Yellow | Positive Sign, well, at least it isn't bad news!

Hope & pray for the best but be prepared for the worst. They are selling off everything to stay in Business then lease the terminals & equipment back. Will have to pay for something they already owned the banks can't lose only us Teamsters. They will bleed every drop of blood YRCW has so no money will be left for the workers. I wonder how much the interest rate will be if they refinance the note that is due by Feb 16. Aslo Roadway lost Home depot as of Feb 16. For the guys who give a fairs day work for a fairs day pay. I think we should thank the top brass middle management & the guys who only show up to send talk,text messages & play Dominoes for bringing a good company down. Oh forgot the lazy drivers who milk the clock take all day to deliver 10 stops & bring back 3.

This is no great revelation, but the problem with the internet is that it allows for a bunch of numbnuts who know jacksh** the opportunity to log on and provide a whole lot of inaccurate information. A perfect example is this jerkoff calling himself Roadway exec. He says YRC has fired Zollars and sold New Penn to UPS. I knew this was crap from the getgo. Why would they sell such a valuable asset? This whole forum is full of these kind of clowns who love to spread a bunch of lies. It is completely counterproductive. As was stated during the conference call, they have to spent a lot of valuable time dealing with all this misinformation. And it only causes a lot of consternation for YRC employees who read these boards. You are still here, there are changes being made to make you more competitive, so ignore all this fodder and just go do your jobs. Now I know some of you have been laid off, including my son, so things aren't pretty for you. But for everyone else, just do your jobs and help improve things at YRC so that these people can be recalled. And I know that there are some people who work at YRC who come on here and trash everything, but I really believe most of the dirt is spread by outsiders who want to sabotage the company and your jobs. So you just have to ignore them. They have closed this place down about one hundred times in the last year, and you are still here.

From a FedEx guy here that is good news to hear. Theres alot of us FedEx guys who ..unlike our company.. dont want to see YRCW go out of business. To alot of us its not about saving our butts by taking your freight in this tough economic time...its about everyone being able to feed their families. Hang in there guys...its a long road ahead for all of us in the industry but ya gotta have hope in all things good.:smilie_132:

This is no great revelation, but the problem with the internet is that it allows for a bunch of numbnuts who know jacksh** the opportunity to log on and provide a whole lot of inaccurate information. A perfect example is this jerkoff calling himself Roadway exec. He says YRC has fired Zollars and sold New Penn to UPS. I knew this was crap from the getgo. Why would they sell such a valuable asset? This whole forum is full of these kind of clowns who love to spread a bunch of lies. It is completely counterproductive. As was stated during the conference call, they have to spent a lot of valuable time dealing with all this misinformation. And it only causes a lot of consternation for YRC employees who read these boards. You are still here, there are changes being made to make you more competitive, so ignore all this fodder and just go do your jobs. Now I know some of you have been laid off, including my son, so things aren't pretty for you. But for everyone else, just do your jobs and help improve things at YRC so that these people can be recalled. And I know that there are some people who work at YRC who come on here and trash everything, but I really believe most of the dirt is spread by outsiders who want to sabotage the company and your jobs. So you just have to ignore them. They have closed this place down about one hundred times in the last year, and you are still here.

Thanks buddy.

Hope & pray for the best but be prepared for the worst. They are selling off everything to stay in Business then lease the terminals & equipment back. Will have to pay for something they already owned the banks can't lose only us Teamsters. They will bleed every drop of blood YRCW has so no money will be left for the workers. I wonder how much the interest rate will be if they refinance the note that is due by Feb 16. Aslo Roadway lost Home depot as of Feb 16. For the guys who give a fairs day work for a fairs day pay. I think we should thank the top brass middle management & the guys who only show up to send talk,text messages & play Dominoes for bringing a good company down. Oh forgot the lazy drivers who milk the clock take all day to deliver 10 stops & bring back 3.
Good post.

