Yellow | Proud & True, Orange & Blue ---Roadway nostalgia thread (former Roadway posting only

life62mph

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been wanting to start this tread for sometime now. I wanted to have a place the roadway people could post. Not about who is better. Just some where we can reflect, vioce our concerns and the likes.
Just for our elves.
I quess what I'm mean its ok for you to look but keep your comments to yourself. (I know good luck with that one). I'msure we can argue just fine ourselves.

I would hope maybe someone from Yellow would start their own Tread, It would be an Honor to read what you really think about us. I think we would all be supprise. I know most things a said in other Treads are just said to get a reaction.

I hope I am not braking any rules on here.

I have questions?

For the first post I wanted to ask If any of you know Tammy from 135? I have some bad news she passed away sometime on Sunday or Monday. I do not have any details as of yet. She went home from work Sat. I beleive early. She did not show up for work Sunday or Monday. It was not like her to miss work and not call. The Police where called to check on her and she was found in her home. I have no other detail. I'm sorry. Tammy was the dark hair girl that has been with Roadway for awhile. I've been here 10 yrs and she has always been there. There are many things to be said about her and she will be missed.

:police:

With all the stress and negativity going on in the company, I think life@62mph
has a good idea here. As long as he chooses to keep up on the thread, he can PM me as to off topic posts. I will review and delete them in this thread tighter than we normally moderate the rest of the YRC forum. If a former Yellow driver wants to do the same in another, we will try that also and see how it works. :Off-Topic:

Here are the stips he put on the thread...

I have been wanting to start this tread for sometime now. I wanted to have a place the roadway people could post. Not about who is better. Just some where we can reflect, vioce our concerns and the likes.
Just for our elves.
I quess what I'm mean its ok for you to look but keep your comments to yourself. (I know good luck with that one). I'msure we can argue just fine ourselves.

For the first post I wanted to ask If any of you know Tammy from 135? I have some bad news she passed away sometime on Sunday or Monday. I do not have any details as of yet. She went home from work Sat. I beleive early. She did not show up for work Sunday or Monday. It was not like her to miss work and not call. The Police where called to check on her and she was found in her home. I have no other detail. I'm sorry. Tammy was the dark hair girl that has been with Roadway for awhile. I've been here 10 yrs and she has always been there. There are many things to be said about her and she will be missed.

i worked with tammy for many years, a very socialable young lady, with that southern drawl. she was fun to be around and a very good worker. she could type the dispatch faster than you could get a click. proud to be her friend. i'm guessing she was 41 or 42. they say she had stroke. very tragic.

Galen Roush died in the early 70's. I ran over the road out of Indy for 28 years. Made many many Union driver friends, especially Yellow. We ran together, partied together ect.
Great times and memories for me. I wish only the best for the employees of YRC and the outcome of this mess you guys are in. Good luck from a retired Big R driver.

I remember the good old days but never knew they where good ole days til they where gone!! The only way this place we work at will ever be good ole again has to fixed by us all of us... Some of the folks are very very mad and wish the company to die. No arguement on that from me.. But if WE turned this around and took hold of our company once again..Grab the bull by the horns and make this one ours. Change the name. Logo and redeisign the model when that is done we can work on better wages and pension but if we let it go there is no where we can go to find the good people that we work with today...Yrcw had a good ideal but the greed of a few has destroyed 3 company's... Wave the debt for the working man Oboma hold Mr greed and Mr ego accountable!!

[YT]YOJPvxgkvn8&feature=related[/YT]
YouTube - Queen - These Are The Days Of Our Lives (Studio Version)

Do any of you Big R.drivers remember the Driver that was all ways singing Johny Cash songs and sounded like him?

gse_multipart50950.jpg

OK here a Question for you'll ! What was your first truck you drove for Mother "R" ? Mine was and yes I still remember the truck number 69022 ! A quarter cab Mack !

OK here a Question for you'll ! What was your first truck you drove for Mother "R" ? Mine was and yes I still remember the truck number 69022 ! A quarter cab Mack !

My first truck was an old refurbed International gas job. Our terminal got all hand me downs. I always thought they hated us in Akron ever since the local pres refused them a 7-day work week break-bulk in the local. How brainless was that? And never had a new truck for the next 27 years. A few months before I retired a new International came in and they gave it to me. They're sooo sweeet

When the 69000 series sidewinder Macks were new in 1977 they were two seaters. Pain in the butt to find a way to position and hook up your radio case. Most were carrying tube caddys for radio cases. Put it in the jump seat after letting the air out of it. Time consuming and just a pain. My first ride was a long nose Mack with a 318. Don't remember the number. They were 4 digit then. 70 plus miles per hour before they cut them back to save fuel. Just wouldn't climb a big hill.

My first truck was an old refurbed International gas job. Our terminal got all hand me downs. I always thought they hated us in Akron ever since the local pres refused them a 7-day work week break-bulk in the local. How brainless was that? And never had a new truck for the next 27 years. A few months before I retired a new International came in and they gave it to me. They're sooo sweeet

Joe, coming out of the old Akron terminal you always felt like you were going to turn over.

a long hood White 40110 or was it 44110 A.C. on back of cab.
i think thats right.
BIG white steering wheel :TR10driving03: you had to jump out of your seat to get it to turn.

a long hood White 40110 or was it 44110 A.C. on back of cab.
i think thats right.
BIG white steering wheel :TR10driving03: you had to jump out of your seat to get it to turn.

We had some OLD Western Gillett 10 wheel drive ,White Freightliners talk about a LONG HOOD ! But there wasn’t a truck built that could pull the mountains in the snow like they could ! You could lock the front hubs in, lock the rear ends in, and plow your way anywhere! Oh they had NO A/C !!!!!

Regrets

I was one of the 309 drivers that ran 135 on the bid before the merger. VERY sorry to see the news that Tammy died. She was always pleasant to me. If you are still domiciled at 135 please pass along my sympathies to ALL. I am pretty sure that Bryce will be able to figure out who I am. 22 years here and looks like the end is near, many VERY wonderful people at BIG R.:gathering:

I started in 1988, there were only a few left in the system, I took my road test in a jiffed up White Road Commander. I had NEVER worked in freight before and had to ask why there were 2 fifth wheels!!!!! :biglaugh: