XPO | pretrip ur cascadia

companyclown

Nosey Mother Trucker
Credits
There is a recall on the steering for these nice pcs of truck.......check ur pitman arm and drag link closely. I caught the tail end of this announcement this morning on xm and I am not sure of exact model year. Just easier to check them out closely b4 you hit the street.

Daimler Trucks Recalls Certain 2010 Freighliner Cascadias
Potential Number of Units Affected: 352
Summary: DAIMLER TRUCKS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 FREIGHTLINER CASCADIA VEHICLES MANUFACTURED MAY 20, 2009 THROUGH JANUARY 29, 2010 AND EQUIPPED WITH OPTIONAL SHEPPARD HD94 STEERING GEARS. RESTRAINING WASHER LOCKING TABS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN SEATED INTO THE PITMAN ARM RETAINER NOTCHES DURING ASSEMBLY.

All recalls for :Freightliner Cascadia

Daimler Trucks Recalls Certain 2010 Freighliner Cascadias
Potential Number of Units Affected: 352
Summary: DAIMLER TRUCKS IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 FREIGHTLINER CASCADIA VEHICLES MANUFACTURED MAY 20, 2009 THROUGH JANUARY 29, 2010 AND EQUIPPED WITH OPTIONAL SHEPPARD HD94 STEERING GEARS. RESTRAINING WASHER LOCKING TABS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN SEATED INTO THE PITMAN ARM RETAINER NOTCHES DURING ASSEMBLY.

All recalls for :Freightliner Cascadia

Anyone have the slightest idea if our units are equipped as mentioned above? Apparently it would seem that the item in question was an option.........

we had a driver get pulled in at the scales and he said that they found the pit arm or drag link bolt finger loose. He said the bolt was a half inch down the bolt sounds pretty scary to me. I hate new trucks to many gremlins to work out.

No offense.......but look at indiana what 62 mph will do. I see the humor ur going with, but at the same time. I am glad you guys all know and hopefully each shop will target each cascadia b4 disaster strikes again.

[quote author=companyclown link=topic=77328.msg811229#msg811229 date=1268325499]
No offense.......but look at indiana what 62 mph will do. I see the humor ur going with, but at the same time. I am glad you guys all know and hopefully each shop will target each cascadia b4 disaster strikes again.
[/quote]Again? What disaster are you talking about? 8)