XPO | Proxy vote package arrived today

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
I left the package in the car and driver took it to work so not sure what's in the package.

Anyone else get theirs? If so, have you read it through?

Someone break it down and show what to vote for/against?

Just getting the ball rolling and seeing how we can get the word spread for all drivers to vote in our favor for once even if it might not do us any good.

I left the package in the car and driver took it to work so not sure what's in the package.

Anyone else get theirs? If so, have you read it through?

Someone break it down and show what to vote for/against?

Just getting the ball rolling and seeing how we can get the word spread for all drivers to vote in our favor for once even if it might not do us any good.

Indeed! I hope now those that know so much more than I about this stuff can educate me as to who or what, specifically, is good or evil.

I am not being sarcastic, I am serious.

If my little vote amounts to more than 0.0000000000005% of all votes, please tell me and I will vote. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the few guys with lots of stock's votes will outweigh all of us.

If my little vote amounts to more than 0.0000000000005% of all votes, please tell me and I will vote. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the few guys with lots of stock's votes will outweigh all of us.

Many feel that their vote doesn't count in our elections in real life, but I always make the trip to the polls and vote anyways. I feel it is my responsibility. Although I do admit that I have not been so responsible with my proxy, I want to start now.

But I do want to make an educated vote. There are some that are dark, mysterious, and all knowing on here that would tell me to read this report or that fileing, but I don't understand the language so maybe they can simply tell me what they mean in layman's terms.

I tell ya what, we..sorry, my driver, might not make a big impact with his 1 or 2 or whatever amount of votes but EVERYONE together in unison will show the Directors that things need to change, there are people at ConWay wanting a change.

Who knows? Maybe 1 person on the board of Directors with enough votes can cast with the drivers to make a change.

My example:
100K stock that equals to 100K votes
60K votes are with the Directors
40K votes with drivers

Pretend all drivers are in agreement and vote for certain changes.
Pretend 1 board member (hahaha!! ahem) has 20k worth of votes and throws in with drivers.

40+20= 60 *drivers
60-20= 40 *directors

Drivers win!

This is simplistic but maybe, JUST maybe one of the directors is from the old Conway and wants to see it go back to the top again, thereby insuring future jobs and future profits.

So get on it, read, understand, print it out, pass out to all the other drivers, find out who works where and send them a copy so they will be 'in the know'.

Open a separate website and put into a search engine detailing what the votes are for and proposals. Nothing shady, nothing false. Keep on talking it up and spreading through the system to all drivers.

If nothing else, at least the drivers can say they tried.

In no way do I want the company to fold, I'm for the company going back to what it was before, what made it #1 before.

Many feel that their vote doesn't count in our elections in real life, but I always make the trip to the polls and vote anyways. I feel it is my responsibility. Although I do admit that I have not been so responsible with my proxy, I want to start now.

But I do want to make an educated vote. There are some that are dark, mysterious, and all knowing on here that would tell me to read this report or that fileing, but I don't understand the language so maybe they can simply tell me what they mean in layman's terms.
No one on here is dark and mysterious, that is just in your mind. To make it as simple as it can be made for everyone that does not want to take a minute and look up in the dictionary what a word might mean, here goes. Your power of the vote. If you have 1 share of common, you have one vote, and if you have 1 share of perferred, that equals 6 votes. So just by having 1 share of each you have 7 votes. The best thing to do this year is to vote absstain. By doing that, the trustee can not use you vote for the board. This year is a wash. Let us do some simple math. 27105 employees times 7 votes each equal 189735 votes that the trustee can not use. You know that will not put a dent in anything CON-way is going to do, but hey it is a start. You know that everyone has more than 1 share of each, so start by talking to everyone the you can that is employed with CON-way and ask them to vote whichever way they want. :USA::gathering::USA::smilies-19296:

Good point.

The USA went against a big company, started small with Boston Tea Party and now we are a big nation.

AS for abstain, does that mean NOTHING on the ballot is good for the drivers? :biglaugh: I mean, someone HAS to be looking out for the drivers somewhere (sarcastic note here)

The abstain part, that mean that we can't vote AGAINST what the board wants? Again if a board member is against something the others want (:biglaugh:) we want to vote NO just to show how we feel?

