XPO | Question about XPO truck cameras

Also the cams are from Samsara. The cams take a pic every 5mins out the front windshield and when they look at you log those pictures are there.. Oh and we don't what to let the best part out...The camera even talks to you and if they want they can pop in and see what you are doing

They can review as much footage as they want. It’s all saved.
Harsh events are reviewed by Samsara and forwarded to the company. They toss out the junk like brake checking for a wild hostler in the yard or hard brake after banging a dock too hard and don’t even send them. Anything else has to be requested and costs extra so isn’t done much or without good reason.

Harsh events are reviewed by Samsara and forwarded to the company. They toss out the junk like brake checking for a wild hostler in the yard or hard brake after banging a dock too hard and don’t even send them. Anything else has to be requested and costs extra so isn’t done much or without good reason.
They do it all the time. They reviewed one drivers entire trip.

Look it slow so they have nothing better to do then screw with drivers. If you are one of those on the ::shit:: list I am sure they are looking at your stuff all the time. Have fun out there. There are other companies that have cams but don't have driver facing

Does XPO have safety vest rules when on the dock? At Yellow you had to wear one while on the dock. What about while driving?

Does XPO have safety vest rules when on the dock? At Yellow you had to wear one while on the dock. What about while driving?
No and no. No safety boot requirement either, boots are suppose to be 6”. That’s not enforced either.

I'm pretty sure it's a requirement in the US, it is where I'm at anyways. Maybe it's not strictly enforced, depending on location.
Don’t think it is in the us, unless you guys get a boot allowance?
Here the deal with the boot policy. Last I knew it was to be a leather over the ankle boot. Thes guys wearing anything other then that better hope they don't get hurt. You can guarantee that if you smash your foot the first question will be what foot wear were you wearing. If you don't have the required foot wear can we say up a creek without a paddle

Here the deal with the boot policy. Last I knew it was to be a leather over the ankle boot. Thes guys wearing anything other then that better hope they don't get hurt. You can guarantee that if you smash your foot the first question will be what foot wear were you wearing. If you don't have the required foot wear can we say up a creek without a paddle
Workers Comp is no fault insurance. The company may be able to fire you for violating policy, but you will still qualify for full Workers Comp benefits.

Workers Comp is no fault insurance. The company may be able to fire you for violating policy, but you will still qualify for full Workers Comp benefits.
It can be very difficult for an employee to prove that his or her injures were caused by an incident that was out of his or her hands, especially if those injuries occurred due to violating a company rule. In the Minnesota case of Smith v. Metro Transit, a bus driver working for Metro Transit was injured after violating the rule of leaving the driver’s seat. Since the violation was clear, the bus driver was denied workers' comp.
Now the law is different in each state, but in my state, the violation of a positive work rule is an affirmative defense in which the employer must establish three criteria: (1) the injury was, in fact, caused by the violation of the order or rule, (2) the employee actually knew of the order or rule, and (3) the order or rule implicated an activity not connected with the employee’s work duties.