XPO | ppo's replaces 10 day sickday with 5 days

brutus61

TB Lurker
Credits
yes all of you ccx and cse drivers out thier come around in january you will see change to your 10 days of sick gone out th:hysterical: e window watch and see , they conway will replace this with 5 pto days and offer you the options days at discounted price, Wanna how i know this i called Corporate today and was told this by someone , its a coming and if i am wrong then sorry , and if iam wrong then it shows you that corporate LIED TO ME , which might be the case, but i doubt it, with all of the complaing going on on the board about the BiG MEETINGS, etc and how you here change is coming well the change is that as what is stated above, they will keep our penision plan the same , or boost it somewhat, why to keep the UNION out thats why , :smillie_flag: have a good day drivers and remember to drive defensivley ,

Rule violation

brutus61 said:
yes all of you ccx and cse drivers out thier come around in january you will see change to your 10 days of sick gone out th:hysterical: e window watch and see , they conway will replace this with 5 pto days and offer you the options days at discounted price, Wanna how i know this i called Corporate today and was told this by someone , its a coming and if i am wrong then sorry , and if iam wrong then it shows you that corporate LIED TO ME , which might be the case, but i doubt it, with all of the complaing going on on the board about the BiG MEETINGS, etc and how you here change is coming well the change is that as what is stated above, they will keep our penision plan the same , or boost it somewhat, why to keep the UNION out thats why , :smillie_flag: have a good day drivers and remember to drive defensivley ,

mmmm hmmm.....I'm sure "corporate" is going to tell you about the specifics of a meeting that they have been VERY hush hush about. 2 words for ya..... DUMB ***

I have been told that southern would not go to it . because . southern as a company only avg 3 sick days per person they would lose by giving 5 pto's .

ledbelly said:
I have been told that southern would not go to it . because . southern as a company only avg 3 sick days per person they would lose by giving 5 pto's .
3 sick and 2 personal days= 5paid days off
HOW WOULS THEY LOSE?

They have talked about doing this for the last three years. It will most likley come down the pipe line one day, but I doubt to see it happen that soon.

Savedbygrace, do you actually work for a living? Very, very difficult to beleive, I must say. Of course if a TM of F.o.S. documents days off as a convinience day or you as a dedicated conway employee volunteers to take off unpaid well that explains the bad math or should I say new math.

yes i work do you ? with 5ptos and 2 option days

1tdriver said:
Savedbygrace, do you actually work for a living? Very, very difficult to beleive, I must say. Of course if a TM of F.o.S. documents days off as a convinience day or you as a dedicated conway employee volunteers to take off unpaid well that explains the bad math or should I say new math.
we work very hard here at usa terminal and we dont take days off unpaid , even if we are deditcated employees , the only way you get unpaid is if you use up all of your pto's and option days, like wise they go by work load, and who is off :Banane01:

1tdriver said:
Your not being very nice.:wounded1:

Savedbygrace said:
I think it's a great idea!
I have only used 2 sick days in 10.5 years:bananapowerslide:
I like you have used very few sick day over the the years that I have been here.Let say something happens,you fall out of a tree or by some strange chance you get knocked on your can by a bad flu.Its nice to know you had them to fall on.Next by loosing seven days you are taking a pay cut.Just look at the pie chart they put up about your total pay package.Part of it is 10 days sick and 2PFH,s.A cut is a cut.You our on your way to being a part of my kool-aid drinker club.Welcome aboard.

RoadRage76 said:
Ahemm...free health care trumps sick days.

Well, it looks free. Lets compare tax bills at the end of the year. I assure you we do pay for it, dearly. It's just not a big hit in the pocket for a broken arm, or a heart attack, or a kid falling off a bike. We have something up here that goes with our free health care that you don't have. It's called 'wait times'. Like my poor uncle waiting 20 months now for hip surgery because it's not 'serious enough'. Now his other hip is going because he favors the one that's not serious. It is a benefit, but not what it's all cracked up to be. And, yeah, what Night Tripper said, Canuckistan = zero sick days. :hissyfit:

ok guys riddle me this. lets say you are working fac in the middle of febuary the wind is blowing out of the north its 28 degrees outside with the windchill @ 10 below. and you catch pnueomonia and your in hospital for a week, then later on in the year you have your wedding anniversery or your son or daughter made the lead in the school play or your son is starting quarterback for his high school football team.? will you still be able to get off to enjoy your life after you spent WHOLE week in the hospital trying to stay alive . my point is this WHAT IF you use those days not by choice but because you were dying .will conway still let you have off to enjoy the fner things in your life??

well the way i see it is if its pto time then they cant say no just like sick days.so what happens when we get 12 inches of snow and 10 out of 14 line haulers call and say 8 hrs pto then what will they do?some say it will never happen but just for sh t and giggles it does then what?

mplsmoline said:
well the way i see it is if its pto time then they cant say no just like sick days.so what happens when we get 12 inches of snow and 10 out of 14 line haulers call and say 8 hrs pto then what will they do?some say it will never happen but just for sh t and giggles it does then what?
Give me a break, they do not let everyone have the week of July 4th of for vacation wo they? They will keep a tight reign on how many guys they let off so if you really need it off you will still need to call in sick.

i know im just saying that pto is just that pto they cant make you bid them like floaters.so if you say i want 8 hrs pto and so does 9 other guys then what.they seem to think that when they try to screw us that we are to dumb to think of ways to do it back to them.they cant see past the end of the nose on their face when they have it so far in the air.and are to damn stupid to see it comming.

Out here in the west we already have the 5 pto's But can't afford to take a days off. But the good thing is if you dont use them they pay you for the pto's at the begining of the year and you get a new set of PtO 's

ppo

well the word out of xgo even at last weeks yes seminar, no sick days and 5 pto days. personal -time- off. claim the board of directors has the final say.

i herd 5 ptos
pension stopped
401k different but requires more employee pay in to get a match. more senior employees get a better match.
after you get 3 wks you can split a week into individual days.
no extra kick in
no word on layoffs yet but with decreased biz look out bottom guyz