Abstain can be taken 2 ways: what is being voted on suxs and you don't want to part of it or else you don't want to be involved at all.

Seeing that I haven't had time to open the package and look, is there a card to sign (I think I recall this) and it has a blanket permission clause for THEM to vote for you? So that's why put in abstain?

Need to find out quick and get the word out ASAP before anyone throws their packet away feeling it's not worth messing with as I have been guilty of in the past.

Let's see driver talks to 4 or more CW drivers to pass the word along, then the rest pass the word on and soon it'll be all over.

Egads, I'm feeling like I'm an underground grassroots movement going against the (⊙▃⊙)s!! :hysterical: Will my driver visit me in the dark and mysterious jail I'll be thrown into?? :funky:

No one on here is dark and mysterious, that is just in your mind. To make it as simple as it can be made for everyone that does not want to take a minute and look up in the dictionary what a word might mean, here goes. Your power of the vote. If you have 1 share of common, you have one vote, and if you have 1 share of perferred, that equals 6 votes. So just by having 1 share of each you have 7 votes. The best thing to do this year is to vote absstain. By doing that, the trustee can not use you vote for the board. This year is a wash. Let us do some simple math. 27105 employees times 7 votes each equal 189735 votes that the trustee can not use. You know that will not put a dent in anything CON-way is going to do, but hey it is a start. You know that everyone has more than 1 share of each, so start by talking to everyone the you can that is employed with CON-way and ask them to vote whichever way they want.

Good point.

The USA went against a big company, started small with Boston Tea Party and now we are a big nation.

AS for abstain, does that mean NOTHING on the ballot is good for the drivers? :biglaugh: I mean, someone HAS to be looking out for the drivers somewhere (sarcastic note here)

The abstain part, that mean that we can't vote AGAINST what the board wants? Again if a board member is against something the others want (:biglaugh:) we want to vote NO just to show how we feel?

Abstain can be taken 2 ways: what is being voted on suxs and you don't want to part of it or else you don't want to be involved at all.

Seeing that I haven't had time to open the package and look, is there a card to sign (I think I recall this) and it has a blanket permission clause for THEM to vote for you? So that's why put in abstain?

Need to find out quick and get the word out ASAP before anyone throws their packet away feeling it's not worth messing with as I have been guilty of in the past.

Let's see driver talks to 4 or more CW drivers to pass the word along, then the rest pass the word on and soon it'll be all over.

Egads, I'm feeling like I'm an underground grassroots movement going against the (⊙▃⊙)s!! :hysterical: Will my driver visit me in the dark and mysterious jail I'll be thrown into?? :funky:

By marking the abstain box-the trustee or the board can not use you vote. I do not tell anyone how to vote, just giving you or anyone else the information on how this proxy works. Grassroots movement this is not. CON-way has not taken enought away from anyone yet to start a grassroots movement, maybe if we ask them to take the vacations away, that might start a movement. But I do not think so, people will only complain and keep on asking for more. One last thing------to many people have died to give everyone the right to vote. Some have sacrificed all, all have sacrificed some.

Thank you. Since he's never voted and never sent in the card, we didn't know exactly what to go.

We'll read through closely tomorrow, after my driver has rested. To be honest, I bet nothing will be in our favor and will be written in "code" so we won't understand it.

I don't really feel like it's grassroot movement, sometimes things feel so very negative here and what I listen to from my husband that I try to liven things up.

I'm proud to say that I support our Troops, have many in my family present and past serve our country. We go over to our soldiers if we see them out in public and shake their hands. They give us the freedom to say what we want and live in our country.

By marking the abstain box-the trustee or the board can not use you vote. I do not tell anyone how to vote, just giving you or anyone else the information on how this proxy works. Grassroots movement this is not. CON-way has not taken enought away from anyone yet to start a grassroots movement, maybe if we ask them to take the vacations away, that might start a movement. But I do not think so, people will only complain and keep on asking for more. One last thing------to many people have died to give everyone the right to vote. Some have sacrificed all, all have sacrificed some.

