XPO | Question about Con-way south hiring rules.

catfish

TB Lurker
Credits
I would like to find out how long does it take to become regular after being hired, is it like the old central, where it takes 15 months?

If ya down south like me its 3 year's to top pay no overtime until ya over 50 and we are about 2 dollars less per hr than the Yankees are !!!

To give you a real answer its 90 days to be regular.

wow, it takes 15 months up here, I was looking into transferring to NJV I would be the bottom regular guy over all the supplemental ones. It's not a big deal if it only takes 90 days to get the regular status

you would be full time at njv if your already full time there and if you transfered on someones 89th day they would be under you.

wow, it takes 15 months up here, I was looking into transferring to NJV I would be the bottom regular guy over all the supplemental ones. It's not a big deal if it only takes 90 days to get the regular status

Its not 15 months. You get benefits(the first year one) after 90 days as well as start accruing PTO. Thats when your considered regular

If your transfering you would only lose your bid seniority and the pay is lower. Everything would stay the same. You wouldn't be starting over. you shoule've said that in your original post.

If your transfering you would only lose your bid seniority and the pay is lower. Everything would stay the same. You wouldn't be starting over. you shoule've said that in your original post.
Sorry, I was reading the policy in the portal, It did not spell out how long it takes to become regular or I did not find it, It took me 15 months to become regular, but it was back in 98 at XPH. A lot of rules changed since.
I have been thinking over transferring to Florida and seems like the Jacksonville area would be acceptable to my wife:) Thanks for the info!

Theses comments are mine. And may or may not reflect the views of my employer. My comments are for entertainment purposes only.

Its not 15 months. You get benefits(the first year one) after 90 days as well as start accruing PTO. Thats when your considered regular

It's a lot easier to start this way, I have one one more question, if the overtime starts after 50 hours, does that mean the average work is considered 50 hours?

Pay is $2/hr lower, in the Old South.
Yes, I know about the scale, thank you for the info. I just have to time it when there are a few guys with less than 90 days:)

Theses comments are mine. And may or may not reflect the views of my employer. My comments are for entertainment purposes only.

Yes, I know about the scale, thank you for the info. I just have to time it when there are a few guys with less than 90 days:)

I was under the impression that bid seniority for new employees starts on day 1 ..

lot of dock time. No new hires for awhile. So you will be at the bottom. Plenty of work, but not good working hours. Coming in late and staying late.