XPO | Question for XML

yrc-atm

commodities relocator
Credits
One of your supervisors ( Dave) jumped ship over here to Holland. What do we need to know about this guy?

I'd like to know something to, YRC. Does your labor contract give drivers any control regarding bids as in how many, start times, flex/utility. I mean where I am, we just have to pick from whatever management decides, just wondering if you guys had a little bit of control in the process.

I'd like to know something to, YRC. Does your labor contract give drivers any control regarding bids as in how many, start times, flex/utility. I mean where I am, we just have to pick from whatever management decides, just wondering if you guys had a little bit of control in the process.
our city bids are made by management every April and October and are approved by the union. We have destinations attached to the majority. They have tried to eliminate the destination peddles and have failed due to past practice. All extra loads are seniority dispatched.

Does the union contract specify who works the dock after your peddle route is done. I have heard some drivers go home if they want and others stay until all dock work is done.

Does the union contract specify who works the dock after your peddle route is done. I have heard some drivers go home if they want and others stay until all dock work is done.
The last two start times of the day can be designated as the cleanup shift. Beyond that it is offered up by seniority.

At my shop we have two guys who start around noon and they are our outbound dock crew at the end of the day. If they're still out on the street we can get put on the dock until they return and those with the most seniority get choice on go home or work dock. I don't like dock work so I go home at first opportunity.

At my shop we have two guys who start around noon and they are our outbound dock crew at the end of the day. If they're still out on the street we can get put on the dock until they return and those with the most seniority get choice on go home or work dock. I don't like dock work so I go home at first opportunity.
Having that choice is nice!

If your not cleanup shift, do you go home if you want when done on the street?
If they need help they may post "work available" and you can stay. If your start time is posted as forced overtime you have to stay to finish your 10 hours. If nothing is posted then you must go home.

If they need help they may post "work available" and you can stay. If your start time is posted as forced overtime you have to stay to finish your 10 hours. If nothing is posted then you must go home.

How can Holland force ot when I have spoken to several YRC city hands that told me that they couldn't be forced to work ot? I thought you guys were under the same contract.

They can force to 10 hours. YRC can as well. At least in the central region

I know some of the stories are tall tales. But I have heard of guys on the bottom complaining about putting in much more than 10 a day over there.

They can force to 10 hours. YRC can as well. At least in the central region

I guess that's it, y'all know I live down south so some of the rules might be different. I have talked to some city guys from Holland round here and they are forced ot but a YRC guy I talked to out of Marietta said they couldn't force them. I dunno.

I guess that's it, y'all know I live down south so some of the rules might be different. I have talked to some city guys from Holland round here and they are forced ot but a YRC guy I talked to out of Marietta said they couldn't force them. I dunno.

And depending on the local and the stewards and their relationship with the management at certain terminals that contract might not be worth a ::shit:: either. Heaven forbid someone mention the political nightmare a union can encourage.