XPO | Pto days.....so how many do we really have?

Jeff Albertson

TB Lurker
Credits
Im confused, please correct me if I am wrong. Am I to understand that we no longer call them vacation days and now everything is called a PTO day? So........ We still have the same amount of vacation days but now there called PTO days? Do we still have the original 5 pto days as well? Im always in the dark on these things, start to early, miss almost every driver meeting. Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

You will get all your vacation time and pto days according to your time served ... 5 pto days and x amount of vacation ... if you happen to quit retire or get let go during the year you will only get the time paid you EARNED during the year or you will pay it back ... say you retire in may and do not take any vacation or pto days ... and you EARNED 4.5 days vacation ... that is what you will get paid from now on rather than the full 5 pto days and the x amount of vacation ... i hope this makes sense ..

They are now all called PTO days, no longer called vacation, check out the new 2010 PTO request form no longer says vacation days, only PTO.

You will get all your vacation time and pto days according to your time served ... 5 pto days and x amount of vacation ... if you happen to quit retire or get let go during the year you will only get the time paid you EARNED during the year or you will pay it back ... say you retire in may and do not take any vacation or pto days ... and you EARNED 4.5 days vacation ... that is what you will get paid from now on rather than the full 5 pto days and the x amount of vacation ... i hope this makes sense ..

Everything is now referred to as PTO (Personal Time Off).

Your explanation makes sense...as far as earned time accrued over months depending upon what you have available to you.

The program itself makes no sense...another assinine policy adjustment from the Crystalline Entity AKA Ann Arbor...

We now return you to your previoulsy scdeduled program...unless otherwise adjusted...

Rat

Could you make this a little clearer for a dumb truck driver? Do you get your vacation days and pto? You have to earn both of them but do you still get the equivalent as last year? I get 5 weeks of vacation. Now do I earn 25 days or do I earn 30 days for the year. Do I have to earn the 25 but start with the 5? I thought I understood but with these last questions, I am not clear. I seem to have a milky substance coming from my headlights. :biglaugh:

Could you make this a little clearer for a dumb truck driver? Do you get your vacation days and pto? You have to earn both of them but do you still get the equivalent as last year? I get 5 weeks of vacation. Now do I earn 25 days or do I earn 30 days for the year. Do I have to earn the 25 but start with the 5? I thought I understood but with these last questions, I am not clear. I seem to have a milky substance coming from my headlights. :biglaugh:

The way I understand it is...yes you get both your vacation and what was previously known as PTO days.

Everything hence will be known as PTO days...no separation of the two...no distinction from vacation and PTO days...

Thus you will earn days based upon days of service. If (and if is a big word in all this) I understand this correctly you will earn one 52nd of your entitled PTO days per week. You have 30 days...30 times 8 equals 240 hours...one 52nd of those 240 hours equals 4.62 hours of accued PTO time per week.

You can take up to two weeks (80 hours) at the outset of the year...referred to as banking your PTO days. This basically your two week hold back on your paycheck. If you leave the company prior to accruing those 80 hours you will have to pay them back in the loss of your two weeks hold back.

Like I said before this is an assinine program so we can fund Colin Braun and other useless endeavors...now rather than doing on the back of company profit they are doing on the backs of the employees.

Rat

I think I'm straightened out here.

I have 2 weeks vacation - that means I now have 15 total PTO days?

I can use all 15 anytime but if I quit during the year, I would be in the hole if I used all 15?

Am I correct here?

I think I'm straightened out here.

I have 2 weeks vacation - that means I now have 15 total PTO days?

I can use all 15 anytime but if I quit during the year, I would be in the hole if I used all 15?

Am I correct here?

As of Jan 1 you can use up to 80 hours immediately...or two weeks which is your two week holdback on your paycheck. If you leave the company prior to accruing those 80 hours they will be deducted from any of those two weeks held back from your effective paydate.

This is confusing as hell but what they are allowing you to do is use your two week hold back as PTO time prior to accruing it as they already have you on the ropes for those two weeks.

In other words if you use your 80 hours in the first two weeks of Jan and then leave the company in the third week you will not have two weeks of held back pay...they will take those two weeks as payback for using your 80 hours before you accrue them.

For all intents and purposes you have 'borrowed' those two weeks ahead of the time you have accrued them...thus you are under the gun for that time until you have reached such a point as you have actually accrued that time...whenever that point may be.

