XPO | pto days

goodwrench1

TB Lurker
Credits
how many have been hammered so far for using pto days?. With the recent snow storm some people couldn't get into work so they called in a pto day.Our supervisor say's "no pto days granted today you have to make it in" if your late instead of saying thanks for making it in , you got whacked for being late.Nice people huh. then the following monday they said well we'll give you a pto day, they just want you to use them up so then they can own ya,also anyone know if when you call in can you just tell them its personal I have to take off , or do you have to go through a long b.s story:chairshot:

It's all about Conway!!!!

Look dudes, PTO days were just another way to kill half our sick days. Let's take a walk down memory lane and see just what management has done looking out for us:

1. Long time ago we had long term disability. If you had something serious happen, you were covered until age 65 then retirement kicked in. What do we have now? A max of 3 years then a pat on the back and 'good luck bud...' as Mr. Bruce M would say!

2. 10 sick days. Now we got 5 PTO's that THEY force us to use when we don't want to like in the snow.

3. Fully covered health care at no cost. Now we have this bullsh** HMO and PPO that we have to not only pay out of our checks for, but deductibles and then they kick crap back on top of it as not 'usual and customary'. Add it up and take a look at what you paid out of pocket last year. And guess what, rumor is they've already laid out the increase that will be announced later this year. Get ready....

4. Full pension... now a half baked 401. Remember when they said the pension wasn't canceled??? The CFO is ON TAPE doing a presentation to either investors or anaylsts and the words out of his mouth are we canceld the pension!!! Look at the broadcast and see for yourself.

5. ICP Anyone notice that it keeps getting weaker and weaker each year? Yeah, you can buy into the fluff that it's off of performance and we'er all in the same boat.. beleive it if you want, but if you want the FACTS, take 10 minutes and look at the 8K report that's been filed. Comapare salaires from last year to this. Doug S took a near 30% increase towards the end of last year. I guess 675,000 ain't enough cause he just took another 2.9% increase to 695,000!!!! Not bad enough? How many of you got 100% ICP? He did!!!! He got ANOTHER 695,000 in ICP at factor of 100%!!!!! According to the report, it's based on performance, like ours is based on performance. How's that work?? John L, David Mc, Fat beard, Jennifer P and the CFO ALL got 75% BOUNSES called short-term Incentive Compensation Awards (ICP). The LOWEST pay out was OVER 221,000!!!! Pretty sick? Well it ain't over yet dudes, there's more!!! They all got long term ICP bonuses in the form of company stock. Doug S (CEO) got 29,798 SHARES @ $50 is worth ANOTHER (rounded) 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!! John L, Dave Mc, Fat beard, Jennifer P and the CFO (Kevin S) all got shares from a low of 4,951 to 10,302. Collectively, at $50/share, that package cost us OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS!!! Our benefits are shrinking, we've cut many jobs and put people to the street yet they can justify taking this money, adding all kinds of positions at the top while throwing fellow dsr's, csr's etc. to the curb. Our ICP went to heck in a hand basket while they walked away with millions?? People, we need to push back, HARD AND FAST! This is just wrong, PERIOD!!! It's well beyond our PTO days for snow. Look how much money we are making! If we're doing so bad, how can these people possibly justify cutting jobs while taking this kind of cash from the coffers??? Take it to the bank - we will get hit for more health care costs, more jobs will be lost and the fat cats will just keep getting fatter and fatter and fatter.... Yeah, they'll all be out pressin' the flesh and telling us what we want to hear, all the time laughing all the way to the bank..... Taking a PTO day for the snow is the least of our concerns. Get past the spin they keep giving us! Check it all out at Yahoo Finance. Type in "CNW" for stock look up. On the left side of the screen, click on SEC filings under the header "COMPANY". When it opens, look at the Jan. 31 2007 8K filing. Click on 'summary' and it will give you the short version. You can click on the full filing for all the detail. Be sure to have a bucket with you cause you gonna puke!!!!:toxic:

I have called in & taken them on that day with no notice & been given them, with no repecussions.
I have also used them with no notice, for sick time, and received no repurcussions. My feeling is that it has a lot to do with local management, as to how policys are enforced, like so many other things at Conway.

It's all about Conway....

Look dudes, PTO days were just another way to kill half our sick days. Let's take a walk down memory lane and see just what management has done looking out for us:

1. Long time ago we had long term disability. If you had something serious happen, you were covered until age 65 then retirement kicked in. What do we have now? A max of 3 years then a pat on the back and 'good luck bud...' as Mr. Bruce M would say!

