Pension Call Blitz 2021!

mail

URGENT TO SHARE
Attention All Pension Warriors,
A few weeks back, we talked about the All in and Done in ‘21 Drive. At that time, we talked about how important it is to get everyone involved so we can get it done in 2021. Well, the time has come. This could be our best and last chance at finding a pension solution that keeps 100% of our earned pension intact.
As we notified you yesterday, Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee Richard Neal announced that the Ways and Means Committee would consider multiple legislative proposals under the budget reconciliation instructions this week as the next step in delivering Covid-19 relief to the American people. One of the proposals, Subtitle H ‘Budget Reconciliation Legislative Recommendations Relating to Pensions’, includes the multiemployer pension crisis. We have heard the pension language in the BLEPPRA may be brought up for discussion Thursday or Friday. Again, NO TIME TO WASTE!
Beginning tomorrow, and every day until this happens, we need for you and all other retirees and family members to STAND UP and make your calls. Call your fellow retirees that do not have internet and give them this information!
All you have to do is follow the instructions below:

WHO TO CALL:
  1. Call your Senators from your State, regardless if they are Democrat or Republican and ask them to sign on and sponsor the Butch Lewis Emergency Pension Plan Relief Act 0f 2021 (BLEPPRA)
Call Your Senator — (833) 738-0064
  1. Call the Republican members of the Ways and Means Committee- names and numbers shown below, and ask them to include Section H. Budget Reconciliation Legislative Recommendations Relating to Pensions in the current economic relief bill.

TALKING POINTS - THIS IS A LOT OF - USE A DIFFERENT POINT EVERY DAY
  • Multiemployer Pension Plan relief for essential workers is critical
  • The protection of the participants’ hard earned benefits without cuts is critical. Retirees are only asking for what they earned.
  • The COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis has put the lives of most Americans in a downward spiral. It is important to remember that while Americans are rightfully concerned about their paychecks, the pension check of the retirees is their paycheck. In most cases, retirees cannot return to work and do not get a cost of living increase to their pension check to offset the astronomical rate in the increase in the cost of goods and services
  • Many retirees support their families and communities. With the unemployment rate at a record high, what will happen to the economy if the main source of income to retirees is reduced or eliminated. The individual communities and the US economy will never survive such a hit.
  • Over 60% of our retirees are Veterans. When our Country needed these young men and women, they defended and stood up for our Country. Now that they are older, why is our Country not standing up for them?
  • How does a pension solution get paid for? If some argue that it is the taxpayer bailing out the pension funds, it is important to remember that all 10.4 million Americans that could be impacted if the multiemployer pension system fails are all taxpayers. When big business, Wall Street, the auto industry, the airline and travel industry and the farmers continually get bailed out, these 10.4 million Americans/taxpayers pay for it. And yet when we are fighting for our lives, we aren’t considered to be taxpayers. The double standard of who and when you are a taxpayer is immoral and unamerican.

• Repealing all or part of the unjust MPRA is crucial because it permits plans to apply cuts to hard earned benefits through no fault of the participants or beneficiaries.
  • Restoration of benefit cuts to those already impacted by MPRA is critical.
  • The cost of doing nothing will greatly outway the cost of doing something if we don’t act now! Kicking the can down the road is becoming too costly. 8 years ago, when we began our pension fight, it was estimated that it would have cost 5-6 billion dollars to fix it, now the cost has increased to $60 billion.
  • The NUCPP has worked with all stakeholders including employers big and small. We are concerned about the pensions for active workers as well as retirees. We understand that active workers, most of whom are essential workers, are earning their pensions through their hard work, just like we did.
  • The NUCPP has worked in a bipartisan manner during the 8+ years we’ve been fighting for what is rightfully ours. We have worked across party lines and it is time that both parties reach across that line for the retirees. The time has come for NO MORE EXCUSES. THE TIME IS NOW TO GET THIS PENSION CRISIS FIXED.

