XPO | Question.

Basically in a round about way your trying to say your part of the "lean team"..................Good for you man, I would quit before I had to go sit in the room for hours and come up with some of the crap that these guys come up with, but if it works for you then that's good:butt kiss: What I hate is watching the millions being wasted. Out of paper towels been this way for two weeks. Asked TM about it he got all pissed off. Wait I'm not the one that came out with this lean. Out paper towels and abut out toilet paper shouldn't there be some in the supply room? I thought this was part of the lean process. Guess when I told him we should have some in supply room this is part of lean it really pissed him off:poster_oops: :(

HAHA... I don't round about nothin..... I'm not part of the lean team. Truck driver you may be but Sherlock Holmes your not. I've been invited multiple times but it's not for me. I calls em like I sees em. If you've read all my posts since I've been here you'd probably know I'm not that guy lol.

Don't get me wrong, I give a lot. I do move a lot of freight but each time they pull my card and write me up. I move just a little slower. If and when I ever get another paper to sign I'll move even slower. The more BS I have to put up with from the morons in the office the less they'll continue to get out of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what they want anymore... Anyone that's been here 8 years or more remembers what it was like back then. It was an honour to work here. Very hard to get hired because we only took the best of the best. We use to have common sense, and we didn't need an SWI to figure things out. Now we are run by people who are clearly out of touch with the actual process of driving a truck and moving freight. DSR's moved into management, and took that experience with them, changing things for the better. Now, it's college kids who look at "metrics" ( I absolutely loath that word.) and are great at spreadsheets and computer generated models... But wouldn't know how to operate a hand jack if you held a gun to their head. The people trying to run this play pin don't need to know how to run a pallet jack, that's what were here for, for gods sakes man grow up, the CCX/JD. days are gone, this is just a trucking company and yes if all you can do is feel sorry for yourself and **** and cry all the time than hell yes they want you to quite, they show you every pay day how much your appreciated if its not enough than maybe you should go some where else (PEACE OUT)!:usa::nut_kick::6817

Wow.... You need a snickers? **** and moan eh? If you say so. Most people don't realize how much this company has changed. We all have a choice whether to stay or move on. As for showing how much we are appreciated on payday.... That's money we earned. Nothing to do with company appreciation.

Funny I used to be a Machinist too made everything from Pumps for navy ships and submarines to parts for Bendix brakes and Hubs for Con-met truck parts for Freight-liners . Free Trade Agreements NAFTA pretty much ended my career and that's how I end up here lol got tired of being layed off all the damned time Truth be known our Government has as much to do with our changing business operations as Con~way does . Its all greed like Obama care it helps insurance Company's **** their Customers more with government approval . This New raise in min wage will help Uncle Sam more than it does the average worker How you ask ? ( they will get more Taxes )Think about it you raise the min wage ok so food lion raises the cost of grocery's to cover their added cost's MC Donald's , Burger King , Taco Bell , Ect ,ect on down the line so cost of living go's up wage increase does no real good !! While people like you and I whom are already making well above the min wage we will not be compensated for the additional cost of living but we will be negatively affected by this wage increase of the min wage worker's . Do you think Con~way is going to give us a cost of living wage increase next year when the new min wage rolls out ?? If they did they would need to give us also $2.85 an hr to equal what the new cost of living will be ! Don't be Fooled Food Lion MC Donald's will not loose a dime they will add any new costs to their products they have share holders too and you can trust this they want more Profits every year and more than the year before !
That's what all this lean **** is about they are catering to share holders that don't give a **** whether your children eat live or die all they give a damn about is this damn numbers and Dollar Signs that's how Corporate America works ! and yes I remember the ISO 9000 and 9001 they are taking a backseat now to this lean **** and 2 or 3 yrs from now they will come up with some new bull **** all in the name of progress ! For now I will play the game and try to ignore the dumb **** all any of us can do !!!

I worked as a machinist making high technology diamond tipped drill bits n reamers back around 1995-1999. I remember when we went through the process of becoming ISO 9001 compliant. This lean program reminds me somewhat of the ISO 9001 process.

Like someone mentioned earlier, It's nice having stuff where it belongs, shovels, brooms, screwdrivers, and just about anything else we use. The list is deep at our barn, it's nice. I can't go through the list lol but air lines, bulbs, ambers, mirrors and just about every tool in the house has a spot and that's where it is when you need it, so I like it. I was very impressed when I was first shown how organized they are at this particular barn.

I have my differences with management, got into it yesterday with them again over a write up I got for the dumbest thing but I personally don't have anything against lean at this point.

Very nice post. I am sure you are spot on. I like what you said about lean being the flavor of the month until the next crap they come up with.......i am also glad you and others see the big picture........i just cant do it......i just can not work with out common sense......maybe i am weaker ........it stresses me out so it is not healthy for me...QUOTE=Con-F-Trucker;1346909]Funny I used to be a Machinist too made everything from Pumps for navy ships and submarines to parts for Bendix brakes and Hubs for Con-met truck parts for Freight-liners . Free Trade Agreements NAFTA pretty much ended my career and that's how I end up here lol got tired of being layed off all the damned time Truth be known our Government has as much to do with our changing business operations as Con~way does . Its all greed like Obama care it helps insurance Company's **** their Customers more with government approval . This New raise in min wage will help Uncle Sam more than it does the average worker How you ask ? ( they will get more Taxes )Think about it you raise the min wage ok so food lion raises the cost of grocery's to cover their added cost's MC Donald's , Burger King , Taco Bell , Ect ,ect on down the line so cost of living go's up wage increase does no real good !! While people like you and I whom are already making well above the min wage we will not be compensated for the additional cost of living but we will be negatively affected by this wage increase of the min wage worker's . Do you think Con~way is going to give us a cost of living wage increase next year when the new min wage rolls out ?? If they did they would need to give us also $2.85 an hr to equal what the new cost of living will be ! Don't be Fooled Food Lion MC Donald's will not loose a dime they will add any new costs to their products they have share holders too and you can trust this they want more Profits every year and more than the year before !
That's what all this lean **** is about they are catering to share holders that don't give a **** whether your children eat live or die all they give a damn about is this damn numbers and Dollar Signs that's how Corporate America works ! and yes I remember the ISO 9000 and 9001 they are taking a backseat now to this lean **** and 2 or 3 yrs from now they will come up with some new bull **** all in the name of progress ! For now I will play the game and try to ignore the dumb **** all any of us can do !!![/QUOTE]

Head down and mouth shut, if you can help it. They let these clicks and teams run the terminal like mafia and gang bangers. Always some little turf war going on. It's amazing what this place has been reduced to. If you try to care and give a hoot, you get attacked from both sides.