XPO | Quality Control

Aggressor

TB Regular
Credits
They have eliminated this position.

My guess is that is was a waste in the first place since nothing was ever fixed when they kept taking pictures everyday of trailers coming out of the same terminals everyday.
they also helped with the new trainees, so the new guys will even be more in the dark now.

I feel that job was a waste. Everyone should take pride in there own terminal.
Expect local management to police and document Quality Control issues even harder.

If you see damage's coming out of the same centers and nothing gets better with the loads make a call, I works. T.M.'s don't like e-mail from the glass house about their center loads looking like sh$%. It makes them look bad.

The quality job was not a waste of money. There are other things the qcl did that you will all find out that is important even though they did the little things that you did not see at first. I felt I was wasting time taking pictures especially a certain chicagoland terminal which will remain nameless. I am not happy about being reassigned. If I would have known that they were gonna have a fire sale in august I never ever would have agreed to be a qcl. I am starting to get trained on w/i and last night I sat up in a cube for 45 minutes not being attended to. I know if I was doing qcl work I would have been productive. ICE has melted. They spent all this money and now have pissed it against the fence. Read certain threads here very carefully. There are a lot of hard truths.

I am sure everyone's opinion differs on this. There were good QCL's and bad QCL's out there. Some who did a good job making sure the freight in their center was being loaded properly, hazmat documented properly, spills cleaned up, your supplies to load with were there etc. etc. etc....But there is always exceptions to that rule. My service center happens to have a pretty lazy one that doesn't do much. That is just the way it is. He will probably not do much better at W/I. The company must have felt it was going to make them more money putting them to use doing that. But someone still has to clean up those spills and to those reports and things. That will be just another thing the FOS ends up taking care of. In the meantime you are correct, all the money spent on ICE was pretty much a waste because not only do the drivers generally not practice it nor does management but the company as whole doesn't and just p*ssed all that money away on it.

bruce must be really mad

I am sure everyone's opinion differs on this. There were good QCL's and bad QCL's out there. Some who did a good job making sure the freight in their center was being loaded properly, hazmat documented properly, spills cleaned up, your supplies to load with were there etc. etc. etc....But there is always exceptions to that rule. My service center happens to have a pretty lazy one that doesn't do much. That is just the way it is. He will probably not do much better at W/I. The company must have felt it was going to make them more money putting them to use doing that. But someone still has to clean up those spills and to those reports and things. That will be just another thing the FOS ends up taking care of. In the meantime you are correct, all the money spent on ICE was pretty much a waste because not only do the drivers generally not practice it nor does management but the company as whole doesn't and just p*ssed all that money away on it.

ice was bruces idea and it never even gained steam or traction drivers thought it was bs and managers said we could not do it so we didn't too bad really we ned qc's bad . maybe they can think something up for the future audits.
I bet when dm is coming to your barn there is a whole lot of quality control going spending extra money to wak the floors and paint the offices,huh?:butt kiss: :funky: :hysterical:

bulls**t ... expect nothing ....
I really do think management is going to kick it up a notch now that the job is eliminated.
With the motto "Doing it right the first time"
Everyone is going to be asked to load like they've never loaded before etc..
TM/FOM/FOS will probably be given more job duties to supply the necessary tools and knowledge to keep their terminal out of the poop list.
No terminal wants to be the origin terminal of the damage.
I wouldn't want to be the responsible person who loaded incorrectly.

(I know there are too many loading, reworking the freight variables but it has to start somehwere.....again)

FYI, The QCL positions are not being eliminated. They will be assisting the W/I for the remainder of the year. This is to gain an immediate effect to our bottom lone. at the end of the year it will be re-evaluated.

Well, yes we are doing the W&I thing, and I personally find it interesting, but according to the e-mail I got, we will be full time inspectors for the remaining year. After that it is hoped that one would be promoted (?) into the W&I dept or return to the general DSR workforce. Sounds like sayonara QCL's to me. I'm not too worried about it.

I believe the qcl was a waste of time and money because everyone not need to be babyssiter,if you do the job right in the first time you won't have to worried the second time.10 to 20 years ago we did not need a person walking down the dock to tell you what to do ,that is way we have supervisors to do that,is there are not busy smoking or bs somewhere in the office or between the trailers.Also ICE was kind a good idea since it make everyone think before is load it on a trailer.I have see improvement on the loading than 5 or 10 years ago ask you fellow morning or linehault worker.

FYI, The QCL positions are not being eliminated. They will be assisting the W/I for the remainder of the year. This is to gain an immediate effect to our bottom lone. at the end of the year it will be re-evaluated.

I was wondering when I would read your two-cents worth. I figured you would be the one to straighten us all out. As someone stated... "some good ones and some lazy ones". I am sure the attention you gave to the job (qcl) will look good on your resume. So, is it back to driving next year for the ghost, or a little weights and measure?

I was wondering when I would read your two-cents worth. I figured you would be the one to straighten us all out. As someone stated... "some good ones and some lazy ones". I am sure the attention you gave to the job (qcl) will look good on your resume. So, is it back to driving next year for the ghost, or a little weights and measure?

Actually I'm No Longer a QCL... I decided to move my career beyond the DSR level... Yes, I know I'm now the "enemy":Fart:

Actually I'm No Longer a QCL... I decided to move my career beyond the DSR level... Yes, I know I'm now the "enemy":Fart:

well, I don't know about "the enemy". How about "adversary"? And a worthy one at that.

Good Luck!