TForce | Proposals for new agreement, part 2:

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
i wanted to start another thread so as not to muddle up the original thread.

First i wonder if it's possible, to contact the negotiating committee? If so, how? Or is it too late?
i, and possibly others may have some issues we would like to bring up.

And/or we could discuss them amongst ourselves at least.

1) Hourly wage to $32-35. For city drivers. i think this is reasonable?
Someone mentioned something about road drivers: What is top rate now? .73 cpm? If so, then push for .80 cpm, i don't know. Of course you are aware that as a road driver, as soon as you enter a terminal boundary line (geofence, i think it's called?) you go to hourly rate?

2) Overtime for anything after 8 AND anything after 40. BOTH.

3) Better equipment. To be fair, it's ok and generally well-maintained. But, faster /better liftgates. If we're going to be working with 2000+lb pallets, then we need electric or powered jacks......
Heavier pallets = more money, so i don't see that going away.
4) i don't know if this is a union+company negotiating issue, but MAXIMUM one morning appointment and MAXIMUM one afternoon (12p and after) appointment per day assigned to city drivers.

5) One line seniority board. You already know how i feel about this and we know how many of you feel about this.........

In addition, related somewhat to #4:

6) MAXIMUM 13 DELIVERIES per day for routes using straight trucks and trailers under 32 feet. MAXIMUM 4 PICKUPS PER DAY. If 4 pickups are exceeded on any day, then the number of deliveries drops that same amount. For example, 5 pickups now equals max 12 deliveries for that day. and so on.

a) MAXIMUM ADD ONS ARE 3 PER WEEK: "ADD ONS" are pickups that were not originally put in the diad at the beginning of the day. We realize that sometimes a customer calls for a pickup.......and wants it picked up that same day. Thus, for flexibility and to provide good customer service we allow 3 add ons per week.

b) If you're fortune enough to have a route that uses a 45 or 48 tandem and all you do is industrial parks where it's all docks, rolloffs, or they have a forklift, the above doesn't apply to you.

7) Get rid of mandatory lunch. OR, if still requiring a lunch to be taken, then eliminate the between 3-6 hour from start of shift requirement and let the driver take it exactly when they want.
This will allow for more flexibility, productivity, and likely better customer service.

a) MAXIMUM ADD ONS ARE 3 PER WEEK: "ADD ONS" are pickups that were not originally put in the diad at the beginning of the day. We realize that sometimes a customer calls for a pickup.......and wants it picked up that same day. Thus, for flexibility and to provide good customer service we allow 3 add ons per week.
I don't work for T-Force, but I don't understand 6-A, What LTL company(Union/Non-Union) pre-loads all the drivers pick ups at the beginning of the day. In a lot of areas there are Daily pick ups and some that are called in the day b/4 that can be given to a driver as he leaves. But if a customer calls in at say 11am with 4 skids, you expect them to be told that pick will be made the next day. We live in a world of demand, if they call in real late, yea they can wait. If you don't pick it up some other carrier will gladly take the freight if they are there late and have rates with the shipper.

I don't work for T-Force, but I don't understand 6-A, What LTL company(Union/Non-Union) pre-loads all the drivers pick ups at the beginning of the day. In a lot of areas there are Daily pick ups and some that are called in the day b/4 that can be given to a driver as he leaves. But if a customer calls in at say 11am with 4 skids, you expect them to be told that pick will be made the next day. We live in a world of demand, if they call in real late, yea they can wait. If you don't pick it up some other carrier will gladly take the freight if they are there late and have rates with the shipper.

Oh......that might explain everything. See, here at T, we're so backed up that usually most pickups are 2-3 days behind, sometimes more. So, they like to spring 'em on us depending on how the day is going.

My proposal was MAXIMUM 17 stops per day (deliveries AND pickups), which is pretty reasonable. This way it lessens the spring ons / pile ons. These can screw your whole day up. We can allow either 3 add ons per week, or maximum one per day? This way we can still be flexible to give good customer service, not that we do give good customer service as it is.......

i wanted to start another thread so as not to muddle up the original thread.

First i wonder if it's possible, to contact the negotiating committee? If so, how? Or is it too late?
i, and possibly others may have some issues we would like to bring up.

And/or we could discuss them amongst ourselves at least.

<snip>

7) Get rid of mandatory lunch. OR, if still requiring a lunch to be taken, then eliminate the between 3-6 hour from start of shift requirement and let the driver take it exactly when they want.
This will allow for more flexibility, productivity, and likely better customer service.
So you're a good union man and yet you want to eliminate the lunch rules? Wow, nothing like encouraging the rabbits and deal makers. Unions fought to have breaks and time for lunch and now you want to eliminate that? What's wrong with you, you're paid hourly aren't you? :duh:

So you're a good union man and yet you want to eliminate the lunch rules? Wow, nothing like encouraging the rabbits and deal makers. Unions fought to have breaks and time for lunch and now you want to eliminate that? What's wrong with you, you're paid hourly aren't you? :duh:
Whats wrong with him? Just read all his Threads/posts. Half a bubble off dead center.

I wonder if he would go along with splitting his tips with dock workers?

Perhaps i need to clarify #7):

We keep the right to TAKE a lunch, up to i think 1 hr?

A) What i'm saying is GET RID of the between 3-6hrs after start time requirement and let the drive take it when s/he wants.

B) IF the driver elects not to take a lunch (nibbling on stuff in between stops, while at traffic lights etc.), then there is no mandatory clock out. Driver gets paid for the whole day.
We're not ups freight anymore, so why are we still operating like we are?