2. 10 sick days. Now we got 5 PTO's that THEY force us to use when we don't want to like in the snow.

3. Fully covered health care at no cost. Now we have this bullsh** HMO and PPO that we have to not only pay out of our checks for, but deductibles and then they kick crap back on top of it as not 'usual and customary'. Add it up and take a look at what you paid out of pocket last year. And guess what, rumor is they've already laid out the increase that will be announced later this year. Get ready....

4. Full pension... now a half baked 401. Remember when they said the pension wasn't canceled??? The CFO is ON TAPE doing a presentation to either investors or anaylsts and the words out of his mouth are we canceld the pension!!! Look at the broadcast and see for yourself.

5. ICP Anyone notice that it keeps getting weaker and weaker each year? Yeah, you can buy into the fluff that it's off of performance and we'er all in the same boat.. beleive it if you want, but if you want the FACTS, take 10 minutes and look at the 8K report that's been filed. Comapare salaires from last year to this. Doug S took a near 30% increase towards the end of last year. I guess 675,000 ain't enough cause he just took another 2.9% increase to 695,000!!!! Not bad enough? How many of you got 100% ICP? He did!!!! He got ANOTHER 695,000 in ICP at factor of 100%!!!!! According to the report, it's based on performance, like ours is based on performance. How's that work?? John L, David Mc, Fat beard, Jennifer P and the CFO ALL got 75% BOUNSES called short-term Incentive Compensation Awards (ICP). The LOWEST pay out was OVER 221,000!!!! Pretty sick? Well it ain't over yet dudes, there's more!!! They all got long term ICP bonuses in the form of company stock. Doug S (CEO) got 29,798 SHARES @ $50 is worth ANOTHER (rounded) 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!! John L, Dave Mc, Fat beard, Jennifer P and the CFO (Kevin S) all got shares from a low of 4,951 to 10,302. Collectively, at $50/share, that package cost us OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS!!! Our benefits are shrinking, we've cut many jobs and put people to the street yet they can justify taking this money, adding all kinds of positions at the top while throwing fellow dsr's, csr's etc. to the curb. Our ICP went to heck in a hand basket while they walked away with millions?? People, we need to push back, HARD AND FAST! This is just wrong, PERIOD!!! It's well beyond our PTO days for snow. Look how much money we are making! If we're doing so bad, how can these people possibly justify cutting jobs while taking this kind of cash from the coffers??? Take it to the bank - we will get hit for more health care costs, more jobs will be lost and the fat cats will just keep getting fatter and fatter and fatter.... Yeah, they'll all be out pressin' the flesh and telling us what we want to hear, all the time laughing all the way to the bank..... Taking a PTO day for the snow is the least of our concerns. Get past the spin they keep giving us! Check it all out at Yahoo Finance. Type in "CNW" for stock look up. On the left side of the screen, click on SEC filings under the header "COMPANY". When it opens, look at the Jan. 31 2007 8K filing. Click on 'summary' and it will give you the short version. You can click on the full filing for all the detail. Be sure to have a bucket with you cause you gonna puke!!!!:toxic:

Great home work.

first i've heard of this.

i miss a day because of snow and was not forced to use a pto.

just be happy your only paying 1% most company take $50.00 or more for ins.before i came here i was paying 75.00 a week.I'll gladly pay 11.00 a week any time.

4. Full pension... now a half baked 401. Remember when they said the pension wasn't canceled??? The CFO is ON TAPE doing a presentation to either investors or anaylsts and the words out of his mouth are we canceled the pension!!! Look at the broadcast and see for yourself.
i wasn't banking on a pension any way.

