ODFL | physical ability test

You are going against databases (Plural) that now has all of your life down to the last pill going back 30 years you have ever been prescribed.

See, Obama in 2007 forced my doctor to empty his chart room which was I think a 25 year clinic with 12000 people. ALL of those folders, papers in them, charts, orders, results all of it went into the computer.

That took 7 months. It took a shredder truck about a day and half to get it all empty gone. Poof.

Room was repurposed for new computer servers with bigger internet.

The patients left. I was one of those.

My folder? 4 inches thick. Poof. All that ::shit:: is in the databses now.

Had surgery for a non OJI umbilical hernia. I'm LTL almost 61 doing the work that kids half my age won't try most of the time.

But I've been sitting for 6 weeks. Everything is stiff. I'm going back on Monday. And all I know is I have to take a physical. And things have to be submitted to safety. Or corporate.

My ATM is not very forthcoming with information.

So I don't know what I'm in for. Any ideas?
It used to be a series of weight lifts, but they aren't always consistent with who has to do them for reinstatement. It seems if it was an OTJ injury you had to do the ability test. I had shoulder surgery several years ago that wasn't a Work related injury, and I simply had to retake my DOT physical, another driver got a knee replacement and didn't have to do the ability test as well

It used to be a series of weight lifts, but they aren't always consistent with who has to do them for reinstatement. It seems if it was an OTJ injury you had to do the ability test. I had shoulder surgery several years ago that wasn't a Work related injury, and I simply had to retake my DOT physical, another driver got a knee replacement and didn't have to do the ability test as well
In the back of my mind I was hoping that that might be the difference. Surgery as opposed to OJI.

But that form had a lot if things about hooking up. Moving dollies. And throwing chains. All reasonable. Then something about moving or carrying 100 lb 1 foot or up to 100 feet. If I had to move 100 lb I wouldn't carry it. I would use a handtruck or pallet jack. Let the wheels do the work.

So I was a little freaked out about lifting 100 lb over my head apparently. đź«