FedEx Freight | Phoenix,AZ.,A business owner is angry that Fedex Frt,is welching on damage.

Hard to tell what's going on in that video and impossible to see what the accident details were. Without a police report he's prolly SOL.

I had a guy hit me in my personal vehicle and didn't call police because there were no injuries and both vehicles were driveable, was told to walk in a report. Turns out the guy sued me because he was losing his business (literally next door to my insurance agent) and was in serious debt, his version of the accident was much different and I had to pay my own deductible to get my truck fixed.

roog

[quote author=Rattlesnake link=topic=81453.msg840595#msg840595 date=1277544560]
How did clipping the left fender put " cracks in the frame" ?
[/quote]

Their is no way that a left side clip cracked the frame. This dude is just looking to scam FedEx into paying for a new truck to replace one that was already junk. Seeing the name and thinking money.
When you look at the marks it would appear the truck was turning left into our truck. Was this a four lane, one-way street or maybe this guy was slowing to turn left but did not signal and our guy moved over to make a legal pass and he turned into us?
I like the part about we move the recyclables out as fast as we can but this is my only truck. And we had to close the gates a couple of days. Laying it on as thick as he can.
The media is just being used, just like FedEx.
No matter how small the incident is or what anyone says always call the police and have them investigate.

I don't get how our truck passed him on the left when he was in the left turn lane getting ready to turn left. Did our truck go into the oncoming lanes or was he turning left from the right lane? Something isn't adding up

[quote author=Jinx40 link=topic=81453.msg840606#msg840606 date=1277552433]
[quote author=Rattlesnake link=topic=81453.msg840595#msg840595 date=1277544560]
How did clipping the left fender put " cracks in the frame" ?
[/quote]

Their is no way that a left side clip cracked the frame. This dude is just looking to scam FedEx into paying for a new truck to replace one that was already junk. Seeing the name and thinking money.
When you look at the marks it would appear the truck was turning left into our truck. Was this a four lane, one-way street or maybe this guy was slowing to turn left but did not signal and our guy moved over to make a legal pass and he turned into us?
I like the part about we move the recyclables out as fast as we can but this is my only truck. And we had to close the gates a couple of days. Laying it on as thick as he can.
The media is just being used, just like FedEx.
No matter how small the incident is or what anyone says always call the police and have them investigate.
[/quote]

Jinx..Well said, who say's this guy did'nt purposly pull into the FDX truck, just sayin. I was'nt there.

We had a driver who was almost arrested for a hit and run that never happened. He was going down the street and this POS vehicle was sitting in front of a house by the curb. He went by it and the guy came out of the house chasing him down. The guy called the cops said he hit his car. No damage was done go our truck or trailer but the cop took the other guys side. Luckly someone cutting grass came over and said that he didn't hit the car. They also had it on video from a buissness across the street but the cop was refusing to look at it until his boss came and made him. Our driver still had to fill out an accident report with fed ex and got a chargeable for it. The assistant manager even tried to help him fight it but still lost.

I also think this junkman is trying to scam Fedex.
Seeing I was a city driver for 45 years I saw stuff like this once in a while.
I was in a hurry so I just posted the story here after I found it on the net.

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=81453.msg840656#msg840656 date=1277564620]
We had a driver who was almost arrested for a hit and run that never happened. He was going down the street and this POS vehicle was sitting in front of a house by the curb. He went by it and the guy came out of the house chasing him down. The guy called the cops said he hit his car. No damage was done go our truck or trailer but the cop took the other guys side. Luckly someone cutting grass came over and said that he didn't hit the car. They also had it on video from a buissness across the street but the cop was refusing to look at it until his boss came and made him. Our driver still had to fill out an accident report with fed ex and got a chargeable for it. The assistant manager even tried to help him fight it but still lost.
[/quote]

There's a shock!!!

[quote author=Apostolic link=topic=81453.msg840690#msg840690 date=1277569084]
I also think this junkman is trying to scam Fedex.
Seeing I was a city driver for 45 years I saw stuff like this once in a while.
I was in a hurry so I just posted the story here after I found it on the net.
[/quote]

Apostolic,
Thanks for the post. This is a good topic and may help others to know what to look for before the scam begins.

Had a little time to kill, So thanks to the world wide web and the phone # off the junk yard dogs truck I got this.

South Side Recyclers 3663 West Lower Buckeye Road, Phoenix, AZ. AKA. B & N Salvage.

Now according to the news report Junk yard dog was in the left turn lane turning left into his business. As our truck pasted him on the left and clipped his truck. Confirmed by the footage caught by his own security cams.

Only one problem, West Lower Buckeye has no left turn lanes in front of his junk yard. Its just a two way two lane street.
( Google street view )
Kinda changes things.

Now the only question I have is did the lights work on the rear of Junk yard dogs well maintained truck to warn approaching drivers or his intentions. Doubt it.

Junk yard dogs recycled slide bed tow truck? Maybe cracks from overloading it. Maybe one of those people that can't turn left without pulling to the right first? Why only the very end of the fender and not the whole left side?

In Cleveland, We had a driver sitting on the street at a traffic light and someone drove into the front end of his truck trying to enter a gas station..This was witnessed by a police officer who was sitting behind the fedex truck at the light and saw the enire thing happen. The driver of the car was cited and the police officer let the driver know he was available if there were any questions or concerns from the company....Our driver was not cited at all as he should not have been..After further review, you guessed it...our driver was hit with a chargeable accident judged by a safety person (female) who had never ever been in a truck before....This safety person is no longer with the company, but after 2 or three appeals the accident is still on him and he recently served a 3 day suspension in directly from this still lingering..They wouldnt even contact the cop...Guilty For what? .Question.... why would we put a person who has never driven, let alone never been in a truck in a position to judge accidents?...This still bothers me to this day....It could be any one of us next.... ..This should be tossed from this drivers record...Its total BS..