XPO | Premium Carrier

Is Xpo still considered a premium carrier ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
Is Xpo still considered a premium carrier?
No.
XPO eliminated the "Conway Brand" that customers loved and paid a premium for their superior service to the competition. Conway did regional freight better than anyone in the LTL market. XPO has killed the Conway culture in 5 years. Conway used to do 60,000 shipments a day before XPO bought them. Q2 Report from XPO shows daily bill count at 45,600/day.
XPO's Brand now is similar to Yellow and Roadway circa 1995 with the emphasis on themselves and giving mediocre service to customers focused and XPO focus is long-haul freight.

No.
XPO eliminated the "Conway Brand" that customers loved and paid a premium for their superior service to the competition. Conway did regional freight better than anyone in the LTL market. XPO has killed the Conway culture in 5 years. Conway used to do 60,000 shipments a day before XPO bought them. Q2 Report from XPO shows daily bill count at 45,600/day.
XPO's Brand now is similar to Yellow and Roadway circa 1995 with the emphasis on themselves and giving mediocre service to customers focused and XPO focus is long-haul freight.
Xpo road that Conway reputation as long as they could without doing anything to build on it . I do believe this was their biggest failure. Now where do they go from here ? Overcoming the horrible reputation that we have earned now is a major problem. Bad employee moral , lack of knowledgeable management and low actual reinvestment are only some of the obstacles that now need to be overcome.

Xpo road that Conway reputation as long as they could without doing anything to build on it . I do believe this was their biggest failure. Now where do they go from here ? Overcoming the horrible reputation that we have earned now is a major problem. Bad employee moral , lack of knowledgeable management and low actual reinvestment are only some of the obstacles that now need to be overcome.
Seems like to me XPO is happy with what they have become and plans on staying on the course they are on now.

Cheap rates....
Sometimes but not all the time. I've had customers tell me sometimes we are a few dollars cheaper and sometimes we are hundreds of dollars more expensive. At my barn we've lost more freight due to pricing then to damages

Sometimes but not all the time. I've had customers tell me sometimes we are a few dollars cheaper and sometimes we are hundreds of dollars more expensive. At my barn we've lost more freight due to pricing then to damages
In my area Bridon American rebids the freight contract every year & xpo came in 22% cheaper then us. That’s a pretty big gap....

In my area Bridon American rebids the freight contract every year & xpo came in 22% cheaper then us. That’s a pretty big gap....
I wish we were like that at my barn, when XPO bought us we lost a ton of freight because we we told we were losing money on them. We've had a couple of sales reps leave because they couldn't make any sales with our pricing.

It’s hard to be a premier carrier when right now we only care a numbers in the ledger. You know no trailers under 50 cube or 13000 pounds. Every shipment is excerpted from service at 330am automatically. We are now a joke

No.
Don’t forget to say we are focusing on long haul freight that gets loaded onto miscellaneous trailers instead of purrs every night so it gets touched at every reship. Then it gets more and more damaged with all that extra handling so by the time it gets to our customers it is totally FUBAR’ed. XPO is the exact opposite of everything Conway stood for...and yet they are wondering why morale is so low.