Pictures and Videos

Waylon was often controversial. He confronted the Nashville recording establishment & won. He was one of the 'Outlaws'. He was also a songwriter. For those who may not know, he played in Buddy Holly's band. He was scheduled to fly on the plane that crashed & killed Buddy, Richie Valens & 'The Big Bopper Richardson, who was sick & wanted to get some rest before the next performance. Waylon gave up his seat on the plane to Richardson & the rest is history.
Waylon's songs were not always traditional country. Revelation is an example as was 'Rose in Paradise'. I could see the Texas influence in his music. He also side stepped the country style with his recording of 'MacArthur's Park'. He passed away years ago from complications with diabetes.
Some say he had 'Survivor's Guilt' much like a soldier who survived but lost a friend in battle.

Last edited:
Waylon was often controversial. He confronted the Nashville recording establishment & won. He was one of the 'Outlaws'. He was also a songwriter. For those who may not know, he played in Buddy Holly's band. He was scheduled to fly on the plane that crashed & killed Buddy, Richie Valens & 'The Big Bopper Richardson, who was sick & wanted to get some rest before the next performance. Waylon gave up his seat on the plane to Richardson & the rest is history.
Waylon's songs were not always traditional country. Revelation is an example as was 'Rose in Paradise'. I could see the Texas influence in his music. He also side stepped the country style with his recording of 'MacArthur's Park'. He passed away years ago from complications with diabetes.
I've also heard that for years, I saw an interview with another band member, he said this was untrue, that he was the one scheduled to fly and not Waylon.
I can't recall the guy's name and have not researched this.
BTW he wrote (Bob Wills is Still the King) on a short plane trip.

The original 'Motown' groups were true musicians. What you heard was their voices not some machine. I remember 'Smoke Gets in Your Eyes' & how all their voices harmonized.
I grew up in the suburbs of Motown back in the fifties and sixties. Back then one of my favorite late afternoon shows was Robin Seymour Swingin'Time. I don't know what show this video is from but Martha & The Vandellas performed on Swingin'Time, many times.

Last edited:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/woma...g-company-raises-thousands-in-gofundme-report

Not a video, just a short story of another INCREDIBLY STUPID PERSON.
She also wanted to sue the manufacturer because, like the bike rider decades back that sat on the Seat Post without a seat and incurred an injury, the Manufacturer "failed to state everything for which this product is not to be used"!

So STUPID PEOPLE doing STUPID ACTS are not responsible for their STUPIDITY!?!

Last edited:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/woma...g-company-raises-thousands-in-gofundme-report

Not a video, just a short story of another INCREDIBLY STUPID PERSON.
She also wanted to sue the manufacturer because, like the bike rider decades back that sat on the Seat Post without a seat and incurred an injury, the Manufacturer "failed to state everything for which this product is not to be used"!

So STUPID PEOPLE doing STUPID ACTS are not responsible for their STUPIDITY!?!
It is amazing to me how many people will take their money & donate it to idiots. There is an old saying here in the hills that "A fool & his money will soon part".