FedEx Freight | Points system

Sounds like they're suing for violating FMLA laws, if I'm reading it right.

Walmart's attendance policy used to be way more strict than what they currently have. When I worked there they used a step system. I don't remember the exact details, but it went something like miss 2 days you're at a step 1, miss another day you're at a step 3 etc. Step 4 was termination. Calling off on black out days (before, after holidays) counted as double.The kicker was that every call out locked everything behind it. You had to come in for 6 months straight to get a clean slate.

Visitor as well. Our policy allows an extra two weeks (by day) vacation per year. I’m finally going to utilize this “hidden” benefit. At the end of the day, your honor, how are we unable to hold employees accountable to the handbook they received & signed for at the beginning of their employment? Additionally, if it pleases your honor, the government mandates FMLA. I sincerely apologize for the slackers too busy posting inflammatory rhetoric vs filing paperwork for valid exceptions to our attendance policy.

Last edited:
Ever notice these companies put your naughts up on a board with points and can point out everything they think you come up short on, but never can give you a compliment if you do a good job.

Ever notice these companies put your naughts up on a board with points and can point out everything they think you come up short on, but never can give you a compliment if you do a good job.
You mean like headways? They fuss at EVERYONE about the 10% of drivers that get them, but never praise the drivers that haven't got any!

Driver ask them about that in a meeting, and the ASM said I'm not going to praise you for doing your job.. He said fine! Then don't Bi#$h at me about someone else not doing their's!

You mean like headways? They fuss at EVERYONE about the 10% of drivers that get them, but never praise the drivers that haven't got any!

Driver ask them about that in a meeting, and the ASM said I'm not going to praise you for doing your job.. He said fine! Then don't Bi#$h at me about someone else not doing their's!
Perhaps the best point of the week! :clapping:

that depends on who you are and what day of the week it is as too what rules apply to you
Averitt had that goofy points system when I was there. It depended on who was dealing the points.
I always looked at it as if you called out you got a point, but they should give you a point when they ask you to stay home and you do.

A few years ago, I was too sick to go to work. I called out and I got hit with points. I protested citing FMSCA laws. It was a back and forth for a few days and I got safety involved. Management removed the points and safety medically disqualified me. I had to go get a new physical and they had to notate that my illness no longer impeded my ability to drive in the notes box. What should've been 2 days off no pay with no point, turned into 5 days off no pay and no points.

A few years ago, I was too sick to go to work. I called out and I got hit with points. I protested citing FMSCA laws. It was a back and forth for a few days and I got safety involved. Management removed the points and safety medically disqualified me. I had to go get a new physical and they had to notate that my illness no longer impeded my ability to drive in the notes box. What should've been 2 days off no pay with no point, turned into 5 days off no pay and no points.
FedEx TM using his rock head is the bottom line here.

FedEx TM using his rock head is the bottom line here.

It was just a waste of time. The doctor came in the room and she's like "you just got a 2 year card 6 months, why are you back?" I explained it to her and she says "that's stupid, I'll just give you another one." I asked her to fill in the notes section and she did. I was in and out of there in under 30 minutes.

Well played Lad ...
Stupid TM Syndrome
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Well played Lad ...
Stupid TM Syndrome
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF
I would say it’s more vindictive than stupid… how dare you not just knuckle under and take their punishment. How dare you be sick and inconvenience them! Con-way was the same way. You could call in with more than 2 hours notice (minimum required) and return with a doctor’s note, but if more than their allotted number of drivers were off for the day, it was declared an unexcused absence and an attendance point assessed.

I would say it’s more vindictive than stupid… how dare you not just knuckle under and take their punishment. How dare you be sick and inconvenience them! Con-way was the same way. You could call in with more than 2 hours notice (minimum required) and return with a doctor’s note, but if more than their allotted number of drivers were off for the day, it was declared an unexcused absence and an attendance point assessed.

They picked the right one that day. I was ready to get FMLA for the 2 days I was out. My doctor would have no problem filling them out. I can be petty too.