XPO | Pto days.....so how many do we really have?

I feel they stole my vacation. I have been told over and over again how it works. Yes I understand it,,and Yes, they did steel my vacation.Please prove me wrong.

They flat stole your vacation. One whole year of vacation was plucked from your pocket and not so little as a thank you. They said at the time it helps with the book keeping by not having it on the books. So, WHY DID THEY NOT WRITE US A CHECK FOR IT so they wouldn't have to worry about the books? They stole your vacation.

I'm not saying its right or wrong but the best explanation I've heard is this: When you earn your vacation and then use it the company has to keep this money set aside is escrow because they alreadyn owe it to you. The way they are doing it now they dont have all that money tied up and can use this money as working capital. There are winners and losers in everything, the winners in this are people like myself that just started, I get 15 pto days right off the bat.

I'm not saying its right or wrong but the best explanation I've heard is this: When you earn your vacation and then use it the company has to keep this money set aside is escrow because they alreadyn owe it to you. The way they are doing it now they dont have all that money tied up and can use this money as working capital. There are winners and losers in everything, the winners in this are people like myself that just started, I get 15 pto days right off the bat.

Like I said earlier, if they didn't want to keep it on the books, why not just write us a check for it and call it a day. Well, they stole one years vacation from everyone that has been here more than a year. Books, escrow or what ever the excuse, it comes down to they flat out STOLE a year of vacation that I had earned.

Thats why I said winners and losers, I agree they should have cut you a check for previous year accrued vaccation. How far up the chain of command did you take this as I understood they have a open door policy all the way to CEO?

Thats why I said winners and losers, I agree they should have cut you a check for previous year accrued vaccation. How far up the chain of command did you take this as I understood they have a open door policy all the way to CEO?

They didn't do it to just one driver...everybody lost a year's worth of accrued vacation. Those who have been here the longest accrued the most and lost the most. The CEO is well aware of it. :ranting2:

Yes you would have that time available to you...you can use up to 80 hours immediately but you will have accrue the other 40 hours...

The company hasn't shorted you any hours...now instead of having them available immediately after the first of the year they must be accrued minus the 80 hours you would have avaliable to you if you so chose to use them.

Rat

hasn't shorted you until you want to retire in January

We have had this PTO policy for a few years now and I get it. Is there any chance of management making it clear , on your paystub , what your balance is in days ? Yes it shows what you have accrued , but on my statement it doesn't show what I have taken. It just seems "shifty" that the amount of vacation time , including any carry-over you might have , is not printed out on your statement.

We have had this PTO policy for a few years now and I get it. Is there any chance of management making it clear , on your paystub , what your balance is in days ? Yes it shows what you have accrued , but on my statement it doesn't show what I have taken. It just seems "shifty" that the amount of vacation time , including any carry-over you might have , is not printed out on your statement.

Man, your going way back for dirt.. you must be talking with NobodyinP or Plopman......

Everything is on the bottom of your stub. The accrued, the used that week. What are you wanting on there. I'm confused.

Man, your going way back for dirt.. you must be talking with NobodyinP or Plopman......

Everything is on the bottom of your stub. The accrued, the used that week. What are you wanting on there. I'm confused.

NOT everything - if you carryover vacation time , how much do you have? is that on the bottom of the stub?

NOT everything - if you carryover vacation time , how much do you have? is that on the bottom of the stub?

That number at the bottom is everything you've got. Go to the employee portal and look at the last couple checks from last year, then look at the first couple of january, you'll see it just carried over.

Well, a day would be 8 hours, so... balance/8 = days. The hours used that week, are on the check, but the total amount you have taken over time, your right, it's not on there.

Well, a day would be 8 hours, so... balance/8 = days. The hours used that week, are on the check, but the total amount you have taken over time, your right, it's not on there.

It does NOT show time that you carry-over from the previous year. Please read my previous post , I get the hour to day ratio. The weekly statement reflects our earnings and deductions - why not have it show everything ?

It does NOT show time that you carry-over from the previous year. Please read my previous post , I get the hour to day ratio. The weekly statement reflects our earnings and deductions - why not have it show everything ?

I just looked at mine. Look the last check from 2010 and then at the first check from 2011....what you have is what you carried over. My last one says 91 hours.. my first check of 2011 shows almost 95 hours.. it carries over.

It not going to say carried over.. never has. The system doesn't work that way. But all you have is right there in black and white. Look at last years.

Look at the bottom left of your pay sheet. It has your banked PTO days on it. Bellow that it tells you hours you have recurred. Depending on your service date of what you earn every week. I earn 2.3 hours every week. It adds up to 15 days a year if i dont use any. Also you can only bank a total of 30 days and you wont get anymore hours until you use some.

Look at the bottom left of your pay sheet. It has your banked PTO days on it. Bellow that it tells you hours you have recurred. Depending on your service date of what you earn every week. I earn 2.3 hours every week. It adds up to 15 days a year if i dont use any. Also you can only bank a total of 30 days and you wont get anymore hours until you use some.

You can bank up to 200% of your current yearly allotment.. so, yeah, 30 days for you.