FedEx Freight | Problems With Getting Trucks Repaired???? Ac!!

ClearCut

TB Lurker
Credits
How many trucks in your fleet don't have AC??

We are hitting 98 to 100+ and its just a guess but I would say we have about 25% of our truck don't have working AC and another 10% that the AC only works a little or sometimes.

I know old school truckers would pull trailers with their teeth, no AC or truck up hill both ways, so hats off to you. I would like a decent working truck with AC to do my job today.

There are other repair issues but what do you expect with truck pushing 1 mil in miles.

PS Last winter I had a truck that only the AC worked no heat. Freezing my ass off I was defrosting with AC to keep the windows clear. Guess I should have kept this truck. The wipes fluid did not work on it, but as long as I only used the wipers during rain everything worked just fine.

It feels like if it can pull a trailer out of the yard its cheaper to tow it back then maintain it.

We are hitting 98 to 100+ and its just a guess but I would say we have about 25% of our truck don't have working AC and another 10% that the AC only works a little or sometimes.

I know old school truckers would pull trailers with their teeth, no AC or truck up hill both ways, so hats off to you. I would like a decent working truck with AC to do my job today.

There are other repair issues but what do you expect with truck pushing 1 mil in miles.

PS Last winter I had a truck that only the AC worked no heat. Freezing my ass off I was defrosting with AC to keep the windows clear. Guess I should have kept this truck. The wipes fluid did not work on it, but as long as I only used the wipers during rain everything worked just fine.

It feels like if it can pull a trailer out of the yard its cheaper to tow it back then maintain it.
Hate to tell you this but a/c is not a DOT requirement. only defroster is required. a/c is a luxury. very nice to have but none the less a luxury and if the company can save money on repairs they will have more to give upper mgmt in useless bonuses

Are the drivers writing up the issue and deadlining the trucks? I took my Volvo to the shop recently due to the AC blowing hot unless I was moving. The fan clutch was going out. The shop will repair them if they are informed. I am amazed at how many tractors with issues just keep being driven due to complacency.

Are the drivers writing up the issue and deadlining the trucks? I took my Volvo to the shop recently due to the AC blowing hot unless I was moving. The fan clutch was going out. The shop will repair them if they are informed. I am amazed at how many tractors with issues just keep being driven due to complacency.
Agreed 100%...our shop will (attempt to) fix anything that’s written up but they won’t can’t fix it if they don’t know it’s broken.

With that being said, if your A/C issues are in an International then good luck my friend!!

Hate to tell you this but a/c is not a DOT requirement. only defroster is required. a/c is a luxury. very nice to have but none the less a luxury and if the company can save money on repairs they will have more to give upper mgmt in useless bonuses
A LOT depend on how (if) it gets written up.

If the compressor is NOT working, I recommend writing up the defroster as not working properly. The defroster is absolutely required to function properly, which includes the compressor.

Let's first look at exhibit A:

5.2 Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance (Part 396)

"Parts and accessories shall be in safe and proper operating condition at all times. These include those specified in 49 CFR 393..."

Then, to see what's in CFR 393, let's look to exhibit B:

§393.79 Windshield defrosting and defogging systems.

So, it seems that the above MUST be in "safe and proper operating conditions", at all times. :rulz:

My shop only fixes the girls trucks and you have to talk stupid and bring candy or your screwed.

Sorry we eat healthy at the shop.num two you no longer works for the company.num 3 if you think you have to talk stupid to us cuz we have an accent so are you have an stupid accent i dont hide behind a nickname remember i have an AR took me less than 5 min to find you keyboard warrior name lol mr goldchains.by the way if is too hot loose weigth its free and healthy
1st post huh? Someone strike a nerve? I predict this won't go well or last long... Welcome anyway, while it lasts.

:fan:

Old school truckers did what was required to keep their job, before the union came along.
Probably half our trucks didn't have heaters in 55.
AC was Alford Champion (spark plugs)