5. ICP Anyone notice that it keeps getting weaker and weaker each year? Yeah, you can buy into the fluff that it's off of performance and we're all in the same boat.. believe it if you want, but if you want the FACTS, take 10 minutes and look at the 8K report that's been filed. Compare salaries from last year to this. Doug S took a near 30% increase towards the end of last year. I guess 675,000 ain't enough cause he just took another 2.9% increase to 695,000!!!! Not bad enough? How many of you got 100% ICP? He did!!!! He got ANOTHER 695,000 in ICP at factor of 100%!!!!! According to the report, it's based on performance, like ours is based on performance. How's that work?? John L, David Mc, Fat beard, Jennifer P and the CFO ALL got 75% BOUNSES called short-term Incentive Compensation Awards (ICP). The LOWEST pay out was OVER 221,000!!!! Pretty sick? Well it ain't over yet dudes, there's more!!! They all got long term ICP bonuses in the form of company stock. Doug S (CEO) got 29,798 SHARES @ $50 is worth ANOTHER (rounded) 1.5 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!! John L, Dave Mc, Fat beard, Jennifer P and the CFO (Kevin S) all got shares from a low of 4,951 to 10,302. Collectively, at $50/share, that package cost us OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS!!! Our benefits are shrinking, we've cut many jobs and put people to the street yet they can justify taking this money, adding all kinds of positions at the top while throwing fellow DSR's, CSR'S etc. to the curb. Our ICP went to heck in a hand basket while they walked away with millions?? People, we need to push back, HARD AND FAST! This is just wrong, PERIOD!!! It's well beyond our PTO days for snow. Look how much money we are making! If we're doing so bad, how can these people possibly justify cutting jobs while taking this kind of cash from the coffers??? Take it to the bank - we will get hit for more health care costs, more jobs will be lost and the fat cats will just keep getting fatter and fatter and fatter.... Yeah, they'll all be out pressin' the flesh and telling us what we want to hear, all the time laughing all the way to the bank..... Taking a PTO day for the snow is the least of our concerns. Get past the spin they keep giving us! Check it all out at Yahoo Finance. Type in "CNW" for stock look up. On the left side of the screen, click on SEC filings under the header "COMPANY". When it opens, look at the Jan. 31 2007 8K filing. Click on 'summary' and it will give you the short version. You can click on the full filing for all the detail. Be sure to have a bucket with you cause you gonna puke!!!!:toxic:
it could be worse we could not even have an icp check.
the way i see it the DSR and CSR should get a bigger chunk from the icp we do all the dam work.

first i've heard of this.

i miss a day because of snow and was not forced to use a pto.

just be happy your only paying 1% most company take $50.00 or more for ins.before i came here i was paying 75.00 a week.I'll gladly pay 11.00 a week any time.

i wasn't banking on a pension any way.

it could be worse we could not even have an icp check.
the way i see it the DSR and CSR should get a bigger chunk from the icp we do all the dam work.
how much kool aid do you drink a day ?:nutkick:

Originally Posted by red dawn

(first i've heard of this.)
Brutus, part of the reason myself and many other old timers came to Conway, and stayed so long is benefits like this one that have been altered or done away with completely.
The original disability benefit payed you 66% of a 40 hour check per week up until you could return to work, or reached 65 years old, at which time your pension kicked in.
This benefit applied if you were incapacitated due to injury or sickness, and gave a great deal of long term income protection.
As of three or four years ago, we get 6 months short term , and if needed, 3 years long term, then, no matter what your sickness or injury, whether you are in a wheel chair or hooked up to a hundred tubes in the hospital, Conway is done with its obligation to you.
I don't want to hear about how expensive it was for the company, they bought an insurance policy to cover it.
I realize you do not have the history with the co. that some of us do, and have not lost as many benefits as we have. These cuts would not bother me if the co. was in trouble, but they are not, to the contrary, we are very profitable year after year.
Back to the topic, PTO stands for personal time off, and the original posting, under glass, stated they were to be used when an employee could not be at work due to illness, or personal business.

Originally Posted by red dawn

(first i've heard of this.)
Brutus, part of the reason myself and many other old timers came to Conway, and stayed so long is benefits like this one that have been altered or done away with completely.
The original disability benefit payed you 66% of a 40 hour check per week up until you could return to work, or reached 65 years old, at which time your pension kicked in.
This benefit applied if you were incapacitated due to injury or sickness, and gave a great deal of long term income protection.
As of three or four years ago, we get 6 months short term , and if needed, 3 years long term, then, no matter what your sickness or injury, whether you are in a wheel chair or hooked up to a hundred tubes in the hospital, Conway is done with its obligation to you.
I don't want to hear about how expensive it was for the company, they bought an insurance policy to cover it.
I realize you do not have the history with the co. that some of us do, and have not lost as many benefits as we have. These cuts would not bother me if the co. was in trouble, but they are not, to the contrary, we are very profitable year after year.
Back to the topic, PTO stands for personal time off, and the original posting, under glass, stated they were to be used when an employee could not be at work due to illness, or personal business.
thanks for the info.