XPO | President of CNW takes action

bulldogg

TB Lurker
Credits
attended weekly monday meeting this morning, talked about this talked about that.
Then it happened SCM said he was pissed off ! about this, came straight from Pres of CNW desk.

i remember reading about this in a past thread. but that issue about telling customers that ccx was going out of buniness and some major customers dropped us like rocks when it was really, i guess central transport. he said that cnw was going to file a lawsuit against he first said "truckingboards" then i said thats a public web site they cant do that. then he said it was somebody that got on a local radio show and said it. i'AM pretty sure some of you guys know excately what iam talking about , just looking for some feedback

COME ON

Sounds like the pres and the senior exec. boards are trying to do anything they can to pass the buck or to take the attention away from what the real issue is, idle threats don't mean a thing they really need to answer the questions of what really happened and come clean.

We lost MILLIONS of dollars in revenue because of that rumor, which came (What a coincedence!) at what should have been the busiest time of the year...

Con-way should sue the radio show that repeated that rumor all night and they should also find out who phoned it in and sue and/or fire them...

Radio shows have a responsibility to not do exactly what trucking Bozo did... They deserve to get nailed...

As for the trucking boards reference Corporate knows that we exist and they do check us out... They can't sue us as we didn't spread the rumor but you can bet they will be checking for more rumors to stop them before this happens again...

Mozartsghost said:
We lost MILLIONS of dollars in revenue because of that rumor, which came (What a coincedence!) at what should have been the busiest time of the year...

Con-way should sue the radio show that repeated that rumor all night and they should also find out who phoned it in and sue and/or fire them...

i agree with ya

Mozartsghost said:

Radio shows have a responsibility to not do exactly what trucking Bozo did... They deserve to get nailed...

As for the trucking boards reference Corporate knows that we exist and they do check us out... They can't sue us as we didn't spread the rumor but you can bet they will be checking for more rumors to stop them before this happens again...

I don't know what the exact law is but it's when a comedian tells a "joke" about a public person or company. It's some sort of comedic freedom and not considered against any laws for some reason. The Bozo Show has the same right as any other show (Howard Stern, Jay Leno, Dave Letterman, Bill Maher, Rush Limbaugh) to do this, I guess? It seems very unfair that anyone can "joke" about something that can harm so many people's families and their lively hoods. But as always one of our most valuable rights is used in a way that it shouldn't be allowed to be used as. What are you going to do though?

sue sue sue

We had a simalar meeting on the west coast and from what I heard was they are going after a few major freight co. Reason is they posted on the biggies network that the rumor was false but some sales people from three major carriers are still spreading the rumur.....As far as the radio show goes that is a hard one to go after same as this web site....Sales people are easy targets......

hillbilly frog said:
It was Steve not Bozo.

It don't make no sense to me, people are talking about sueing a radio talk show and what was said on a talk show that has an open forum.

They think the show should be sued because of a rumor they heard about...... and they don't even know who's show this happened on and who said it?

This is exactly how rumors get started, it started with Central Freight, got turned into Conway Freight. A caller called in about it, then the radio show host said it and then another radio show host said it. Now it has turned in to The Trucking Bozo getting sued for something he never did.

The odd thing is that these rumors are not local, I have heard different rumors in St. Louis, different rumors in Atlanta, Buffalo and Chicago. Putting the blame on a radio show isn't going to help. I have heard it all from payroll checks bouncing to buying fuel and tires with the pension fund.

The only way to stop the rumors is quit talking about them. A company sueing someone isn't going to help when it's emplyees keep the rumors alive.

Mozartsghost said:

the cant touch the radio station it will be a waste of CF money an time an the all ready no it the are blowing smoke it a TALK SHOW

bulldogg said:
attended weekly monday meeting this morning, talked about this talked about that.
Then it happened SCM said he was pissed off ! about this, came straight from Pres of CNW desk.

i remember reading about this in a past thread. but that issue about telling customers that ccx was going out of buniness and some major customers dropped us like rocks when it was really, i guess central transport. he said that cnw was going to file a lawsuit against he first said "truckingboards" then i said thats a public web site they cant do that. then he said it was somebody that got on a local radio show and said it. i'AM pretty sure some of you guys know excately what iam talking about , just looking for some feedback

COME ON

LMFAO, so thats why the freight is down, not slow economy, highest prices in the ltl, being a pain in the butt when you need to file a damage claim, its all to blame on a radio show,give me a fricken break :hysterical: :Banger-Cow: :hysterical:

Mozartsghost said:

I guess if anyone knew Corporate was checking us out it would be you.

Mozartsghost said:

Maybe Con-Way should sue you for wasting their time paying you when you sit on the dock all night at xco and flap your gums. Get to work and earn me my pention boy.

suing people

i think the best part of trucking boards is the rumors. everyone knows that conway drivers can spread a rumor faster than wildfire. i remember an issue with a reg mgr around chicago and newspaper clippings made 1 day service to philly from chitown. people come on here to amuse themselves or else they would just watch the news if they wanted to hear serious stuff.
where are you mozart, tell us how juvenile we are. start a for serious dudes only thread and you can have fun talking to yourself or give yourself some sound financial advice.:hysterical:

DOLLAR BILL said:
the cant touch the radio station it will be a waste of CF money an time an the all ready no it the are blowing smoke it a TALK SHOW

Legally it's slander... Con-way Can sue the heck out of them.

And the drop in business is proof it hurt the company.