From a FedEx guy here that is good news to hear. Theres alot of us FedEx guys who ..unlike our company.. dont want to see YRCW go out of business. To alot of us its not about saving our butts by taking your freight in this tough economic time...its about everyone being able to feed their families. Hang in there guys...its a long road ahead for all of us in the industry but ya gotta have hope in all things good.:smilie_132:

Thank you, It's nice to see and good to know that there are others thinking and caring. There should be more of this in this world!!

Amen Larry! I hear ya and agree. Thanks :smilie_132:

Thanx Larry, GREAT POST

Not to be a downer but at the rate YRC has been blowing through millions this money might not be around that long.

The money is not here now, But will-power to stay ALIVE is. Thanx for the post (life goes on) and if we survive this, we will still be out there trying to get you guys and girls to come aboard and join us. We are your friends, neighbors,relatives,and of all else your brothers and sisters. Peace to you and yours. BTW if it fails the beer is on you.

I am with you also Ranger From FDX also.Not a driver just a grease monkey.You know during these times it is about feeding our families.If you look real hard you have folks in higher places who seem to travel from company to company spreading their brand of management all around.When I see a set of pups on the road anybodys I want to know that the equipment is safe for the driver and my family and others as we pass.No corners cut because some book smart peion wants to cut repaires on trucks to boost the bottom dollar.We are all just a number anymore.God bless all the workers in this industry the folks in the trenches who get the freight by sharing a smile and a joke with the customers.We didn't create this slack economy our leaders did the book smart geeks.Just like the CEO'S of theses companys who try to run them without any idea of what is going on.

I am with you also Ranger From FDX also.Not a driver just a grease monkey.You know during these times it is about feeding our families.If you look real hard you have folks in higher places who seem to travel from company to company spreading their brand of management all around.When I see a set of pups on the road anybodys I want to know that the equipment is safe for the driver and my family and others as we pass.No corners cut because some book smart peion wants to cut repaires on trucks to boost the bottom dollar.We are all just a number anymore.God bless all the workers in this industry the folks in the trenches who get the freight by sharing a smile and a joke with the customers.We didn't create this slack economy our leaders did the book smart geeks.Just like the CEO'S of theses companys who try to run them without any idea of what is going on.
Okay, Thanx for you concern, but all we need right now is beer money,BTW it's your turn to buy. PEACE we are all just working People trying to make a living.

Maybe they will take that money and buy some Enron stock, or buy another trucking company in some third world nation. Stupid move after stupid move.

Maybe they will take that money and buy some Enron stock, or buy another trucking company in some third world nation. Stupid move after stupid move.

Where might you be working at? You seem kind of negative on the money thing. It' party time (weekend) for some. Monday we can beat each other up again, give it a break, enjoy the Super-Bowl.:popcorn:

Yes I know I get a little negative when it comes to the idiots that manage Yellow. I am on layoff since Dec 2, and they laid off 4 more today in Seattle. They even tried to call me in for outbound tonight. I haven't worked since a week ago Tuesday (1 day that week). I just passed a drug screen for another union shop out here and I go in for the drive test tomorrow. Union hiring companies are hard to come by these days.

Yes I know I get a little negative when it comes to the idiots that manage Yellow. I am on layoff since Dec 2, and they laid off 4 more today in Seattle. They even tried to call me in for outbound tonight. I haven't worked since a week ago Tuesday (1 day that week). I just passed a drug screen for another union shop out here and I go in for the drive test tomorrow. Union hiring companies are hard to come by these days.

Okay, Sorry about your situation, I myself am hanging on by a tread, Times are bad, all companys are hurting at this time. I admit I do not know what the answer is to all of these current problems. This job has been good for the last 20 years, but the future is confusing to me at this moment. Good Luck 2U

I really hope yrc can figure it out at stick around. I have worked for abf for 9 years and just got layed off. Times are bad. But we need all of our union brothers and sisters for the future. With out us we will all be making $15 top scale.