Ways and Means Republican OfficesPhone
Rep. Jodey Arrington (R-TX-19)(202) 225-4005
Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX-8)(202) 225-4901
Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL-16)(202) 225-5015
Rep. Ron Estes (R-KS-4)(202) 225-6216
Rep. Drew Ferguson (R-GA-3)(202) 225-5901
Rep. Kevin Hern (R-OK-1)(202) 225-2211
Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA-16)(202) 225-5406
Rep. Darin LaHood (R-IL-18)(202) 225-6201
Rep. Carol Miller (R-WV-3)(202) 225-3452
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA-22)(202) 225-2523
Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY-23)(202) 225-3161
Rep. Tom Rice (R-SC-7)(202) 225-9895
Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ-6)(202) 225-2190
Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE-3)(202) 225-6435
Rep. Jason Smith (R-MO-8)(202) 225-4404
Rep. Lloyd Smucker (R-PA-11)(202) 225-2411
Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN-2)(202) 225-3915
Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH-2)(202) 225-3164

Pension Warriors, we can’t stress enough how important it is for you to start calling tomorrow morning and every day after.

Thank you and Stay Safe

NUCPP Board of Directors
Dana Vargo
NUCPP Secretary
:6799::usa:

I also learned it would have only cost 5 to 6 billion dollars to fix CSPF if the REPUBLICANS didn't block it. If BIDEN/BAMA would have given HOFFA JR TARP money in 2009, CSPF could have been fixed with pocket change.

I really find it offensive that DEMOCRATS attack SENATOR PORTMAN as being a lackey of Wall St. When the DEMOCRATS, BIDEN/BAMA prevented FEDEX EXPRESS from being UNIONIZED.

Damn Bubba Gump...where do you get your information from?? NUCCP has not been around for 8 years. It was formed in 2015 to mobilize Teamsters Retirees to fight for Pension cuts. Teamsters Retirees from around the country (ME included) rallied against CSPF at a yearly meeting in Chicago 2015, and the rest was history....did you show up? Stop posting misinformation and let those who have been busting their asses and going to Washington DC to lobby to save ALL Teamsters pensions get it done for you.

Damn Bubba Gump...where do you get your information from?? NUCCP has not been around for 8 years. It was formed in 2015 to mobilize Teamsters Retirees to fight for Pension cuts. Teamsters Retirees from around the country (ME included) rallied against CSPF at a yearly meeting in Chicago 2015, and the rest was history....did you show up? Stop posting misinformation and let those who have been busting their asses and going to Washington DC to lobby to save ALL Teamsters pensions get it done for you.
8+ years is in the last paragraph, before the names and phone numbers of the EVIL REPUBLICANS. NUCPP wrote it, I assume it is true.

8+ years is in the last paragraph, before the names and phone numbers of the EVIL REPUBLICANS. NUCPP wrote it, I assume it is true.
Groups of Teamster retirees have been fighting pension problems for over 8+ years and formed the group NUCPP around 2015 to pull everyone together under one group to lobby in Washington, DC. Unless you have been living under a rock since early 2000, our Pensions have been discussed MANY times.....How come all of a sudden you seem enlightened?

I also learned it would have only cost 5 to 6 billion dollars to fix CSPF if the REPUBLICANS didn't block it. If BIDEN/BAMA would have given HOFFA JR TARP money in 2009, CSPF could have been fixed with pocket change.
Here you go....maybe this will help you get back up to speed in what's going on and you can learn something... see link below.

Unless you have been living under a rock since early 2000, our Pensions have been discussed MANY times.....How come all of a sudden you seem enlightened?
I've been in the fight since the UPS strike of 1997. I guess I'm one of the few people who actually read what the issues were about. One thing I've learned from the pension warriors, ignorance is bliss.

Groups of Teamster retirees have been fighting pension problems for over 8+ years and formed the group NUCPP around 2015 to pull everyone together under one group to lobby in Washington, DC. Unless you have been living under a rock since early 2000, our Pensions have been discussed MANY times.....How come all of a sudden you seem enlightened?
Early 2000 is it. Do you really want me to dig up statements saying we never saw this coming. I'd cut my losses if I was you. Stick with the 2008,9 great recession and Wall St. bankers. You should have just said 8+ years was just a typo.

Once you put taxpayers on the hook for pension promises, it becomes the sky's the limit. Just like the student loan program fueled exorbitant spending by universities.
It all goes back to CSPF being put into trusteesship by President Reagan in the early 80's without checks and balances. The taxpayer is not being put on the hook for it. Imagine if retirees no longer had their pensions and the economy took a $130B a year loss of spending? Th e government is to blame....and the government will fix. That is what NUCPP has been lobbying for.