FedEx Freight | People First

glenn

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone been chosen to go to Atlanta to represent their customer center in the people first confrence? We have a city driver that was randomly chosen to represent us in atl sometime in Oct.

people first is a joke we were told at my center people first is to represent the group not just one person but at the same time an issue had come about witch about 20 drivers had a problem with certain things that had been going on and we were all told to bad. people first is in place so fedex can say you don't need a union you have people first.i am not starting a union debate i am just posting my opinion on people first so please keep your union pros and cons to your self.:ranting2:

Yea people first is a joke it sure is not the employees i think if fedex doesn't do something about some of their managers they are going to have a big problem in the near future. We had a driver's father that had emergency heart surgery he called our ccm to see if he could be off the next day and he told him he would check the calendar to see how many people he had off. What a joke they don't care about our families just the numbers to make themselves look good.

glenn, i wonder if we are in the same region because i know people at 5 other centers and they say they have been really moving mgrs around we just got a new scm and an ops guy. ops guy was here 3 weeks and got canned major developments going on.:robot:

Glen, I don't work for FRT but when it comes to family, thats first If my boss doesn't like it I will deal with it after the family is squared away. I know people have alot to lose when it come to a job that they have invested years on but that guy would get up and leave his desk if it was his family. That just my way it may not be others.

We have a driver here that drives a very long distance just to get to work. He NEVER complains, does everything asked of him and keeps coming back for more.

His wife was having surgery, he asked for a day off so he could be with her (who wouldn't????) and was denied.

He's so close to just quitting over it. Here's the clincher. His wife makes about as much as he does, and getting rid of his commute and getting some sort of job near home for him would be money in the bank.

I'm not talking Union, but perhaps the people at the top should start paying attention to the calls to HR.

This is a west guy by the way. This board seems to be mostly East, so I thought I should make the distinction.

I guess a jerk is a jerk it doesn't matter if he works for east or west and our ccm is a jerk. He was off today he takes off when he pleases and i assure you his family comes before fedex does.

Yes alot of people at my customercenter are ready to call the hill because they are giving long roadruns to city drivers and shorter runs to extraboard roaddrivers. It is getting alot of drivers blood boiling.

Importance

Our "boss" was off today also. And, I can assure you, he must have been having a limb lopped off to make him miss work.

The last response here was that their "leader's" family took precendence over his work life.

Good for him! If you think you "need" your boss to be there, he/she has not done their job.

The less I see of the manager, the better.

diamondmask said:
His wife makes about as much as he does, and getting rid of his commute and getting some sort of job near home for him would be money in the bank.

I have a issue myself right now and I am feeling the same right now after 11 years with the co. myself. My wife can cary our health ins for about the same money and I'm thinking do I want to keep my CDL even , I just about had it.

diamondmask said:
We have a driver here that drives a very long distance just to get to work. He NEVER complains, does everything asked of him and keeps coming back for more.

His wife was having surgery, he asked for a day off so he could be with her (who wouldn't????) and was denied.

He's so close to just quitting over it. Here's the clincher. His wife makes about as much as he does, and getting rid of his commute and getting some sort of job near home for him would be money in the bank.

I'm not talking Union, but perhaps the people at the top should start paying attention to the calls to HR.

This is a west guy by the way. This board seems to be mostly East, so I thought I should make the distinction.
He should have filed for FMLA, it's a national law, would have covered his situation. FAMILY 1st.

Guys we got B.S. every place we work at,ive had my problems with managment,which i wont get into since FDX has taken over its a whole different ballgame,ive noticed all say about the last 10 month's we the driver's are getting less respect,im not quitting and ill do whats asked of me,i might like it or agree with it but guy;s it boils down too this im the provider of the household and i love driving and the company knows the situation most of us are in.

I have an issue with management at my barn. It seems like the rules change to the benefit of management. Does anybody actually know the rules or is the handbook just a guideline.Anytime you ask a question you donot get a genuine answer.You get talking points babble.The management here could care less about you. All they worry about is how to manipulate the numbers. They are arrogant and phoney.If this is PEOPLE FIRST. Who exactly are the people. Our guys put there numbers and bonus checks first. I am sorry to be negative but this IS how I see our place.I love my job and, I am paid well. I do not want to leave I want the company to be better.If you call the hill or file you WILL pay a price. It happens everytime.So my question is how to change the situation? Or do I forget my loyalty to this company and start considering it as a JOB and nothing else. I am actually proud of who I work for but, this situation troubles me. Sorry I went so long.

Up here in Upstate NY, when we get those nights where you've been delayed for an hour or 2, then get a VIA, and don't get back to the barn until 10am, we call THAT the The Purple Promise, or being a victim of the people first policy. Does anyone know how many of the 6 business principles are utilized?
I think it some aspects Sheridan would not be happy. I'll never leave, as I love my job, but first you have to realize that FDX cares more about it's image more than anything. As a tennis player once said "IMAGE IS EVERYTHING". Once you accept that, it's all good, just roll with it.

Retaliation is pretty standard , :nutkick:
say something is wrong and get punished for weeks.

diamondmask said:
Our "boss" was off today also. And, I can assure you, he must have been having a limb lopped off to make him miss work.

The last response here was that their "leader's" family took precendence over his work life.

Good for him! If you think you "need" your boss to be there, he/she has not done their job.

The less I see of the manager, the better.
Well our ccm was either playing golf or fishing we can do our job without him but he gets paid to work x number of hours. He has been there over 2 years i have never known him to show up for work 5 days in a row.

Good Grief!! You guys seems to be "REALLY" unhappy. There are several ways to tell the brass what's bugging you. This people first thing is FedEx's way of approaching these problems. You should all participate in the Gallop Survey for staters, the company puts tons of weight on those results. I've seen FedEx make a few expensive changes to make good on concerns expressed from the field. Some of you seem more interested in what your SCM's doing, than what your doing. It's not Rocket Science, it's Trucking.

On a personal note; If you stick your hand in a bucket of water, pull it out real quick, and see how fast it's replaced.