?

...The only question I had left was on OT, right now were getting it @45, while vitran is at 40, that wasnt addressed in the video, anyone know anything about what there going to do about that?

dont know what video you watched but at vitran was plain as day that we are going to a 45 hour work week. my question is the guys that arent topped out what about them? pjax drivers make considerbly more across the board than vitran drivers. when intergrated what happens to the guys that have the same amount of time in at both companies? for myself the video told me nothing! again run around bs!

we saw a different vidio than you . we saw the pjax vidio and you saw the vitran vidio . our vidio had our pjax head honcho talking to us

also pjax video said insurance cost going up, while vitran insurance cost going down. was told that vitran drivers going to get an indivdual print out on what they will be making each year per individual. also heard that after the print outs that discussing pay between the drivers are grounds for termination. doesnt sound much like a pay scale based on years but on merit? also if your topped out now then you get an extra .25 on the hour, but if you top out after august 4th then your always going to make .25 less than your counter parts.

I didnt hear anything abut print outs or that discussing pay between the drivers are grounds for termination. I don't see how they can enforce that.

But you are correct in that if you have less than 4 years in you will not top out with the drivers at top rate. As I said if your not at top rate then you get really screwed.

Easy, if some one hears you talking to a fellow driver about your pay, you can be fired. It happens all the time.

i should've hired on at pjax instead of vitran lil over a year ago, they will be making more money than us still!!! oh and i love that they told pjax that insurance was going up, but they told vitran that ours is going down. and they would absorb the cost! lol absorbing nothing making pjax drivers pay the difference!!!!!!! heard they also informed pjax drivers that if your spouse was offered insurance from her company then manditory for her to take it?!? heard nothing about that in our video!

vitran is taking things slow.other companys that tried quick intergration failed like viking and conway was close to going under for a few.taking profitable companies with different s.o.p. pay scales,health ins etc and to put them al the same over night might not be a good thing. in time 2 or 3 years you wil see the corporate offices of chris pjax and s west close and pay and bennys will be more structured . it took about 6years during the quast overland merger

vitran is taking things slow.other companys that tried quick intergration failed like viking and conway was close to going under for a few.taking profitable companies with different s.o.p. pay scales,health ins etc and to put them al the same over night might not be a good thing. in time 2 or 3 years you wil see the corporate offices of chris pjax and s west close and pay and bennys will be more structured . it took about 6years during the quast overland merger

you sound more like a boss than a driver :hide:

also pjax video said insurance cost going up, while vitran insurance cost going down. was told that vitran drivers going to get an indivdual print out on what they will be making each year per individual. also heard that after the print outs that discussing pay between the drivers are grounds for termination. doesnt sound much like a pay scale based on years but on merit? also if your topped out now then you get an extra .25 on the hour, but if you top out after august 4th then your always going to make .25 less than your counter parts.

oh god gonna fire me for asking someone about pay, i would love to see that bull crap print out cause there is no way they would put poopy like that on paper:hide::hide::hysterical:

I am new to the forum and to the company. Do you get paid extra to pull doubles? I am supposed to be city P&D, but they say I could occasionally pull doubles...They being the two other new guys.......:shrug:

SO, does this mean you have found Employment. I assume so ...Congrats and good luck......:clap:

SO, does this mean you have found Employment. I assume so ...Congrats and good luck......:clap:

Yes, ls57, FINALLY!!!! Thank you for the well wishes....I start Wednesday.:clap:

I've not done ltl before, but have done p&d and plenty of city driving. I would rather be driving in Greensboro, NC (because my 8-year old is there) but beggars can't be choosers!