R&L | Pick one LTL to work for

jaguar95

TB Lurker
Credits
I am wondering. If you could work for any LTL. Who would you want to work for?

For me I would go back to AAA Cooper Ded Div.

If FEDEX wouldn't have bought them I would still be at Watkins

ABF,but I may be bias. I have to say they treat you like a person,good pay,ot after8,full paid medical,pension. Go in do your job and they are more than grateful.What else can you ask for driving a truck.

I had a chance to work for Overnite before UPS purchased them but turned them down and went to work for USF Holland instead. Now, the Holland barn that I was working at closes. Damn, I would of had it made by now. Bad decision on my part.

Hey shadow,is fedex really that bad? I mean I hear stories from driver just curious why you would leave.

Too much expected of the drivers for too little hrs.I just was going home angry every evening.Strangely though now we are going through similar things now with R+L.The only difference is I'm 3rd senior driver now instead of 8th.That and its 6 yrs later.

I would have wound up with the same company anyhow. I interviewed with Roadway but was too young to hire. Two years later I went to work for Yellow. Those couple of years made a big difference in seniority now.

I would be right here at R&L,but it would be the R&L that I first came to work for. The push to grow has taken away the soul of this company. This was a very special place-a family,now we are just part of the corporate jungle. I will stay here as long as I can to see if senior wakes up and sees what is happenig to the company that he built. If he let's it continue this will be just like any of the other trucking corporations. It will be only a matter of time before the unions come in and the company goes public or is sold off. It is a shame to sit and watch a mans legacy get ran into the ground,but he's alive and is sitting on the sidelines.

I would still be at G.O.D. had they not gone under. Tried to expand west and it killed the company. They treated us great, paid great, and had good benefits. They let us take whatever time off we wanted, with or without pay. And I actually got home to have dinner with my family a few times a week. That hasn't happened here in about three years. Just put the whip to you and tell you to get it done!

looks like we were blind when we applied at R&L but there is light on the other side of the tunnel and the light looks like its not beaming down on an R&L sign but other LTL carriers. other drivers and other departments from the other forums say business is picking up, paying ot after 8 hours, stable 401k,2 weeks vacation on the first year,5 sick days, 3 personal days.......dont know about u my fellow co workers, but sounds like a good deal to me than what we getting, prob from the cancer cell zimmerman.

so keep searching on all the online classifieds, we will all find it,hopefully ill get my answer soon .......if zimmerman and his possy wanna pocket from all the cuts we taking, let them do all the deliveries and maintanance themselves...........

I would still be at G.O.D. had they not gone under. Tried to expand west and it killed the company. They treated us great, paid great, and had good benefits. They let us take whatever time off we wanted, with or without pay. And I actually got home to have dinner with my family a few times a week. That hasn't happened here in about three years. Just put the whip to you and tell you to get it done!

i used to work at g.o.d. in the early 90's. still have freinds from that company. i drive now but i was in management then and i still believe that they had a lot of good ideas. walter was just crazy and did a lot of things without thinking them through.

ABF,but I may be bias. I have to say they treat you like a person,good pay,ot after8,full paid medical,pension. Go in do your job and they are more than grateful.What else can you ask for driving a truck.

is it abf a union company ?????

well there is your answer !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am wondering. If you could work for any LTL. Who would you want to work for?

For me I would go back to AAA Cooper Ded Div.

I dont know what state you are from but I believe R L is the worst company out there that pays less for miles conpare to the rest

I find out that some of the guys that got lay offs some of them were called back for less pay .......same run for alot less money ......

Las Vegas NV

I dont know what state you are from but I believe R L is the worst company out there that pays less for miles conpare to the rest

I find out that some of the guys that got lay offs some of them were called back for less pay .......same run for alot less money ......

That's where I work. I am from Phila PA. I worked in Jacksonville FL for AAA Cooper before moving to Las Vegas. I have a problem with R+L about OT. But then AAA Cooper did not pay OT. I ran DED L/H for them and was paid Hourly not by the mile. We were under a scale due to the Contract of the DED account.I will tell you we made more then some of the reg L/H drivers at AAA Cooper. $20.64 is more that most in Vegas make. Should we be paid more. Sure! But would I want to work for any of the others in Vegas? No. Because I do not like down loading freight. I am very happy with all are trailers having Lift gates. I have so many lift gate stops. That I hate to thing what my day would be like if I had no Lift Gate. But if AAA Cooper was in Vegas I would be first in line to sign on. Maybe I like Blue and driving a Volvo LOL.

I work there also,were I learned have to drive sets/LH driver for them.Worked the dock all dock night long Ice cold,sometimes snow on dock,was fun there sometimes.One night they stop us for an meeting on the dock about how we load,open a empty trl,pops out 3 GO,GO girls, At the time they hire me with 4 months exp.