XPO | Question - Fair and Equitable?

B

Bankrupt

Am pretty sure that most Conway employees would agree that our compensation package has been systematically reduced over the years. We have an unwritten deal with The Company that in return for our labors they reenumerate compensation.

That being said, if at one point in the past, our compensation could be deemed fair and equitable; What is it now after these deep cuts?

If in a transaction, one party decides on its own to reduce that compensation, should the other party provide the same level of labor in exchange?

If you are mowing my lawn for $20 a week and now I want you to do it every 6 days (ie., 62 MPH) or I want you to do it weekly for $15 (ie., pension, sick days, health ins., etc.)....
IS this Fair and Equitable?????​

I suspect you won't quit because I know you need the job because you are possibly over extended. But should I expect you to do as good a job mowing my lawn?

If I was regularly mowing your lawn for 20.00 a week and you suddenly cut it down to 15.00 a week. I would ask you "why?".
It would have to be a fair and equitable reason why you are lowering the pay.

If I didn't agree with your answer I would quit and move on to better paying lawn jobs.
It makes no sense to walk up and down your lawn knowing that you just hosed me.

In fact...the deviant mind that I have....I would probably act like I'm not quitting and do a few zig zagging scalp jobs. Maybe throw a bottle of RoundUp on your grass and plants and than quit.

However, If I needed the money I would feel a bit bitter,sour and salty towards you.
I would mow your lawn as quickly as possible and not care as much as before. Just enough to get by to receive your 15.00.

I do understand how those Con-way cuts can really take a bite out of morale and the willingness of an employee to want to give their all. I was that unhappy lawn mower man that decided the cuts were too much and the owner was an idiot. I moved on and found some very green grass!

Excuse the multitude of puns.:smilie_132:

Am pretty sure that most Conway employees would agree that our compensation package has been systematically reduced over the years. We have an unwritten deal with The Company that in return for our labors they reenumerate compensation.

That being said, if at one point in the past, our compensation could be deemed fair and equitable; What is it now after these deep cuts?

If in a transaction, one party decides on its own to reduce that compensation, should the other party provide the same level of labor in exchange?

If you are mowing my lawn for $20 a week and now I want you to do it every 6 days (ie., 62 MPH) or I want you to do it weekly for $15 (ie., pension, sick days, health ins., etc.)....

I suspect you won't quit because I know you need the job because you are possibly over extended. But should I expect you to do as good a job mowing my lawn?

I suppose if our agreement is we use my lawnmower and I pay for your labor you use my mower no matter how fast or new it is.

No. Our job is no longer fair and equatable...they diminshed that with the erosion of benefits. It is why all we can hire now are basically losers...or good people who do not have to care as they can get a job of same compensation and basic same benefits at any other company...it is what made our company different and better in the years past...compensate your people with either excellent benefits, compensation or both...the job is a value to them and they do better to ensure their personal job security...diminish those...and the knowledge quickly becomes learned one can get the same basic job elsewhere...that is the part the upper management people either do not give two rats butts about or...they are truly stupid...but either way...like i said in a different thread..it will be easier for me to get a driver job when we fold shop then it will for FOS's and above to get equal work...so either way my personal knowledge is simple...i will look just as pretty in a green, blue pink or ugly white with gay blue striped truck...

:hide: Bankrupt: If you live close to me, I will mow your lawn for $12.50, BUT, you supply the beer! :smilie_132:

I would have to perform a time/cost study. How thirsty are you?

Oh, there is no smoking on the property and the lawn mower has been governed down to reduce my carbon footprint. But I do have fresh decals on it.

I would have to perform a time/cost study. How thirsty are you?

Oh, there is no smoking on the property and the lawn mower has been governed down to reduce my carbon footprint. But I do have fresh decals on it.

:biglaugh::1036316054:
Wear your back belt and log your breaks!