No one on here is dark and mysterious, that is just in your mind. To make it as simple as it can be made for everyone that does not want to take a minute and look up in the dictionary what a word might mean, here goes. Your power of the vote. If you have 1 share of common, you have one vote, and if you have 1 share of perferred, that equals 6 votes. So just by having 1 share of each you have 7 votes. The best thing to do this year is to vote absstain. By doing that, the trustee can not use you vote for the board. This year is a wash. Let us do some simple math. 27105 employees times 7 votes each equal 189735 votes that the trustee can not use. You know that will not put a dent in anything CON-way is going to do, but hey it is a start. You know that everyone has more than 1 share of each, so start by talking to everyone the you can that is employed with CON-way and ask them to vote whichever way they want. :USA::gathering::USA::smilies-19296:

Oh, free me from the bondage of thy mind!!!

Thank you for pointing out the limitations in my underdeveloped vocabulary. I've heard about those dictionary things, and you're right; I've got to get me one. Wager the dollar store has them? It's likely imperative I have the correct spelling for dictionary so they know what I am looking for.

Sounds and spells like Pictionary. I can remember that.​

Not against you

BK-that was not against you or your knowledge. What has happen is that alot of people will not take the time to look anything up, and want other people to tell them what everything means. Hope this clears everything up between you and I. Now get your proxy out and vote.:USA::USA::gathering::console:

BK-that was not against you or your knowledge. What has happen is that alot of people will not take the time to look anything up, and want other people to tell them what everything means. Hope this clears everything up between you and I. Now get your proxy out and vote.:USA::USA::gathering::console:

So, why not tell them the whats and the whys? Would that not help your agenda?

This no slight against any agenda you may have. Only that it may be better served if you were to educate. Those that are capable of and willing to do the research are few and far between, and the others won't change. Additionally, most possess talents that range to many arenas while lacking in others. As stated before, one of mine is NOT legalese.

I don't mind looking things up, been accused of being a bookworm. My only point is to at least have a small guideline.

Second, do we have time at this point to get the book to understand the vote?

Last, I'm still on the abstain, if drivers abstain that's not saying yes or no and leaving the votes on no side.

I'm not questioning your knowledge of how to handle this, just trying to clarifiy it in my mind.

proxy

Don't waste your time.. Throw out that proxy statement.. Its Worthless even IF ALL drivers voted their shares against whatever is proposed, all our combined votes (shares) is like a raindrop in the ocean when compared to the number of shares the FAT cats have .

Yes

The major stockholders have done such a fantastic job they get a raise and bonuses, we on the other hand have done such a terrible job that we cant even get a cost of living raise we are just lucky to keep a job!
THANK YOU CON-WAY YOU are are the best ever:1036316054::1036316054:

All the more reason to VOTE. If you don't vote, don't complain.

It should be completely obvious that the Directors and this company's board are not interested in our compensation package - they are interested in theirs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to flip open the literature that came with your proxy form and read in plain view how much our leaders make.

Now I'm all for getting an education and bettering yourself. Lord knows I could use some more myself, and I have no problem with folks that have achieved a higher education, and in turn, major success. But the level of compensation that our leaders obtain for what they are is EXCESSIVE, bordering on corrupt. Not to mention the conflict of interest when it comes to the companies that we have "associations" with. These people are just trucking executives, not Bill Gates. We are the reason for their success, but they continue to ignore the inferior, uneducated folk while in fervent pursuit of their own personal wealth (greed).

Hey, somebody needs to start another useless thread. No, wait a minute, someone needs to insist that their vote doesn't matter.

If you don't vote, don't EVER expect the fat of this company to be trimmed. It won't as long as we sit on our arses and do nothing.

The major stockholders have done such a fantastic job they get a raise and bonuses, we on the other hand have done such a terrible job that we cant even get a cost of living raise we are just lucky to keep a job!
THANK YOU CON-WAY YOU are are the best ever:1036316054::1036316054:

Thats the attitude...thanks Dave M. :bowdown: for letting me serve you...