XPO | Premium Carrier

Is Xpo still considered a premium carrier ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
No.
XPO eliminated the "Conway Brand" that customers loved and paid a premium for their superior service to the competition. Conway did regional freight better than anyone in the LTL market. XPO has killed the Conway culture in 5 years. Conway used to do 60,000 shipments a day before XPO bought them. Q2 Report from XPO shows daily bill count at 45,600/day.
XPO's Brand now is similar to Yellow and Roadway circa 1995 with the emphasis on themselves and giving mediocre service to customers focused and XPO focus is long-haul freight.
Sorry to say that bill count doesn't pay the bills. A profit on the freight you haul does. If all that matter was bill count why did CF go out of business??? Some have never seen the other side of the coin. For one more freight moves into the NE then moves out. The same applies to to California. There are so many ways to give freight rates it's mind blowing.
You also forgot about the China Flu and many companies were shut down in the Q2
I can say at my barn when XPO took over we lost accounts like 1 or 2 van loads a day account. When you dug into the accounts on many cases we were hauling it for free or it was costing us money to move there freight. Now years later some of that freight has come back into our system. Just now we make money on it.

Sorry to say that bill count doesn't pay the bills. A profit on the freight you haul does. If all that matter was bill count why did CF go out of business??? Some have never seen the other side of the coin. For one more freight moves into the NE then moves out. The same applies to to California. There are so many ways to give freight rates it's mind blowing.
You also forgot about the China Flu and many companies were shut down in the Q2
I can say at my barn when XPO took over we lost accounts like 1 or 2 van loads a day account. When you dug into the accounts on many cases we were hauling it for free or it was costing us money to move there freight. Now years later some of that freight has come back into our system. Just now we make money on it.
I remember when XPO bought us Brad said we are not a nonprofit company and we don't lose money hauling freight. That's when we lost a lot of business at our barn.