XPO | Positive vs Negative

greatestdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
I worked for conway some years ago, I got out right before the pension was frozen. My opinion having been a former worker and knowing many current ones has been formed out of that experience. The economy is not great but we'll make it through this like all other crisis situations the US has faced before.

The question I have is what do you current employees think of some of the major changes with conway's management. I would like to know some views on changes conway has made that's good for the employee or changes that's not good for the employee over the past 10 years.

PRO'S

CON'S

With the latest tactic of going with older trucks taking the farthest linhaul runs, it's seems to me of a CON that has a list that makes the PRO's seem mindless(I can't think of any). With UPS going union and the free choice act gaining strength it seems the citizens of the US really want some positive reinforcement of their job's. Think about this, I don't think there's any states where you are entitled to a lunch. Conway say's your too take it between the 4th & 6th hour but I know there's many times while working on the dock early on where the FOS/TM said were too busy and then you can watch them hit the office and gorge down on food.

This should be interesting.

:hide:
PRO: In twenty plus years, I have never been shorted on my pay, and have never had a paycheck bounce! :smilie_132:

1st. Whatever changes they made (prior to Friday) everyone still had a job, got a check, benefits, 401k, Bonus... sounds to me like they already have done a lot for the employees.
Remember... they came to Con-way looking for a job.
A company owes no one anything except what they get.
From time to time, adjustments need to be made in keeping with the times.
Health care... if we didn't have to pay for the people who don't have it, then companies wouldn't have to adjust the benefits package.

Just venting... sorry :TR10driving03:

1st. Whatever changes they made (prior to Friday) everyone still had a job, got a check, benefits, 401k, Bonus... sounds to me like they already have done a lot for the employees.
Remember... they came to Con-way looking for a job.
A company owes no one anything except what they get.
From time to time, adjustments need to be made in keeping with the times.
Health care... if we didn't have to pay for the people who don't have it, then companies wouldn't have to adjust the benefits package.

Just venting... sorry :TR10driving03:

It's unfortunate...that you had to waste your time with this post, because there are many that are just sure it was all supposed to be handed to them after they did us the favor of offering their expert services to us...
I believe the correct term is "primadonna"...But don't anger them now, because if any of them quit, we're done...

It's unfortunate...that you had to waste your time with this post, because there are many that are just sure it was all supposed to be handed to them after they did us the favor of offering their expert services to us...
I believe the correct term is "primadonna"...But don't anger them now, because if any of them quit, we're done...

Was it a good point though?