Pension Call Blitz 2021!

Th e government is to blame...
It seems you think the government is to blame for the demise of CSPF. Whom is to blame for the demise of: Western PA Teamsters, New York state Teamsters, 805, 707, 701, 469 Teamsters pension funds.

2nd Question, why is the Western States pension fund in so much better shape? What did they do different?

It seems you think the government is to blame for the demise of CSPF. Whom is to blame for the demise of: Western PA Teamsters, New York state Teamsters, 805, 707, 701, 469 Teamsters pension funds.

2nd Question, why is the Western States pension fund in so much better shape? What did they do different?

Probably didn't offer 25 and out.

It all goes back to CSPF being put into trusteesship by President Reagan in the early 80's without checks and balances. The taxpayer is not being put on the hook for it. Imagine if retirees no longer had their pensions and the economy took a $130B a year loss of spending? Th e government is to blame....and the government will fix. That is what NUCPP has been lobbying for.

This had more to do with it than anything Reagan did.

central-states-graph-2010475.md.jpg

This had more to do with it than anything Reagan did.

central-states-graph-2010475.md.jpg
Absolutely correct, Pensions are nothing more than Ponzi Schemes.
As long as there are more people putting $$$$ into the plan than there are taking $$$ out of the plan, it works.
Once that formula switches, the pension is on the way to ruin.
The teamsters sat and watched the membership in LTL dwindle to almost zero, then demand taxpayers funs the pension because of their failure.
Of course I did not mention how the teamsters allowed YRC to only fund at 25%
Yet some folks blame Ronald Reagan??? Psychologists call that projection...

If this gets passed I'm putting myself on the 5 year plan. Mortgaging the house, emptying my 401k and maxing out my credit cards. Might as well have a long party while a dollar is still worth something. I'm sure under Democrat rule we will all get a government check every month and a rationing book, can't wait to get my soylent green every Thursday!!!!!