SEFL | Question from a Dayton Freight driver

DFL_driver

TB Lurker
Credits
We just heard that some of our upper management was with SEFL and learned about your driver facing camera tech. Now we are testing them out. What do we have to look forward to?

Sorry, you have been misinformed. There is no driver facing cameras at SEFL.
We are testing out dash cams now that are forward facing. But they said in our big annual meeting that after talking to SEFL they want to test out cameras that monitor driver fatigue.

Samsara does have the ability for ai facial recognition if the company sets it for that. Estes is using samsara but on forward facing. They said they had no plans of using driver facing camera. Tell me what driver has not yawned and exactly what is this ai crap looking for on someones face to tell if they are tired. Sounds like an invasion of privacy and if used cameras should be put on every manager in their offices and up their every nook and cranny.

Samsara does have the ability for ai facial recognition if the company sets it for that. Estes is using samsara but on forward facing. They said they had no plans of using driver facing camera. Tell me what driver has not yawned and exactly what is this ai crap looking for on someones face to tell if they are tired. Sounds like an invasion of privacy and if used cameras should be put on every manager in their offices and up their every nook and cranny.
All it will see is me swearing for 10 hours

Right now we are testing Samsara AI forward facing cameras. A few of the cameras have a driver facing camera, but the lense is covered. The new fatigue monitoring camera isn't in a truck yet. They are asking for volunteers to test it out.
That one always cracks me up...dispatch.."hey driver you look tired. Come back to the yard and miss those two pickups at 12 grand each. We will get them tomorrow. Your safety and the motoring public's comes first." Said no dispatcher ever...lmao

That one always cracks me up...dispatch.."hey driver you look tired. Come back to the yard and miss those two pickups at 12 grand each. We will get them tomorrow. Your safety and the motoring public's comes first." Said no dispatcher ever...lmao
Yes sir. Ive seen drivers sick as a dog working when they should of been at home.

At XPO there are driver facing cameras. In an unusual move ( for XPO ) they asked drivers if the AI software should be activated to monitor drivers faces for fatigue and the shapes of cell phones ( if I remember correctly ) XPO also asked for volunteers to try out this technology in my region.

No driver volunteered that I know. And there was an overwhelming thumbs down on the AI software. XPO uses Samsara cameras and ELDs.

At XPO there are driver facing cameras. In an unusual move ( for XPO ) they asked drivers if the AI software should be activated to monitor drivers faces for fatigue and the shapes of cell phones ( if I remember correctly ) XPO also asked for volunteers to try out this technology in my region.

No driver volunteered that I know. And there was an overwhelming thumbs down on the AI software. XPO uses Samsara cameras and ELDs.
I dont know any person that wants this garbage, Every since Estes got the samsara they gripe and whine about the drivers over one thing or another. A lot of us are keeping our eye on it to see if Estes turns into just another crap trucking company. Webb the 3rd generation Estes took it over and with most places each generation seems to forget who keeps them rich. Its the workers who keep working making them money.