XPO | PTO days.... How do you have to use yours?

Jeff Albertson

TB Lurker
Credits
Are you forced to use all your PTO days for single days you want off before you can use a vacation day on a single day? I just wanted to see if this is really company policy or just at my location.

Just saw it today. PTO first, vacation second (if broken into single days), and the option days last. I never took the options but I signed the report today..

what does it matter, pto, option days or single vacation days, ( option days gone after this year, another benny we can kiss goodby) they all pay the same or are treated the same. what's the worry????

here is my concern, your PTO days are to use as you please, call in and say im sick, use a PTO day. Now if you use all your PTO days and then need to call in sick, I just dont want to be denied. I think its BS that they did it this way, they just dont want to have to pay anyone for PTO days they dont use.

I won't disagree with your last statement, Jeff...I am a huge proponent of just calling the whole damn thing D.O.s....Days off, period...no need to complicate it...I haven't denied anyone yet...a D.O. is just that...If I have to force you to take your single days first as PTO, and let's say you're a skier who takes 3-4 day weekends to ski, and all your ptos are gone by Valentine's day, and you get sick on March 15th, what am I supposed to do..?? tell you sorry, I hosed you and you weren't paying attention..I haven't heard of anyone being denied for this reason, so I don't think you have anything to worry about..

here is my concern, your PTO days are to use as you please, call in and say im sick, use a PTO day. Now if you use all your PTO days and then need to call in sick, I just dont want to be denied. I think its BS that they did it this way, they just dont want to have to pay anyone for PTO days they dont use.
then just save vacation days and get paid for those.

I think using your PTO days first has more to do with accounting. Federal Law defines paid time off and how it can be carried over to the next year (full week blocks) and if any un-used are eligible for reimbursement at the end of the year (single vacation days). By forcing you to use the PTO days first I think it's just a way of being sure you don't end up in late December calling corporate to say you can't take your use-them-or-loose-them PTO days.

Otherwise... I agree that they are all just days off at this point. Once you get pass scheduling your full weeks a day off is just a day off.