Yellow | Question...any experts ?

lazylarry

TB Lurker
Credits
What keeps a road driver honest about his drops and hooks at a dark terminal. The other night I strung a set of trailers with the right tractor and everything, I mean ready to go, just jump in and turn the key. I walked in to punch out and over heard the roadman telling some guy on the phone, ' I need 1 hour of clock time and 1/2 hour for my hook' . He looked at me funny because he knew I heard him. Now Im no rat by any means, but this is a thirty year man. Ive been hooking these sets nightly for quite some time. The company is paying double for the same work ? How the hell can we survive when we have such thiefs ? Whats the difference from just stealing $15.00 cash ? Can you imagine the dollar value of fraud this ONE man alone could have pulled all through the years. CROOKS. If you are pulling this ::shit:: where you work your a crook plain and simple. Teamster or no Teamster, I call a spade a spade.

Crooks stealing from thieves in my opinion. If your looking at YRCs present state I don't think it can be blamed on 1 lowlife.

I will probably get yell at but I always looked at it this way . If a person would steal and yes it's stealing from a company then they will also steal from you and me . Sorry if I upset anyone but those are my feelings two wrongs do not make a right

I will probably get yell at but I always looked at it this way . If a person would steal and yes it's stealing from a company then they will also steal from you and me . Sorry if I upset anyone but those are my feelings two wrongs do not make a right
You'll get no argument from me.....

What keeps a road driver honest about his drops and hooks at a dark terminal. The other night I strung a set of trailers with the right tractor and everything, I mean ready to go, just jump in and turn the key. I walked in to punch out and over heard the roadman telling some guy on the phone, ' I need 1 hour of clock time and 1/2 hour for my hook' . He looked at me funny because he knew I heard him. Now Im no rat by any means, but this is a thirty year man. Ive been hooking these sets nightly for quite some time. The company is paying double for the same work ? How the hell can we survive when we have such thiefs ? Whats the difference from just stealing $15.00 cash ? Can you imagine the dollar value of fraud this ONE man alone could have pulled all through the years. CROOKS. If you are pulling this ::shit:: where you work your a crook plain and simple. Teamster or no Teamster, I call a spade a spade.
So you can say you've never stolen any time. You must be a saint.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take opportuniity to steal now and then because someone inevitably would jack me for clock time I was entitled too 100%. I just kept a tally in my head and around 3-4hrs in "the bank." I'm not 100% honest but a lot more than the YRC dispatchers.

No argument from me either

So you can say you've never stolen any time. You must be a saint.

That's always the argument that's thrown up to stop someone. Why? Does that mean then that all must freely steal, make theft justified? "All have sinned" is true. Does that mean we are to not try to do right for once????

I stole a kiss from a gal 39 years ago and I am still serving time for it!.....LOL...KK.

you're doin 40 to life and you're an innocent man..omg

I once took a 12 min break​

All I can say is it would be a real bummer to lose a $75,000 a year job for a $15.00 d/h. One of these days all good things come to an end.

Another little Indian trick is to arrive in the a.m. to a dark terminal and just uncouple the road tractor from the set and not back the wagons in. Thats considered a d/h. Another $15 for 5 minutes (or less) work. I just wonder how long this crap would go on at UPS or FedEx. You know all the the years it was no biggie but now we're near bankruptcy all these frauds (particularly in the line haul dept.) are actually helping sink our company. Then they tell us that we cant use a spare driver to deliver peoples freight because we only have 12 extra stops and we need 15 for another driver. The management of this company has lost control. KK , what would be the unions position be here when the t/m came through the terminal and saw the set hooked by the dock workers and made a phone call to the hub and found the driver had put in for the hook ? Sounds like risky living for the road driver to me.

That's always the argument that's thrown up to stop someone. Why? Does that mean then that all must freely steal, make theft justified? "All have sinned" is true. Does that mean we are to not try to do right for once????
Linehaul coordinators are not as oblivious you may think. Most know how long it takes to D/H a set, they chose to ignore the offending driver rather than confront him. In 710 we have guys who claim 1 hour to park a van and leave the tractor hooked! We shall see how much longer this THEFT continues without discipline. Besides if there were supervisors who were unaware, after reading this thread they will be wiser.

Another little Indian trick is to arrive in the a.m. to a dark terminal and just uncouple the road tractor from the set and not back the wagons in. Thats considered a d/h. Another $15 for 5 minutes (or less) work. I just wonder how long this crap would go on at UPS or FedEx. You know all the the years it was no biggie but now we're near bankruptcy all these frauds (particularly in the line haul dept.) are actually helping sink our company. Then they tell us that we cant use a spare driver to deliver peoples freight because we only have 12 extra stops and we need 15 for another driver. The management of this company has lost control. KK , what would be the unions position be here when the t/m came through the terminal and saw the set hooked by the dock workers and made a phone call to the hub and found the driver had put in for the hook ? Sounds like risky living for the road driver to me.
Just a thought.....do you ever see the things that mgmt do to steal from the company. Little things like swing freight unnecessarily to pad the numbers...hense a bigger bonus. Or slip out every Friday 3 hours early....being salary does not make it OK. Or spend hours on the phone personal business instead of making sales calls and such. Your posts seem a little one sided, why do you hate drivers so?

Larry, you've never had a friendly conversation with a fellow driver while on the clock? Taken a few extra minutes while on break, or made a personal phone call at one of your stops. May not be as flagrant as what the line driver is doing but it's still stealing time.