XPO | Question about other LTL's

TiredDvrsWife

TB Veteran
Credits
At any time, past or present, has any LTLs been formed for and by the drivers? If not, is the reason because of lack of money? (of course).

Would be wonderful if Conway drivers could get together and buy out Conway. Everyone could get an equal vote, at the end of year after putting back money for the coming year expenses then divide up the profit, as in profit sharing.

Just wishing I guess but also wanting to know if this has happened.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

At any time, past or present, has any LTLs been formed for and by the drivers? If not, is the reason because of lack of money? (of course).

Would be wonderful if Conway drivers could get together and buy out Conway. Everyone could get an equal vote, at the end of year after putting back money for the coming year expenses then divide up the profit, as in profit sharing.

Then we could call the company Our-way.
:funky:

Then we could turn the trucks back up,as of now the fuel cost are going to go up 3 million more a year at 62mph !!!!

I think conway is broken at all levels which would indicate buying out not to be such a good thought...no matter what you would do you would still inherit past problems...

Then we could turn the trucks back up,as of now the fuel cost are going to go up 3 million more a year at 62mph !!!!

Where did you see that? I saw on company print set out for all to see that we gained .2mpg and that would save the company 10 million dollars this year. It was in the driver information center. So it has to be true.

one comes to mind in 1993 Standard Trucking Co tried this. it's called an ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan ). the company was pushing this to the employees but what it really was a union busting ploy, either way you don't see them green truck on the road anymore

Ok, leasing would be a good option. My thought was to buy the newer equipment they have, already painted by the local 4 year old and have a name already out there. Would save on advertising and then run the company the way it was in the beginning.

But after thinking about what I've read so far, most of the equipment isn't that great at this point, is it?

Lots of ideas and options to think through. Thanks for your input!

Then why wouldnt you just buy new??? Buying their equipment wouldnt make sense. Leasing new equipment would.

I've heard of ESOP and I guess that's what i was thinking about in this case.

My mainpoint was to find out if this had ever happened and if so, then was it successful? :1036316054:

one comes to mind in 1993 Standard Trucking Co tried this. it's called an ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan ). the company was pushing this to the employees but what it really was a union busting ploy, either way you don't see them green truck on the road anymore

Ok, leasing would be a good option. My thought was to buy the newer equipment they have, already painted by the local 4 year old and have a name already out there. Would save on advertising and then run the company the way it was in the beginning.

But after thinking about what I've read so far, most of the equipment isn't that great at this point, is it?

Lots of ideas and options to think through. Thanks for your input!

The conway "brand" isnt all that great of a brand anymore...it is a major contributing factor in the ongoing revenue problems we are enduring...5 years ago or so, yes, today no...

Yanno, just to insert a little bit of humor here, to help bring everyone's blood pressure back down to dangerous instead of CALL THE PARAMEDICS!!
Drivers buy out Conway, make the Great Comeback and everyone will cheer!! It's like Rocky II!! :funky::hysterical::chairshot: We'll all be in Macy's parade! on front covers of....well, some big magazine!! and I can show off all of my little benefit boxes that I decorated for the drivers!!

Seriously? anytime there's big money around, the sharks close in, eat the victim and leave a bloody trail behind. I don't know of many Corporations that this hasn't happened to one way or the other.

And with that, I close this thread. Thank you guys for taking time to answer my ignorant, probably stupid, questions. I'm learning more and I think I'll join my driver in :chairshot: to help us bring down our BP.

The conway "brand" isnt all that great of a brand anymore...it is a major contributing factor in the ongoing revenue problems we are enduring...5 years ago or so, yes, today no...