Sweet...HUH!!!???

Another stunning and integrally positive for the Crystalline Entity!!!

So the caveat is this...you can use up to 80 hours at the beginning of the year...just be careful how you do it!

Rat

As of Jan 1 you can use up to 80 hours immediately...or two weeks which is your two week holdback on your paycheck. If you leave the company prior to accruing those 80 hours they will be deducted from any of those two weeks held back from your effective paydate.

This is confusing as hell but what they are allowing you to do is use your two week hold back as PTO time prior to accruing it as they already have you on the ropes for those two weeks.

In other words if you use your 80 hours in the first two weeks of Jan and then leave the company in the third week you will not have two weeks of held back pay...they will take those two weeks as payback for using your 80 hours before you accrue them.

For all intents and purposes you have 'borrowed' those two weeks ahead of the time you have accrued them...thus you are under the gun for that time until you have reached such a point as you have actually accrued that time...whenever that point may be.

Sweet...HUH!!!???

Another stunning and integrally positive for the Crystalline Entity!!!

So the caveat is this...you can use up to 80 hours at the beginning of the year...just be careful how you do it!

Rat

Okay - I think I get how you accrue it now.

Wouldn't I actually have 120 hours? 5 PTO plus 2 weeks vacation which is now just 15 PTO days or 120 hours.

Okay - I think I get how you accrue it now.

Wouldn't I actually have 120 hours? 5 PTO plus 2 weeks vacation which is now just 15 PTO days or 120 hours.

Yes you would have that time available to you...you can use up to 80 hours immediately but you will have accrue the other 40 hours...

The company hasn't shorted you any hours...now instead of having them available immediately after the first of the year they must be accrued minus the 80 hours you would have avaliable to you if you so chose to use them.

Rat

So, we can borrow from them what is/was ours.
Seems we should be able to charge interest for loaning our vacation time to them.

So, we can borrow from them what is/was ours.
Seems we should be able to charge interest for loaning our vacation time to them.

Yes...you can borrow from what was previously yours....

Johnny...Dougie...and the BOD's are so out of touch with reality they will never return to it...unless it has to do with a national sports sponsorship.

The only interest to be gleaned is that which the employee has in getting what was coming to them in the first place....

Rat

Im confused, please correct me if I am wrong. Am I to understand that we no longer call them vacation days and now everything is called a PTO day? So........ We still have the same amount of vacation days but now there called PTO days? Do we still have the original 5 pto days as well? Im always in the dark on these things, start to early, miss almost every driver meeting. Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.

The only thing clear on this,is they found a new way to screw us.an i'm sure if YRC goes under they will find more ways to ::shit:: on us.

I feel they stole my vacation. I have been told over and over again how it works. Yes I understand it,,and Yes, they did steel my vacation.Please prove me wrong.

Oh and BTW...we didn't loan it to them...they just took it at their disgression!

Rat
Whoa there fella!

Taking something would indicate theft. I was told by our leaders that integrity is one of our core values and that our core values apply to ALL of us at team Conway. So, to follow the logic, if integrity is practiced by our leaders, then I believe what they tell me. I thought we were making sacrifices........

I feel they stole my vacation. I have been told over and over again how it works. Yes I understand it,,and Yes, they did steel my vacation.Please prove me wrong.

See post above and you will feel better.

whatever your years of service has earned in vacation is what you will still schedule in 2010. As in the past you will schedule full week blocks (5 days) by seniority in round one. In round 2 you will again by seniority, schedule you individual PTO days. Vacation earned plus 5 PTO days. Let's say Joe Trucker is a 15 to 20 year guy... 3 weeks plus 5 PTO = 20 days. You (Joe) will be able to put it all on the calender.

You have accrued 1/4 of 2010 time in the first quarter of this year. So Joe has accrued 5 days already for 2010. At any time in 2010 you can have a negative balance of used time off. But, not over a negative 10 days. So if Joe so desired he could in the first quarter of 2010 take off 15 days (5 accrued and -10 available = 15). We will not earn any more time until the beginning of the second quarter of 2010. So the easy math shows that at the end of June Joe will have accrued 5 more days, and at the end of September, and at the end of December, for his total of 20 days.

Just remember to clarify which part of this you want to argue, scheduling or accrued days off.