Estes | Problems within the company, The FIX?

FX Sam

TB Regular
Credits
Where and what are the main problems of Estes and what do you think can/should be done to make this company rise to the top and be an Elite company for both employees and shipper/receivers?

What parts of the country are having the worst problems and which areas are doing good?

Also,

Do northern terminal have large buildings to park the trucks/trailers inside while loading because I am sure it would be to cold this time of year to load/unload with the temps. outside.

Yes I have, been about 10 years now and I miss it. I was a driver , city P&D. linehaul, did work weekends and evening shift of directing dock hands as to what needed done, . I have enough experience of this kind of work to make a difference and get the job done.

As I see you are more interested in me than making your company work better I think I may of found the problem..Think about it.

As I see you are more interested in me than making your company work better I think I may of found the problem..Think about it.
Maybe YOU have a problem. DO a little research before you jump to conclusions. Do YOU know anything about me? Not hard to find out a little about me.

Do northern terminal have large buildings to park the trucks/trailers inside while loading because I am sure it would be to cold this time of year to load/unload with the temps. outside.
This says volumes about YOU.

Yes I have, been about 10 years now and I miss it. I was a driver , city P&D. linehaul, did work weekends and evening shift of directing dock hands as to what needed done, . I have enough experience of this kind of work to make a difference and get the job done.

You have the knowledge to fix the problems .... I would like to hear it.

line haul/ABF - Retired

What do you know about Estes then ya old fart!

I am here asking a few questions and people like you ruin things.I am not here to fight or argue, if want to argue pick another poster. You will lose with me as I do not argue.

What do you know about Estes then ya old fart!

I am here asking a few questions and people like you ruin things.I am not here to fight or argue, if want to argue pick another poster. You will lose with me as I do not argue.

I can tell you have an abundance of knowledge from reading your post. I can tell you have an abundance of communication skills. I can tell you have an abundance of confidence in your abundance of wisdom.
I would never lose in an argument to a person who is unarmed.
I asked 1 question and you demonstrated all the skills you need to be in management.

I am seeing the problems lie deeper in the field than in corporate now.. Attitudes are not good here folks..

First off you ask the question what are the problems and what do we think could fix them. If you don't even know what the problems are how do you know you can fix them. Then you show your ignorance of the freight industry by asking about covered buildings and when you are called on it you go into attack mode and right out of the gate assume that it is the employees who may or may not be the problem. This poster is obviously management and if he really wanted to know what the issues were all he has to do is read some of the prior threads but looks to me like he"s just here to sling the mud around.

First off you ask the question what are the problems and what do we think could fix them. If you don't even know what the problems are how do you know you can fix them. Then you show your ignorance of the freight industry by asking about covered buildings and when you are called on it you go into attack mode and right out of the gate assume that it is the employees who may or may not be the problem. This poster is obviously management and if he really wanted to know what the issues were all he has to do is read some of the prior threads but looks to me like he"s just here to sling the mud around.

He is nobody SADSACK. In a previous post he said he WANTED to be the terminal manager at the new sioux falls sd estes terminal. You guys are better off paying this guy no mind.

Well, with what this person is asking and his ignorance in the forms of the questions he asks... you can defintely tell he's never worked in our industry..and you can also tell this is the kind of person Estes would put in charge of a terminal.. just like most, no people skills, no real idea of what any of the issues are, and too lazy to go read through the other dozen or so pages of topics which contain peoples issues with Estes..

In another thread he/she asked how to become a TM. Then another thread it was coming clear it is a corp. plant. Next post is where you from and whats your name. I have looked back in the estes thread way back and seen post as this every so often. I would assume this is posted while the U talk is going around. I might be way off due to the response to HBF which was uncalled for.

I like him!!!!!!!! Just when it was starting to get boring around here. Fresh meat. He's chumming for me. He knows where the great white dwells. And he's chumming for me!! Sounds like one of my nemesis didn't listen when Richmond suggested they shouldn't engage with the notorious Elvis. " It only motivates him, when you debate with him." That little remark about parking inside to load and unload was a lame attempt to make you think he is naive. PLEASE!!!!! You want to repair the damages. Bring a big band aid. Elvis out....

You must of missed this post. Could you pm me your names and terminal you work at? :smilie_132:
I see the operation didn't work Dr. Phil !!! (see below from prior post " Job openings/ Estes West terminal managers"

[caller] dial, dial, dial, dial, dial, dial, dial

[phone at other end] ring, ring, ring

[answer] Hello, Dr. Phil here

[caller] Hello, Dr. Phil, I have a friend with a major problem

[Dr. Phil] Well sir, what is his problem

[caller] Well, he says he's trying to figure out what the problems at Estes are and how to help fix them

[Dr. Phil] Sedate him immediately and get him over here pronto. I will try to get the the surgeons to ther operating room now to get the labotamy reversed

[caller] Thanks doc. Where will he be after the operation if it's successful?

[Dr. Phil] Probably in the same room with Britney. Medical science has come a long ways, but some things are just too baffling to explain.

[caller] Will do, have a great day

[Dr. Phil] You too son