XPO | Put in my Application in Dallas, TX today

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I went down to con-way and applied. I asked how many applicants they have and they said 70-80 already. I wonder how many jobs this is for? Wish me luck :shift:

Thats good to know. If they take away all the good help for free then its like buying the company for free. Smart Idea to me?

Good luck. I know Cincy was looking at people from your old company first.

Run into a few myself. Nice to see Con-way hiring experienced freight people. I understand it's not the situation you wish to be in, but I wish all those from YRC that have, and will come over here nothing but the best.

Run into a few myself. Nice to see Con-way hiring experienced freight people. I understand it's not the situation you wish to be in, but I wish all those from YRC that have, and will come over here nothing but the best.

same, were all human beings before any other affiliation. good luck my friend.

I went down to con-way and applied. I asked how many applicants they have and they said 70-80 already. I wonder how many jobs this is for? Wish me luck :shift:
They have been re-hiring people that quit and looking for experience people, so the best of luck to you.

You also know, we're heading into the slow times after the end of this month....but with the way things are going, who knows..

Just remember, if they call you, tell them you are willing to work anytime..even if it's dock, you'll still make driver pay.

Just go in with an attitude of willing to work with no complaining and you probably won't have any trouble.
I'm in orientation/training now and asked questions here also during that time.
Good luck and hope to see you around.

Just go in with an attitude of willing to work with no complaining and you probably won't have any trouble.
I'm in orientation/training now and asked questions here also during that time.
Good luck and hope to see you around.

Hope to see you around. I don't mind working hard. I probably need a little exercise.

Hope to see you around. I don't mind working hard. I probably need a little exercise.
Well I hope you get the job, because we sure need some experienced folks around here. And what I really hope happens is that Yellow calls you back one day, because that will mean that the economy has rebounded and everybody can enjoy a good steady job!!

make your sacrifices the first year(/s?) (if you want to call them that) like lots of dock work, driving an old truck, having no start time, working 14 hour days/70 hour weeks, did i say lots of dock work...

and just when you start to enjoy it, you will have acumulated this thing called seniority, when ppl quit, get duis, get fired, transfer out, change bid etc...you will also move up and be able to choose a job of your liking.

Then you will have a prosperous job in a financially stable company and when you look in the mirror you will know you made the right choice.

make your sacrifices the first year(/s?) (if you want to call them that) like lots of dock work, driving an old truck, having no start time, working 14 hour days/70 hour weeks, did i say lots of dock work...

and just when you start to enjoy it, you will have acumulated this thing called seniority, when ppl quit, get duis, get fired, transfer out, change bid etc...you will also move up and be able to choose a job of your liking.

Then you will have a prosperous job in a financially stable company and when you look in the mirror you will know you made the right choice.

But know that when you are standing there, looking in the mirror, that you are looking at someone that was systematically relieved of wages and many "benefits" over the years. - That even though you honored your end of what you were told was a fair and equitable exchange of skilled labor for compensation, your employer decided that their obligation was unmeetable.