Estes | Pilot Program For 62 MPH Trucks

No meet man. You gotta know how to work the clock. You got 1 mile before it forces you to driving. I pull over .9 miles from the terminal and go on duty. Pull into the drive and go off duty. Go on duty before I leave and drive .9 and then go to driving manually. That saves me about 4 minutes.

Zip lock bags work better than Gatorade bottles. I do stop once for coffee and once for breakfast though. Once again, you got 1 mile... On duty when you hit the off ramp, driving when you hit the on ramp.

I swapped with a guy Friday night and he ran out of time. Maybe I shouldn't do that too much...

Your nuts Brother!!!!!!!!! my 480 and 4x4 is every night and I'm going back to days! Again...your nuts Brother!!!!!!!!

No meet man. You gotta know how to work the clock. You got 1 mile before it forces you to driving. I pull over .9 miles from the terminal and go on duty. Pull into the drive and go off duty. Go on duty before I leave and drive .9 and then go to driving manually. That saves me about 4 minutes.

Zip lock bags work better than Gatorade bottles. I do stop once for coffee and once for breakfast though. Once again, you got 1 mile... On duty when you hit the off ramp, driving when you hit the on ramp.

I swapped with a guy Friday night and he ran out of time. Maybe I shouldn't do that too much...

Believe me, if it gets back to the hill, the run will be looked at and want to know how you do it.. Remember, the PN has a GPS and it knows how far you roll on the On Duty line...I got tired of fudging, that's the reason I'm on my tater run..

i just want to know why they volenteered. the last time i volenteered i lost 4 years to the marines. if this is true then there about as smart as box of rocks.

i just want to know why they volenteered. the last time i volenteered i lost 4 years to the marines. if this is true then there about as smart as box of rocks.

I'm dissapointed you feel that way about my beloved Corp. Unless you got the Big chicken dinner you should have gained something

We run 64 normally, but have trucks that are also turned up to 68 and 70 for our long runs. I get the same fuel economy in a hot truck as I do in a normal one.

Ive blown the doors off 3 odfl drivers one night. Then on the turn, 2 of them passed me like i was sittin still. And now i know why on I-70 the other day a estes truck looked like it was sight seeing. Good luck estes, i hope they dont slow u all down.

Now you'll be down there with Con-Way. The management idiots turned all ours down to 62 mph about 6 years ago. It's been proven by drivers numerous times that we are using MORE fuel than we were before. You think that means anything to the pin-heads? Hell no...

I'm dissapointed you feel that way about my beloved Corp. Unless you got the Big chicken dinner you should have gained something

nope. no bcd here. honorable here. i love my beloved corps.but everytime i was "asked" to do something stupid like this sounds,it never benefited us. just the higher ups that never did the work. when i made nco, it never changed. thats why i got out but i regrete it now. would have been retired with34 years now. man time flyes

nope. no bcd here. honorable here. i love my beloved corps.but everytime i was "asked" to do something stupid like this sounds,it never benefited us. just the higher ups that never did the work. when i made nco, it never changed. thats why i got out but i regrete it now. would have been retired with34 years now. man time flyes
military pay sucked when I was in there. I remember thinking, "I'd be better off making minimum wage and retiring at McDonalds"

Last edited by a moderator:
military pay sucked when I was in there. I remember thinking, "I'd be better off making minimum wage and retiring at McDonalds"

Remember Dew, when it was not the pay, but the benefits? Ya know, like the Phoenix VA Hospital and the GI Bill.........

It's all an uncle Sam GI bend over party. It does give us veterans something to tell lies about at the Waffle House though.

It's all an uncle Sam GI bend over party. It does give us veterans something to tell lies about at the Waffle House though.

its about whos in the whitehouse. he never served but benefited from us who did. just listen to him speak. its about him.

Coming from Crete, I got use to 62 mph. As a matter of fact, I drove 59mph most of the time. And I did get passed a whole lot.

I developed a new way of driving: I had to slow down a mph or 3, let another slow truck go, wait til I was out of their wake, then bump it back up. I wore out the resume button on my steering wheel after 300k miles.

But, the good part of it was, I could drive for many miles without stopping. I would see the same speeding trucks pass me multiple times. ;)

Idk if the speed limit of 62 ever made a fuel difference, but Crete also turns their engines down on power(and it is definitely felt), and got mostly 7mpg+ with a big detroit.

With an mty, on flat land, I could get up to 10mpg.

So not sure if it was just the cascadia aero or a combo of it all.

its about whos in the whitehouse. he never served but benefited from us who did. just listen to him speak. its about him.

Now comon' shifty, it's an "Oblahblah Party" zone these days man.... Smokin' smack, tokin' weed and stealin' money... It's party time baby...

Coming from Crete, I got use to 62 mph. As a matter of fact, I drove 59mph most of the time. And I did get passed a whole lot.

I developed a new way of driving: I had to slow down a mph or 3, let another slow truck go, wait til I was out of their wake, then bump it back up. I wore out the resume button on my steering wheel after 300k miles.

But, the good part of it was, I could drive for many miles without stopping. I would see the same speeding trucks pass me multiple times. ;)

Idk if the speed limit of 62 ever made a fuel difference, but Crete also turns their engines down on power(and it is definitely felt), and got mostly 7mpg+ with a big detroit.

With an mty, on flat land, I could get up to 10mpg.

So not sure if it was just the cascadia aero or a combo of it all.

we have small engines with 40000 between two pups. they have us now on a slim time margin and they already castrated the engines to the point there female. if they do this, its going to throw there times off big time because ill slow to 55 and really be a road hazard. i just dont like spending more time on the same run and not getting paid more.